Tried Propecia, Rogaine Foam, Tricomin, Prox, Nizoral, Topical Spironolactone

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Tried them all! finasteride, foam, Tricomin, prox, nizoral, spironolactone

hairandaway said:
Hi Inland, just read the whole thread. Congrats on your continued success. Your hair looks great on your current regimen. J.Theodore is talking rubbish.

Similar to you, I recently dropped finasteride due to sides and after reading your story I'm going to add spironolactone and tricomin. Regarding the 6th month period it took to get over the finasteride sides, were you taking any medication/supplements to deal with the sides or did u just let your body fix your hormone levels by itself.

Thanks

Hey thanks. I was on a long list of counter active drugs while on finasteride, which all screwed me up (thats another long story). But yes, I was/am taking a few supplements to help with the sides, but no other meds!! I am still on this supplement regimen, and I believe it's part of the reason why I am now better off than I was before taking finasteride.

I take a good'n'natural multi vitamin and fish oil in the morning, and another set with dinner. I take a ZMA supplement before bed, which helps with sleep and naturally boosts testosterone. I also work out a lot, and take protein, creatine monohydrate, and L-glutamine supplements. A good diet, sleep, and workout regimen combined with these supplements has made a huge difference, and is now my way of life! I hope this helps and good luck with everything.

hairandaway

Reaction score

Thanks for the info Inland. Yeah I'm getting really concerned that my sides haven't gone yet. It seems that time, a change of lifestyle, healthy living and an exercise/supplement regimen help people best get over sides. Fingers crossed anyway. Keep up the good work.

dam

Reaction score

inland i have been using propecia for 12 yrs now i was receding fast when i was 22 i am now 36 and no doubt the propecia has kept most of my hair but has alway been receding while on propecia. i have just slowed it down by years witch makes me very happy. I too want to come off propecia i have never had any side effects what so ever. i am just looking for an extra punch in my routine to keep my hair longer or stimulate growth how do you apply your tricomin? do you spay it on the front hairline or all over your hair or just below your hairline and push it up towards the hairline, this is what i have been doing for a month now and i can see small baby hair in certain light. Also did you get a shed on Topical Spironolactone S5 Cream would this help maintain what hair i have, would i have to put it directly on the hairline to see results? I was also thinking rogain 5% foam and applying it just below my hairling and pushing it up just below my hairline i think that is what you did. i am kinda scared if i put rogain on my hairline i may shed it and never get it back thanks for reading my post you have inspired many people thanks.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score

hey dam... just curious, why stop propecia if you've been taking it 12 years with no negative effects? To answer your question, I just spray tricomin all over when my hair is damp after my nightly shower, and just rub it all in.

Looking back now, I have never had what many people on here call a shed. I just had a massive itch after stopping finasteride, which contributed to a small shed. And you should never worry about it, because a shed is a good thing when adding to your regimen. The hairs that fall out are going to come back stronger. Stopping a treatment that causes a shed is another story.

For you, I recommend staying on finasteride and tricomin, and adding minoxidil 5% to step it up a notch. Remember, patience is the key. That's awesome to hear that you've at least maintained (for the most part) for the past 14 years.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, I was going through some old pictures on my computer to see if I could find any shots of my hair. From the couple I found, it seems my hairloss got a head start before I even noticed.

Page 2 shows a comparison between 2006 and 2007, but these pictures are dated over a year before that! What do you think?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,648
  • bd002.jpg
    bd002.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,647

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score

inland said:
Hey guys, I was going through some old pictures on my computer to see if I could find any shots of my hair. From the couple I found, it seems my hairloss got a head start before I even noticed.

Page 2 shows a comparison between 2006 and 2007, but these pictures are dated over a year before that! What do you think?
not exactly sure what you were looking for in terms of an answer, but yeah, you had some recession and thinning. i've done the same, looking back on old photos of myself. it's crazy what you don't notice in the days before you become a hairline watcher...

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey Inland,

great maintenance/results. I feel like my hair is currently where yours was when you were 21. I'm 25 now. I'm thinking of adding spironolactone, tricomin, and nizoral. Where do you get your tricomin from?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score

helpmyhair said:
Hey Inland,

great maintenance/results. I feel like my hair is currently where yours was when you were 21. I'm 25 now. I'm thinking of adding spironolactone, tricomin, and nizoral. Where do you get your tricomin from?

Thanks... good regimen. why not minoxidil? I get my tricomin from amazon.com, it's really cheap there.

dam

Reaction score

Hi Inland Thanks so much for the reply, The reason i would like to come off propecia is me and my wife may try to have kids soon i just want to make sure this drug is out of my system. I went to the doctor and asked how long it took to leave the body, she told me she didnt know and to ask the phamasist
he told me it would be a couple of weeks. Would it be a good idea to grab spironolactone and do you apply that to all your hair or just the affected parts,? I have never used Nizorol what is the diffence between 1% and 2% and whats it do? Thanks Inland what great support here. did you ever use revivogen?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score

dam said:
Hi Inland Thanks so much for the reply, The reason i would like to come off propecia is me and my wife may try to have kids soon i just want to make sure this drug is out of my system. I went to the doctor and asked how long it took to leave the body, she told me she didnt know and to ask the phamasist
he told me it would be a couple of weeks. Would it be a good idea to grab spironolactone and do you apply that to all your hair or just the affected parts,? I have never used Nizorol what is the diffence between 1% and 2% and whats it do? Thanks Inland what great support here. did you ever use revivogen?

Look at this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10960&p=90649&hilit=kids#p90649
You can have kids while on finasteride with no issues. This was a common topic on here. You will be fine! Just dont let your wife handle the pills. This danger has also been refuted, but better to be safe than sorry.

I apply spironolactone very sparingly to thinner areas, thats it. There isn't much in the tub, so you have to use as little as possible. Nizoral 2% is what is recommended for male pattern baldness sufferers. It has anti sebum and anti inflammatory effects. Nizoral 1% is just a smaller concentration which obviously isn't as powerful. Currently I use 2% on Mon, 1% on Wed / Fri, and head+shoulders on Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun. Complicated, but saves $ and is very effective IMO.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

where do you get your 2% nizoral from?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score

flamingpie said:
where do you get your 2% nizoral from?

From Canada! I think my last order was from canadapharmacy.com. Any online canadian pharmacy should ship it.

I know most say "prescription required" but I just add it to cart and check out and that's it.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

awesome....right now im just using 1% nizoral 3 times a week. Do you think it would benefit me at all if i added nizoral 2% ?
Do you feel the one day a week of 2% has been working well for you?

JWM

Reaction score

HT55, you're the man. Cheers.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score

flamingpie said:
awesome....right now im just using 1% nizoral 3 times a week. Do you think it would benefit me at all if i added nizoral 2% ?
Do you feel the one day a week of 2% has been working well for you?

Can't say, because it's just shampoo, and at the most just provides a little help over the whole process. From what I heard, 2% is the way to go, because 1% isn't enough power. I can't record the results of any individual product because I use 4 concurrently.

SanDiegean

Reaction score

I just started using nizoral %2 but Im not really sure how to use it. Am I supposed to use it only twice a week and the rest of the days just rinse my hair with only water? Or should I use another shampoo for the rest of the days?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score

SanDiegean said:
I just started using nizoral %2 but Im not really sure how to use it. Am I supposed to use it only twice a week and the rest of the days just rinse my hair with only water? Or should I use another shampoo for the rest of the days?

nizoral does not interact with other products, so you can use whatever you want. You can even use regular shampoo / conditioner right after using nizoral.

Grandal

Reaction score

I was curious Inland why not use the Tricomin shampoo?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score

Grandal said:
I was curious Inland why not use the Tricomin shampoo?

It's very expensive and doesn't last long. I went through one bottle of it and thought to myself "why bother" every time. Also, I'm spraying it right on my damp hair right out of the shower.