cassin said:
I feel like I'm on acid right now.

Bryan are you serious?

HUH?? Why would I not be serious?? :dunno:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
No, I've never seen the Procyte one, either (I think BOTH were actually made by Procyte, but I know what you mean when you say that).

Okay, I found that material again, but I posted it so long ago that I forgot some important details: the trial done with humans wasn't using the same exact peptide that's in Tricomin, it was using another peptide (one which isn't as effective as the one in Tricomin). The one using Tricomin's peptide was done on mice (chapter 18). So here are all three chapters, copied from what I've posted in the past:

...They were published in the book "Dermatologic Research Techniques", CRC Press, 1996. They are three consecutive chapters in the book:

Chapter 16: "Phototrichogram Analysis of Hair Follicle Stimulation: A Pilot Clinical Study with a Peptide-Copper Complex" Ronald E. Trachy, Leonard M. Patt, Gordon M. Duncan, and Bernard Kalis. This was done on *human* subjects with male pattern baldness. Both total and anagen hair density increased significantly (anagen hair: +39%) with the larger topical dose of copper-peptide (glycyl-histidine-lysine-valine-phenyalanine-valine), especially when compared to total and anagen hair density LOSSES in the placebo-treated group.

Chapter 17: "Quantitative Assessment of Peptide-Copper Complex-Induced Hair Follicle Stimulation Using the Fuzzy Rat" Ronald E. Trachy, Hideo Uno, Shelley Packard, and Leonard M. Patt. This was done on rats. Copper peptides significantly stimulated hair growth, compared to vehicle.

Chapter 18: "Evaluation of Telogen Hair Follicle Stimulation Using an In Vivo Model: Results with peptide-Copper Complexes" Ronald E. Trachy, Erika D. Timpe, Irene Dunwiddie, and Leonard M. Patt. This was on mice. Copper peptides significantly stimulated hair growth in mice, compared to vehicle; it also exceeded the growth induced by 2% topical minoxidil, which was also tested.

powersam

Reaction score
Bryan said:
cassin said:

Bryan are you serious?

Because one would need to know the true percentage of ahk-cu in Tricomin to know how much they'd have to apply...

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
cassin said:

Bryan are you serious?

Well, cassin, I've been waiting now for over three full days, just to find out what it was I said that you apparently found so surprising! Now can you tell me??

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
cassin said:
Because you need to know how much is in it to achieve a specific goal just like any medical treatment.

So because there's some controversy over exactly how much of the peptide is in Tricomin, you said to me: "I feel like I'm on acid right now. Bryan are you serious?"?? :dunno:

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
cassin said:
Because you need to know how much is in it to achieve a specific goal just like any medical treatment.

So because there's some controversy over exactly how much of the peptide is in Tricomin, you said to me: "I feel like I'm on acid right now. Bryan are you serious?"?? :dunno:

I don't see how using more than one milimiter matters in this situation. I don't consider Triconim useless either.

But your response advising me that I can use more is odd. Use more of what? How do you know what to treat if you don't know what you're working with?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
cassin said:
I don't see how using more than one milimiter matters in this situation.

Using more Tricomin adds more of the active copper-peptide ingredient (AHK-Cu). It's a bit like how using more of the 2% version of Rogaine can increase its effect to the same as using 5% Rogaine.

cassin said:
But your response advising me that I can use more is odd. Use more of what?

More Tricomin, and its AHK peptide. Isn't that what we've been talking about? :dunno:

cassin said:
How do you know what to treat if you don't know what you're working with?

We're talking about male pattern baldness, aren't we?? Now YOU are confusing ME! I feel like I'm on acid right now. Cassin are you serious? :)

powersam

Reaction score
Bryan said:
cassin said:
I don't see how using more than one milimiter matters in this situation.

Using more Tricomin adds more of the active copper-peptide ingredient (AHK-Cu). It's a bit like how using more of the 2% version of Rogaine can increase its effect to the same as using 5% Rogaine.

cassin said:
But your response advising me that I can use more is odd. Use more of what?

More Tricomin, and its AHK peptide. Isn't that what we've been talking about? :dunno:

cassin said:
How do you know what to treat if you don't know what you're working with?

We're talking about male pattern baldness, aren't we?? Now YOU are confusing ME! I feel like I'm on acid right now. Cassin are you serious? :)

You are not confused, and this is not complicated. To know how much to use, one would need to know the percentage of Tricomin. This is not a difficult point to understand.

As we have no idea what percentage Tricomin is, we cannot simply 'use more'.

Nor would it be economically viable to 'use more' if tricomin is 0.25%.

Your position on this subject is very odd. Similar to your position on Proxiphen.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
powersam said:
You are not confused, and this is not complicated. To know how much to use, one would need to know the percentage of Tricomin. This is not a difficult point to understand.

I think we DO know how much of the peptide is in Tricomin. I can understand that you don't agree, though. I wish we could find out for sure what the true percentage is, something that will convince both of us.

powersam said:
Your position on this subject is very odd. Similar to your position on Proxiphen.

What do you think is so "odd" about my position on both of those issues?

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
powersam said:

I think we DO know how much of the peptide is in Tricomin. I can understand that you don't agree, though. I wish we could find out for sure what the true percentage is, something that will convince both of us.

powersam said:

What do you think is so "odd" about my position on both of those issues?
It contains .25! It was tested. How much proof do u need

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
israelite said:
It contains .25! It was tested. How much proof do u need

I don't think that's quite good enough! The "product manager" at ProCyte told us in plain English that it contains 1%. So whom do you believe, the product manager at ProCyte, or some unnamed source in the middle of nowhere? As I said in an earlier post in this thread, we need to confront the people at ProCyte, and tell them what was told to us by that other (unnamed) individual. We've got to try to figure out who is lying, and who is telling the truth.

Jacob

Reaction score
My post was about Bryan btw...saying 2%. It's over at HLH..as someone else pointed out. Could be here too.