Trying Emu Oil, Monoxidil, Dmso Estriol Blend

Lyn_from_UK

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, Glad you are seeing good results with Estriol.

I beg to differ on the advice re keeping all pets away from this hormone by unintended means such as licking your skin where the Estriol has been applied. I speak from personal experience and I made my beloved little pal very ill. It took months to recover once I became aware of the sudden changes, particularly in her genitalia. She was itching, licking herself there to the point of injuring herself. Only my vet made the link, asking me direct if any women in my house were using topical HRT. When the penny dropped, I was mortified. At the time, only Estriol was being used, not the other 2 main Estrogens. She licked me wherever she could (the dog, not the Vet) as she sniffed the Emu oil - dogs are nuts about the smell and taste of it. It doesn't take much effort to keep them away from it, and I would say, why not err on the side of caution ?

An update - I did get great satisfaction from this method, and I recently was able to take my improved hairline for a full surgical scalp advancement. I now have the hairline shape and pattern I want, I would not have had as good results without the extra hair the Estriol/Emu oil granted me.

I'll photograph in due course, still all sutures and gore right now

sorenso

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not copy me. For information only.

I have general overall thinning from 15 years of impossible stress and I wished to try to thicken my scalp hair up, I also have modest recession at the frontal area.

Emu Oil, Minoxidil and the type of Estrogen called Estriol all have some part to play in scalp hair improvement. I decided to make a blend of all 3. I had to use DMSO as a solvent for the base hormone Estriol, which is otherwise rather difficult to dissolve.

Web research of home-brew attempts, showed the use of DMSO as a Minoxidil penetration enhancer was anecdotally causing terrible headaches in many, which was taken as a warning signal and caused many to give up. So I wanted to back off on the amount of DMSO I used in my own solution - I used DMSO for years, DMSO is an incredibly powerful skin penetrator/drug vehicle and only a small amount is actually ever needed.

I only use a few drops of the concentrated Estriol base-hormone/DMSO solution mixed into the 1mL of Kirkland Minoxidil and equal volume of pure Emu oil. 4 drops, supplying 4mg of Estriol per session.

I always mix the final blend fresh, just before use, in a cleaned egg cup. I dropper a couple of drops all over my scalp, massaging in. It does absorb impressively fast.

A week in, no headaches. I'll report back in due course if any hairs rise from the sleep. I never used Minoxidil or any other substance on my scalp hair before this test btw.

Do not copy me. It could cause problems, who knows, so just read for now, please.
Hi
I am glad to see the effect on your scalp and congratulation to you.
I searched for Estriol, it sold in mg, so I want to ask you the exact amount of Estriol, the exact amount of DMSO in ml and pure Emo oil and etc.
like this ( 1 mg Estriol+1 ml DMSO + 1 ml pure Emo oil + etc. ).
we all are not from same language, so we may misinterpret something and call calamity on our scalp.
thank you dear

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
An interesting update - this mix is darkening the natural hair colour by around 3 shades (just the hairs that still have color - not the white hairs). I think it's the optical effect of the hair shafts being saturated with oil (Emu Oil and DMSO penetrate 'everything'). I guess it could all be washed out after a few days of avoidance, but that seems nuts as this is working and I use it at least once a day, every day.

Just for info - if you were blond, get used to being a brunette ;-)
How is your hair now? Mine is frontal and temple areas, the rest is pretty good. I was even considering a transplant but if this works would rather try this. Where do you get the estriol, is it via prescription only?

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like massive results to me, congratulations.

What's the exact formulation of your topical now?
It looks amazing. I want to do this, please can you give exact formula you are using with measures etc. these are my fotos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 189

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Lyn_from_UK , this was an impressive thread and very well documented!!
Any chance you'll have time to do a progress update post-surgery?
Hello have you received the exact formula, i want to try this. I live out of the US and dont know if i can purchase estriol, does it come in pill form, how mych dsmo is applied to how many pills to dissolve it, do you know?

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice progress. I too am on estriol, but ten times the dosage. People are really sleeping on this as a treatment.

As for the concern with pets, estriol is a very weak estrogen, and it's prescribed to dogs in higher doses than they would get from licking your pillow. I can't imagine it causing any problems for them unless you let them drink the bottle. It's great for hair growth, but the systemic effects are not much as it has low potency and little affinity for estrogen receptor alpha. Minoxidil is far more dangerous, especially to cats.
Hello can you tell me the estirol dosage lyn used for her formula, i cannot find it. Thank you.

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello can you tell me the dosage of estirol lyn used in her formula, i cannot locate it. I appreciate it. Thank you

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello can you tell me the dosage of estirol lyn used in her formula, i cannot locate it. I appreciate it. Thank you
"I only use a few drops of the concentrated Estriol base-hormone/DMSO solution mixed into the 1mL of Kirkland Minoxidil and equal volume of pure Emu oil. 4 drops, supplying 4mg of Estriol per session."

.4%

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
I am glad to see the effect on your scalp and congratulation to you.
I searched for Estriol, it sold in mg, so I want to ask you the exact amount of Estriol, the exact amount of DMSO in ml and pure Emo oil and etc.
like this ( 1 mg Estriol+1 ml DMSO + 1 ml pure Emo oil + etc. ).
we all are not from same language, so we may misinterpret something and call calamity on our scalp.
thank you dear

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
"I only use a few drops of the concentrated Estriol base-hormone/DMSO solution mixed into the 1mL of Kirkland Minoxidil and equal volume of pure Emu oil. 4 drops, supplying 4mg of Estriol per session."

.4%
Oh thank you. But to understand better what exactly is purchased, i see it comes in creams and powder, what should i ask for, do you have that info? Estirol how many mg? I really appreciate it, i am anxious to try this.

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
I live out of the US and its very difficult if not impossible to find products here so i want to order them online. I wonder if u could help if you know the exact product and specs of each, estirol, and minoxidal. Is for instance the minoxidal 2 or 5%? The estirol is 4mg, powder or capsules? I really appreciate it. I wrote to lyn but dont know if she still checking in here. Thanks very much.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice progress. I too am on estriol, but ten times the dosage. People are really sleeping on this as a treatment.

As for the concern with pets, estriol is a very weak estrogen, and it's prescribed to dogs in higher doses than they would get from licking your pillow. I can't imagine it causing any problems for them unless you let them drink the bottle. It's great for hair growth, but the systemic effects are not much as it has low potency and little affinity for estrogen receptor alpha. Minoxidil is far more dangerous, especially to cats.

What is your age and biological gender? Estriol has been on my radar, but haven't pulled the trigger on adding it to my stack due to being worried about feminization of any kind. I'm very happy with how I look from my hairline down, so literally any side which alters physical appearance is a no go for me. I swapped off oral minoxidil and oral finasteride because I noticed I wasn't able to eat like a pig and still have a flat stomach like I had before adding those. I dropped 20 pounds of water weight within a month of the swap. I probably should have added something to my stack to counter water retention. (This was an issue at 10mg 2x a day, wasn't an issue with 5mg once a day).

I'm likely just being overly paranoid, so feedback from a biological male on this would be greatly appreciated.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your age and biological gender? Estriol has been on my radar, but haven't pulled the trigger on adding it to my stack due to being worried about feminization of any kind. I'm very happy with how I look from my hairline down, so literally any side which alters physical appearance is a no go for me. I swapped off oral minoxidil and oral finasteride because I noticed I wasn't able to eat like a pig and still have a flat stomach like I had before adding those. I dropped 20 pounds of water weight within a month of the swap. I probably should have added something to my stack to counter water retention. (This was an issue at 10mg 2x a day, wasn't an issue with 5mg once a day).

I'm likely just being overly paranoid, so feedback from a biological male on this would be greatly appreciated.
I'm cis male. I've heard some reports of guys getting sides at high doses, but 10-10mg/day the risk is low.

When I was on OM I used eplerenone also, and that took care of the water retention.

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello i would like to know if you have been able to get measures of ingredients. I have now emu oil and dmso but dont know exactly what and where to order the estirol. Can u provide me the info if u have obtained it? Tks very much. Sandra

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not copy me. For information only.

I have general overall thinning from 15 years of impossible stress and I wished to try to thicken my scalp hair up, I also have modest recession at the frontal area.

Emu Oil, Minoxidil and the type of Estrogen called Estriol all have some part to play in scalp hair improvement. I decided to make a blend of all 3. I had to use DMSO as a solvent for the base hormone Estriol, which is otherwise rather difficult to dissolve.

Web research of home-brew attempts, showed the use of DMSO as a Minoxidil penetration enhancer was anecdotally causing terrible headaches in many, which was taken as a warning signal and caused many to give up. So I wanted to back off on the amount of DMSO I used in my own solution - I used DMSO for years, DMSO is an incredibly powerful skin penetrator/drug vehicle and only a small amount is actually ever needed.

I only use a few drops of the concentrated Estriol base-hormone/DMSO solution mixed into the 1mL of Kirkland Minoxidil and equal volume of pure Emu oil. 4 drops, supplying 4mg of Estriol per session.

I always mix the final blend fresh, just before use, in a cleaned egg cup. I dropper a couple of drops all over my scalp, massaging in. It does absorb impressively fast.

A week in, no headaches. I'll report back in due course if any hairs rise from the sleep. I never used Minoxidil or any other substance on my scalp hair before this test btw.

Do not copy me. It could cause problems, who knows, so just read for now, please.
Lyn, I am curious why you had a surgical procedure if the formula above was working so well, from the photos your hairline looked ideal. Can you give an update how you are now. I was considering a transplant to correct the loss I have in the center front and temple areas but am very concerned about shock loss. I have a good donor area in that my loss is confined to the front but am still concerned it could become worse. Thank you.......

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh thank you. But to understand better what exactly is purchased, i see it comes in creams and powder, what should i ask for, do you have that info? Estirol how many mg? I really appreciate it, i am anxious to try this.
Ok, I am going to try once more here haha......I now have the estriol/ethanol/distilled water solution base. I also have emu oil. I decided to try to just use this and not the minioxil.
So if someone can confirm if I do it like this, which is what I understand? I take around 4 drops of the estriol solution each application, put in clean cup. I mix it with 1 ml of the emu oil. And apply. Does this sound correct?
I will start this tomorrow, so if I am not doing it correctly, please can someone advise me!!! Thank you so much. Want to give anything a try!

Rolo33

My Regimen
Reaction score

.4%
Hi again Pegasus2: No one seems to respond to me, but I am going to proceed with this. I just want to know if you can confirm, I have the estriol dissolved in ethanol and mixed with distilled water, if this also would be mixed with 1ml of emu oil, or if just the estriol solution is applied alone? I want to start this this evening so I hope you or someone answers!!!! Thank you, Sandra

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi again Pegasus2: No one seems to respond to me, but I am going to proceed with this. I just want to know if you can confirm, I have the estriol dissolved in ethanol and mixed with distilled water, if this also would be mixed with 1ml of emu oil, or if just the estriol solution is applied alone? I want to start this this evening so I hope you or someone answers!!!! Thank you, Sandra
I haven't used your combo, so this is an opinion rather than advice. If I were you I'd do the estriol dissolved in ethanol as the solution by itself and the emu oil separately, just because of absorption. But I don't understand the mechanics behind adding distilled water to the estriol/ethanol mixture. I'd do it separately because I'd be worried about the emu oil acting as a barrier.