tsiroutraW story with pics inside [8 month UPDATE pics]

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: tsiroutraW story with pics inside [6 month UPDATE pics]

tsiroutraw said:
ALMOST 8 MONTH UPDATE
Do you think 0.25 would be enough to make any difference? I might try to increase to 0.5 if i see no effect after a couple of months. The thing is i am buying brand finasteride and its expensive. If i take 0.25, 30 propecia pills (66$) are good for 120 days. 0.5 would cost me 122$ for the same amount of time, and 1 mg per day would cost 244$. Also, lesser dose probably means less sides.

What do you think guys?

It should be enough at least according to research data, even 0.05mg should have nearly same dht reduce rate as 1mg. Unfortunately I'm too lazy to find that graph now but I'm sure you can find it easily on google. At least I'm counting on those studies because I just started finasteride with 0.5mg dosage and going to take that at least for next 7 months.

K

kehcorpz

Re: tsiroutraW story with pics inside

It's true that Minoxidil is scientifically proven to inhibit collagen. However, I think it becomes a problem when you do not follow dosing guidelines. I used Minoxidil for quite some time and only really noticed bad wrinkles when I changed to Rogaine Foam. The problem is that foam required me to use a full cap in the morning and at night due to how hard it was to apply. This is the equivalent to 4ml. My wrinkles got really bad. I'm only 30 and I had severely deep wrinkles on my forehead and people were saying i looked really old. All my life I had been told I look way younger than my age. In fact my whole family looks young. Within 6 months of starting the rogaine foam I aged severely and pictures showed it and people noticed. My mom is in her 60s and very faint wrinkles on her forehead you only notice way up close she has very young skin. About 8 months ago I cut back to only 1 cap at night. I noticed the wrinkling decreased and the dark circles under my eyes got lighter. 2 months back I decided to cut back to 1/2 a cap at night and use maybe 1/4th a cap for the frontal area in the morning. My skin has still not come back to what it was prior to the foam but I definitely see a huge difference and people are saying im looking healthier. I honestly looked like an old man previously, now I am starting to look more my age. I've also started melting the foam to liquid by putting the cap in hot water and using a dropper. This way I know i'm not exceeding the 1ml recommendation. I think like with any drug if you do not follow the directions you will be sorry. Dosage guidelines are there to prevent side effects but give you most effectiveness.

tsiroutraw said:
Little quick update, been a little more than 3 months, hair is even better!

However, the other day i got curious about minoxidil side effects and found this website http://www.publichealthforums.com/h-33-minoxidil.html with horrible stories about minoxidil and i am really afraid now. I dont want to age faster and have wrinkes. are those posts some fake bullshit or it really is a lonbterm minoxidil side effect?

I will post picture update very soon, results are very so far good imo.

tsiroutraw

Reaction score
Re: tsiroutraW story with pics inside

kehcorpz said:
It's true that Minoxidil is scientifically proven to inhibit collagen. However, I think it becomes a problem when you do not follow dosing guidelines. I used Minoxidil for quite some time and only really noticed bad wrinkles when I changed to Rogaine Foam. The problem is that foam required me to use a full cap in the morning and at night due to how hard it was to apply. This is the equivalent to 4ml. My wrinkles got really bad. I'm only 30 and I had severely deep wrinkles on my forehead and people were saying i looked really old. All my life I had been told I look way younger than my age. In fact my whole family looks young. Within 6 months of starting the rogaine foam I aged severely and pictures showed it and people noticed. My mom is in her 60s and very faint wrinkles on her forehead you only notice way up close she has very young skin. About 8 months ago I cut back to only 1 cap at night. I noticed the wrinkling decreased and the dark circles under my eyes got lighter. 2 months back I decided to cut back to 1/2 a cap at night and use maybe 1/4th a cap for the frontal area in the morning. My skin has still not come back to what it was prior to the foam but I definitely see a huge difference and people are saying im looking healthier. I honestly looked like an old man previously, now I am starting to look more my age. I've also started melting the foam to liquid by putting the cap in hot water and using a dropper. This way I know i'm not exceeding the 1ml recommendation. I think like with any drug if you do not follow the directions you will be sorry. Dosage guidelines are there to prevent side effects but give you most effectiveness.

tsiroutraw said:
Little quick update, been a little more than 3 months, hair is even better!

However, the other day i got curious about minoxidil side effects and found this website http://www.publichealthforums.com/h-33-minoxidil.html with horrible stories about minoxidil and i am really afraid now. I dont want to age faster and have wrinkes. are those posts some fake bullshit or it really is a lonbterm minoxidil side effect?

I will post picture update very soon, results are very so far good imo.

Well, i have heard that foam has higher side effects than liquid, especially because people put more of it. Personnally, im much less worried about minoxidil these days, been 8 months of usage and i dont see anymore or anyless wrinkles on my face .

One thing i know, i have a fast metabolism and maybe that is why my skin recovers fast. Sometimes when i go to bed i have wrinkles from laughing and other face expressions, then i wake up and have nothing (this occured pre minoxidil also). One thing that definitively contributes for skin health is exercise. Sweating is very good for skin.

If you have issues with wrinkles from minoxidil, try to switch to liquid and also exercice more, contributes for general health and good appearance.

BTW, been like 17 days that im taking .25 finasteride and its not bad so far, i feel less scalp itch. I know i will not see any results from finasteride earlier than 3-4 month mark so i will keep on taking it. Side effects are so far minimal, less horny and less jizz.

K

kehcorpz

Yah I think the liquid version of foam is working for me since I'm sticking with 1 ml. It's also possible that it was sinking into my finger under my nail and into my blood stream. Now that I use a dropper my finger is not involved.

I wouldn't expect results in 3-4 months. That's what I expected and was disappointed. Basically that only applies to the extremely good responders. I would aim for 8-12 months and if you get quicker results then treat it as a nice surprise. This way you're not waiting for what could possibly be a disappointment.

tsiroutraw

Reaction score
Just want to report something, shedding increased over the last few days from around 50 hairs/day when i was on minoxidil, to 100+/day, i think i must ride this shed out. However, since i started treatments it is the first time i have a major shed like this. On minoxidil i had occasional sheds but they were lesser.