tsiroutraW story with pics inside [8 month UPDATE pics]

tsiroutraw

Reaction score
>.< i wrote a more detailed story about my hair loss and site bugged and everything was lost. Briefly, im 20 y/o started to lose hair at 18 mostly in frontal area. May 1st 2011 started to apply 1.5ml of 5% minoxidil each night on the frontal area.
Have seen some progress in this little span of time, tell me what you think guys.

Here are some pics

First two are April 2010

April 2011

June 3rd, a little more than a month in

Today, almost 2.5 months in

6 MONTH UPDATE
http://postimage.org/image/aqu73m0br/
http://postimage.org/image/9j5lsqgjn/
ALMOST 8 MONTH UPDATE, STARTING 0.25 finasteride, READ MY POST AT PAGE 2

dboy

Reaction score
Re: tsiroutraW story with pics inside

Not bad in such short time....what brand of minoxidil...any side effects...you dont put on any part of your scalp besides front?

jjchin

Reaction score

the last few pics sure showed a regrowth and thickening! Threads I have read tell me it's normally quite hard to get a regrowth on your frontal area.
keep it up!

tsiroutraw

Reaction score

I use 5% kirlkand minoxidil liquid form, apply it each night. yes i only apply it on frontal area and mid scalp, not on the vertex but when i apply it i feel a few drops run down to my vertex sometimes so i guess it gets some too.

Got some sides when started, felt like its heavier in my chest and harder to breath for a while. I still get it sometimes but a much lesser version of it. Its 100% tolerable, especially if you apply it before sleeping.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Amazing regrowth. I wish I had started when I was still 20, I might have maintained a NW0-ish hairline.

You may need to add an anti-androgen like finasteride later, but if minoxidil is doing the job then just let it for now.

tsiroutraw

Reaction score

Little quick update, been a little more than 3 months, hair is even better!

However, the other day i got curious about minoxidil side effects and found this website http://www.publichealthforums.com/h-33-minoxidil.html with horrible stories about minoxidil and i am really afraid now. I dont want to age faster and have wrinkes. are those posts some fake bullshit or it really is a lonbterm minoxidil side effect?

I will post picture update very soon, results are very so far good imo.

NuckyThompson

Reaction score

I really wouldn't pay much attention to those things: Do you know how many horror stories there are on the internet about common stuff like aspirin? or even tap water?

Just keep on applying and don't get trapped in any self-fulfilling prophecies.
:)

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Amazing results! Can this be posted in the Succes Stories section? One of the best hairline regrowths I've seen! And so soon as well! :woot:

tsiroutraw

Reaction score
Re: tsiroutraW story with pics inside [6 month UPDATE pics]

Ok so 6 month update! Honestly considering i just use 1-1.5 ml minoxidil a day and miss aplications sometimes i think it is a great success so far!

My overall thickness is much better and also the hairline a little bit. However, i think adding finasteride will improve hairline for sure as i have a lot of little hairs on hairline and temples that never grow longer than they already are.

Here ive took 2 pics.
http://postimage.org/image/aqu73m0br/
http://postimage.org/image/9j5lsqgjn/

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Your before pics look a lot like how my hair was when beginning treathment. You may have amazing success now, but remember that the balding progress isn't stopped with minoxidil alone.

Consider using Finasteride also, to maintain the hair you have now. Would be such a waste if you let this success go...

tsiroutraw

Reaction score

Yeah i know, i am really considering to get finasteride. however ive been at 2 doctors and they refused to give me a prescription. Any tips on what to say to get one?
If i get it i might just start maybe 0.25 mg a day or every 2, i dont think right now i need any more than that. Also, considering that 1mg is supposed to inhibit as much as 0.25 so why take more.

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score

Out of interest, what were there reasons for not prescribing it to you?

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score

Out of interest, what were there reasons for not prescribing it to you?

If you really want it then just get it yourself off the internet from one of the many reputable pharmacies that sell it

tsiroutraw

Reaction score

They say it is not for hairloss bla bla bla...very dangerous drug...bla bla bla. And i dont think you can buy it from internet in Canada. Companies do not deliver prescription drugs because of drug laws.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah, heard about the Canada situation and drugs... Well, you can always try to go to another derm. Maybe tell a lie, like that prostate cancer runs high in your family and you're concerned about the situation?

tsiroutraw

Reaction score

I am also considering to try a topical DHT blocker maybe? Like for now hair is fine, i think if a topical will do at least some DHT blocking it would help my condition for sure.

Any suggestions with topical DHT blockers? i am really ignorant about those ones

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

try to visit a hair transplant Doctor in your area for a prescription. you said you live in canada so visit dr. rahal or dr's hasson and wong if they are close. They will most likely give you a prescription and it might end up even being free. call them ahead of time to make sure

tsiroutraw

Reaction score

ALMOST 8 MONTH UPDATE

Ok so here i have 4 pics from december 22nd!

Things were pretty stable with minoxidil, 1-1.5ml a night as usual.
Occasional side effect of slower heart rate, especially if i go to bed right after. If i stay active i never feel it

Finally i decided to get a finasteride prescription and to try it out!
I got really lucky a doctor gave it to me just like that after failing like 3 times with other docs.

I went to my mother's Doctor and first i complained like oh i have a wrist pain for 3 months bla bla bla i need a scan ( i actually have a problem with my left wrist near my thumb, probably mishandled a weight at the gym and hurt something).
Then in the end she asks me if have something else to tell, so im like oh by the way i dont want to buy finasteride from internet anymore could you please give me a prescription. On the spot, here you go 1 mg finasteride for 12 months.

So last thursday, the 22nd i popped my first finasteride pill, i am actually taking 0.25 per day. I have read somewhere that the difference in dht inhibition is not that great between small doses such as 0.25mg and 1mg. As a result, i still may see improvement and maybe less sides for finasteride.

The finasteride

As expected with finasteride, i already feel some sides. After the first dose that i took thursday night, ive felt much less horny at work on friday. I work with a lot of girls, and it is really easy for me to know if get sides from finasteride or not lol.

I am still able to have sex/masturbate multiple times a day, i am actually doing it on purpose to see if finasteride affects me too much.

I have noticed a little reduction in semen production for sure. Sometimes, a little balls ache, very minor, maybe 10 minutes mild barely noticeable pain.

I think my body will adapt to that dose, as of last 2-3 days i felt much hornier than the first days that i took finasteride.

Do you think 0.25 would be enough to make any difference? I might try to increase to 0.5 if i see no effect after a couple of months. The thing is i am buying brand finasteride and its expensive. If i take 0.25, 30 propecia pills (66$) are good for 120 days. 0.5 would cost me 122$ for the same amount of time, and 1 mg per day would cost 244$. Also, lesser dose probably means less sides.

What do you think guys?

Nuggz

Reaction score
Hey tsiroutraw,

I am not 100% sure, but I believe .25mg and even .50mg will not be enough dosage to do much effect. Please don't quote me on that, but this is just from reading the forum and research. I could be wrong though.

As far as prices goes, you can find some reliable websites that sell finpecia at reasonable prices; I myself went with Inhouse and I was able to obtain 18 strips (180x1mg pills) close to $90 shipped, most sites almost offer about the same prices. Took about 2-3 weeks to arrive to the U.S.

I would consider generic to save you money. I started finpecia 11 days ago, and so far I plan to stick it out until the side effects show up. Rogaine has been working for me, I think, You can find my story and my 2 month update pics. I plan to post again around the 4 month mark, to hopefully see noticeable differences.

Good Luck and keep us posted!