Two Month Success with Finasteride/Nizoral 1%

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
I've noticed thinning when I was around 30 but didn't pay much attention to it. About a year ago, I noticed how bad it really was. I was developing a very nice shiny spot on my crown and receding quite a but. I was even thing on the top.

December 7th I was prescribed Finasteride and began taking 1.25 mg a day (can't cut the pills in fifths) along with Nizoral 1%. I've noticed new growth on the top. Most hair is 1/4 to 3/8 ling, some darker, some thin and white, but new growth nonetheless. I can't really tell on my crown because what hair I have is fairly long. My wifes believes there has been improvement there as well. I will post pics soon.

Also, I am 37 now. The only side effect I've noticed is more frequent and very intense erections. Not a bad thing though!

Edit:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43959&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

Pictures on page 3.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
your wife must love finasteride then lol

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Mad_Jasper said:
RaginDemon said:
your wife must love finasteride then lol

She did for the first 3-4 weeks, now she complains she's tired all of the time!

:punk:

haha you are da man!

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
Since I had fairly good success with Nizoral and finasteride, I decided to add minoxidil to my regimen. I bought the liquid Walgreens brand and began using it yesterday. I have a question about application though.

I add 1ML to the crown and about .1ML to my temples. Do I rub it in or do I let it dry by itself?

Thanks in advance.

- MJ

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
Updated...

I've been on Minixodil close to 3 weeks... it hard to say what the impact has been thus far. However, I have quite a bit of regrowth occurring... in both the temples and the crown. Some of the hair seems to be getting thicker and darker. I also found a great deal on Nioxin, but hair feels a little dry after using it for a few days. I may back off that for now.

March 5th will make 3 months on Finasteride and Nizoral and 1 month on minoxidil. I've decided to post pictures for feedback.

jared_24

Established Member
Reaction score
I cannot understand how finasteride can give some guys more frequent and intense erections....

If anything, I thought it was more likely to be a detriment to a guys libido??
:dunno:

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
jared_24 said:
I cannot understand how finasteride can give some guys more frequent and intense erections....

If anything, I thought it was more likely to be a detriment to a guys libido??
:dunno:

Unless it is related to increased testosterone levels I dunno. Anyways, I'll take it!

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
philly said:
hahaha, OMFG. Yeah right, finasteride is good for your body.

Mad_Jasper, just wait another 6 months. Your erections will slowly get weaker. Your libido will also slowly drop. Moreover, you will get depressed more easily. You'll get the shrunken penis/balls side. You'll get the 'no motivation' side. You'll slowly get brain fog and have more difficulty learning things.

Welcome to the world of finasteride users!

Oh stfu I've been on finasteride for 8 Months and this is ALL Bullshit.

I bang out chicks like no tomorrow ON finasteride. :agree:

No way in hell am I depressed nor has my libido dropped.

I got absolutely NO Sides from finasteride. (knock on wood).

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
philly said:

Mad_Jasper, just wait another 6 months. Your erections will slowly get weaker. Your libido will also slowly drop. Moreover, you will get depressed more easily. You'll get the shrunken penis/balls side. You'll get the 'no motivation' side. You'll slowly get brain fog and have more difficulty learning things.

I could stand to lose an inch or so of penis.... and my balls are the size of grapefruits anyway.

:moon:

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
Mad_Jasper said:
philly said:

I could stand to lose an inch or so of penis.... and my balls are the size of grapefruits anyway.

:moon:
lucky lol

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
that's a bit negative philly - despite what these forums might lead you to believe there are thousands of people out there using finasteride without any sides to speak of... yes there are those who get sides, i don't think anyone would dispute that, but equally there are plenty who just... don't...

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Side effects for most people are rarely noticed, and is well tolerated by most people. I only felt fatigued for a couple days a month into treatment but no problems later. However some people have adverse symtoms, but they are few.

bugsboym

Reaction score
Sorry, maybe it is off topic, but i want to write. I use a Propecia and it is really help to me. Ho use Propecia too?

Mad_Jasper

Reaction score
bugsboym said:
Sorry, maybe it is off topic, but i want to write. I use a Propecia and it is really help to me. Ho use Propecia too?

Your Ho use Propecia too? I thought Propecia for men only.

:smack: