Trying Emu Oil, Monoxidil, Dmso Estriol Blend

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
It isnt my combo, i read it on the forum and lyn had said to add the emu oil of 1ml to a few drops of the solution, i think around 4 drops. But i am a little confused and just wanted clarification.

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't used your combo, so this is an opinion rather than advice. If I were you I'd do the estriol dissolved in ethanol as the solution by itself and the emu oil separately, just because of absorption. But I don't understand the mechanics behind adding distilled water to the estriol/ethanol mixture. I'd do it separately because I'd be worried about the emu oil acting as a barrier.
Ok maybe you are correct, although it conflicts with the original procedure as given by Lyn where the emu is mixed in with the estriol.
So I have tried this and I must be doing something wrong, because the emu oil is very thick and sticky, when I measure out 1 ml to put in a separate cup, then take around 4 drops of the estriol mix to mix it in, I can't get it into a dropper due to the thickness of the oil I guess. Or rather I get it in but it doesn't come out smoothly. And then the oil or mixture stays inside the dropper very sticky and doesn't wash out well.
So maybe you are right to first put 4 drops throughout of the estriol solution and then massage in same areas the emu oil? Would it have same effect? Or what am I doing wrong?? I not very clever with this obviously.
I have no idea about dilution of the estriol. The pharmacist also on his own diluted 100mg of estriol with 50ml ethanol and then filled to 100ml with distilled water, so is the same as what Lyn had suggested.
If this doesn't work, I am considering the drastic route of transplant.........

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok maybe you are correct, although it conflicts with the original procedure as given by Lyn where the emu is mixed in with the estriol.
So I have tried this and I must be doing something wrong, because the emu oil is very thick and sticky, when I measure out 1 ml to put in a separate cup, then take around 4 drops of the estriol mix to mix it in, I can't get it into a dropper due to the thickness of the oil I guess. Or rather I get it in but it doesn't come out smoothly. And then the oil or mixture stays inside the dropper very sticky and doesn't wash out well.
So maybe you are right to first put 4 drops throughout of the estriol solution and then massage in same areas the emu oil? Would it have same effect? Or what am I doing wrong?? I not very clever with this obviously.
I have no idea about dilution of the estriol. The pharmacist also on his own diluted 100mg of estriol with 50ml ethanol and then filled to 100ml with distilled water, so is the same as what Lyn had suggested.
If this doesn't work, I am considering the drastic route of transplant.........
I'd do the emu oil separately. I'd give the estriol tines to absorb and then put on the emu oil. If you are doing multiple dosages a day wash your scalp beforehand because the oil will act as a barrier.

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd do the emu oil separately. I'd give the estriol tines to absorb and then put on the emu oil. If you are doing multiple dosages a day wash your scalp beforehand because the oil will act as a barrier.
Thanks. I was able last night to make a decent mixture of the oil and estriol solution. I am only doing once/day at night because i dont want to overdo the estriol, only to use 4 drops. The emu oil is so gooey so i will only use at night to wash out in the mornings. I dont know if there is a special advantage to mix them together or if it the same applying separately (which would be a lot less complicated for me). This is a nightmare.

i wonder if you or anyone knows how to take the magnified photos that lyn had taken to show the hairs or roots and therefore see the density. Do i need a special camera for that?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I was able last night to make a decent mixture of the oil and estriol solution. I am only doing once/day at night because i dont want to overdo the estriol, only to use 4 drops. The emu oil is so gooey so i will only use at night to wash out in the mornings. I dont know if there is a special advantage to mix them together or if it the same applying separately (which would be a lot less complicated for me). This is a nightmare.

i wonder if you or anyone knows how to take the magnified photos that lyn had taken to show the hairs or roots and therefore see the density. Do i need a special camera for that?
For the pictures, you need a microscope camera like this:

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am putting now the estriol solution snd emu oil at night and just a couple drops the estriol in the mirnings after shampoo. Because emu oil too greasy for the daytime. I hope that is ok

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
So now I have the microscope and I would appreciate any help in reading from it. I see some red areas in some parts, does this indicate inflamation? What are the small white like bulbs that I notice? Can anyone help me read or diagnosis from the photos? I think my scalp is inflamed in the area of hair loss.........

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So now I have the microscope and I would appreciate any help in reading from it. I see some red areas in some parts, does this indicate inflamation? What are the small white like bulbs that I notice? Can anyone help me read or diagnosis from the photos? I think my scalp is inflamed in the area of hair loss.........
Others might be better able to help if you shared (use the image icon to upload) some of your microscopic images here. Choose the photos that most clearly show the red areas and bulbs you want help diagnosing.

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Others might be better able to help if you shared (use the image icon to upload) some of your microscopic images here. Choose the photos that most clearly show the red areas and bulbs you want help diagnosing.
Thanks very much, I have the microscope, I don't even know I am using it correctly. At any rate, what concerns me is my center front hairline and especially right temple area. I notice I have red spots from the microscope so I imagine that must be inflamation, I started using today a ketazoncale and anti-inflammatory shampoo. I am worried I may have frontal fibrosing alopecia, although a biopsy was done about 2 yrs ago which came out negative for that. Anyway, here are some slides from the front and temple area, I don't see any new hairs? Does anyone know what the white spots are? My hair would be growing in white now for a good part. I appreciate any feedback. Here is another photo:

Attachments

• IMG_8290.JPG
    IMG_8290.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_8291.JPG
    IMG_8291.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_8289.JPG
    IMG_8289.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_8270.JPG
    IMG_8270.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_8272.JPG
    IMG_8272.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 156

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to upload more images but now am having problems, there seems to be a lot of inflammation. I don't see new hairs, like were shown in Lyn's photos. I have been using emu/estriol now for about 2 weeks. To be honest, I am not even sure I using it correctly, when I put 1ml of emu and 4 drops of estriol, when I get it back into the dropper, I have trouble getting it out again for some reason, maybe too sticky?. And the amount is very little, I can only put a few drops on front hairline. Also I am doing this at night, and in mornings just putting a couple drops of the estriol alone in front. I also don't know if it's too much and I should just do the night routine.

Attachments

• IMG_8315.JPG
    IMG_8315.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_8286.JPG
    IMG_8286.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_8297.JPG
    IMG_8297.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_8307.JPG
    IMG_8307.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_8300.JPG
    IMG_8300.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_8312.JPG
    IMG_8312.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks very much, I have the microscope, I don't even know I am using it correctly. At any rate, what concerns me is my center front hairline and especially right temple area. I notice I have red spots from the microscope so I imagine that must be inflamation, I started using today a ketazoncale and anti-inflammatory shampoo. I am worried I may have frontal fibrosing alopecia, although a biopsy was done about 2 yrs ago which came out negative for that. Anyway, here are some slides from the front and temple area, I don't see any new hairs? Does anyone know what the white spots are? My hair would be growing in white now for a good part. I appreciate any feedback. Here is another photo:
The white bulb surrounding the hair follicle is likely follicular scale.
Red surrounding follicle is quite possibly inflammation of the hair follicle itself.
Do you have any itching, stinging or burning in any area/s of your scalp or eyebrows?

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
The white bulb surrounding the hair follicle is likely follicular scale.
Red surrounding follicle is quite possibly inflammation of the hair follicle itself.
Do you have any itching, stinging or burning in any area/s of your scalp or eyebrows?
thank you for responding. I have occasional slight itching of scalp but not in front, more on the top back of the head. No stinging no burning and nothing on eyebrows. I will keep using the estriol and emu treatment and hope For the best. I read dr hollick article about emu where he said front is hardest area for regrowth but with emu there is possibility.

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if i have frontal fibrosing alopecia, i was told two yrs ago by dr Donovan in Canada that i do not b/c my back scalp had inflammation as well but my hair is good there, and a biopsy of my front scalp came back negative for that but both were done about 2 yrs ago. If the emu treatment doesnt work i was considering a transplant but if i have FFA that i dont believe it will take. Such a dilemna.