Tricomin

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Proxiphen NANO Prox Proctor Bryan SPAM Shill garbage crap snake oil no evidence

Is that all you're going to say when I cite what may be the best available male pattern baldness treatment ever made? Something designed and produced by a doctor (both an MD and a PhD)? Where the hell did YOU go to medical school, to be able to have an opinion like what you wrote above? :dunno:

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan is a shill for Proctor and his products. He's been shill 'n spam'n the crap for 15+ years. There are plenty of doctors with hair loss products out there. With patents on their ingreds/products as well. In fact, one of those doctors..Dr. Lee..for all these years.. has been bashed and ridiculed and questioned by Bryan. Bryan wants us to just trust and believe Proctor because he's a Dr, but isn't consistent when it comes to other Drs. There is no evidence for Proctor's/Bryan's claims or wishes. Not only has Proctor not said which specific cu peptides are used, but he and Bryan also talk about "mysterious ingredients" that are not in the ingreds list(s). Snake-oil talk that is supposed to get you even more excited about the products. The same goes for their- "better bang for the buck" talk regarding getting the non-prescription products from places outside of Proctor's website. They want you to believe those cheaper versions are lite/watered-down...are you really going to purchase a lite/watered-down version of a product for something so difficult to treat as male pattern baldness? Buy the "more potent" crap directly from Proctor and he makes a bit more money. For all the reasons above..he should have been laughed out of these forums years ago.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72201

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
I think hairlosstalk should post a warning about tricomin and maybe even consider removing it from the online store, selling a 0.3% solution stating that it pasted phase II clinical trials is wery missleading when the trial was with 2.5%
I personally bout a couple of bottles based on those statements :thumbdown2:

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree.

It's great that this forum is well moderated to be consumer-only but it is dragged down by the utter sh*t flogged in that store and the misleading crap in the 'Get Your Treatments' guide.

Cassin

Reaction score
rick31 said:
I think hairlosstalk should post a warning about tricomin and maybe even consider removing it from the online store, selling a 0.3% solution stating that it pasted phase II clinical trials is wery missleading when the trial was with 2.5%
I personally bout a couple of bottles based on those statements :thumbdown2:
The people who claim that will have to back that up.

Personally I don't care as I've always felt like it was really only good for scalp health but ProCyte will be interested.

powersam

Reaction score
If they simply stated the percentage on the bottle, these things would not crop up. But then if they stated the percentage on the bottle, they'd be legally bound to actually have that percentage in the product.

Thing is, Procyte could be as 'interested' as they want in someone posting such, but they'd have to actually show the claim was false to then have any case in a law suit.

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
Thing is, Procyte could be as 'interested' as they want in someone posting such, but they'd have to actually show the claim was false to then have any case in a law suit.

Yeah and I doubt that procyte would be interested in a lawsuit that would reveal the true percentage of tricomin, they would have to motivate why they sell a blue due for 50 bucks :innocent:

powersam

Reaction score
cassin said:
I have the feeling we're talking about two different things...

We're talking about the percentage of ahk-cu in Tricomin, and I thought you were suggesting Procyte might get legal on someone saying it is 0.25% ?

Cassin

Reaction score
powersam said:
cassin said:
I have the feeling we're talking about two different things...

We're talking about the percentage of ahk-cu in Tricomin, and I thought you were suggesting Procyte might get legal on someone saying it is 0.25% ?

Yeah we're talking about different things.

We already know the CP's in Tricomin and Folligen and in the trials are completely different things.

If memory serves Dr Pickart stated the only compound out there thats close to what was used in the trials is the folligen Sun Lotion. But that was years ago and I am not sure what new products they have but you get the point.

Tricomin and Folligen are great for scalp health but I don't think its useful for anything else especially regrowth. Never have. I still use it sometimes. I might buy some folligen soon. I liked the Hair Signals last time I used it.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
cassin said:
We already know the CP's in Tricomin and Folligen and in the trials are completely different things.

You mean different quantities of the copper-peptide used in Tricomin??

cassin said:
Tricomin and Folligen are great for scalp health but I don't think its useful for anything else especially regrowth. Never have....

How do you explain the clinical trials which had increased regrowth?

powersam

Reaction score
Bryan said:

Do you have the full study available? Have you ever seen it?

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
cassin said:

You mean different quantities of the copper-peptide used in Tricomin??.

I am not sure what you're splitting hairs on. Where are you going with that?

Bryan said:
cassin said:
Tricomin and Folligen are great for scalp health but I don't think its useful for anything else especially regrowth. Never have....

Absolutely irrelevant to what is made available for purchase today. That's all I care about. What was used in the trials doesn't mean anything if you can't buy it today.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
powersam said:
Bryan said:

Sure! When I said "...clinical trials", I was referring specifically to TWO separate clinical trials; one of them is the familiar one that we all know about (Procyte's trial that used the two different potencies of the early version of Tricomin), and an earlier one with the same peptide that's used in Tricomin. I've quoted that second trial MANY TIMES over several years on various hairloss sites. Give me some time to find that again, and I'll post it again.

powersam

Reaction score
Bryan said:
powersam said:
Bryan said:

Sure! When I said "...clinical trials", I was referring specifically to TWO separate clinical trials; one of them is the familiar one that we all know about (Procyte's trial that used the two different potencies of the early version of Tricomin), and an earlier one with the same peptide that's used in Tricomin. I've quoted that second trial MANY TIMES over several years on various hairloss sites. Give me some time to find that again, and I'll post it again.

That'd be great. Do you have the Procyte one as well? I have searched far and wide for the full text but all I can find is various press releases about it.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
cassin said:
Bryan said:

I didn't understand what YOU meant, when you referred to the peptide in Tricomin being a "completely different thing". Can YOU explain? :)

cassin said:
Bryan said:

Absolutely irrelevant to what is made available for purchase today. That's all I care about. What was used in the trials doesn't mean anything if you can't buy it today.

Oh, you're one of those people who are convinved that the amount of the copper-peptide in Tricomin is completely inadequate? Okay, I gotcha! :)

You DO know, don't you, that you can use any quantity of Tricomin that you want? There's no law that says you can ONLY use one milliliter at a time! :)

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
cassin said:
Bryan said:

I didn't understand what YOU meant, when you referred to the peptide in Tricomin being a "completely different thing". Can YOU explain? :)

cassin said:
Bryan said:

Oh, you're one of those people who are convinved that the amount of the copper-peptide in Tricomin is completely inadequate? Okay, I gotcha! :)

You DO know, don't you, that you can use any quantity of Tricomin that you want? There's no law that says you can ONLY use one milliliter at a time! :)

I feel like I'm on acid right now.

Bryan are you serious?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
powersam said:
That'd be great. Do you have the Procyte one as well? I have searched far and wide for the full text but all I can find is various press releases about it.

No, I've never seen the Procyte one, either (I think BOTH were actually made by Procyte, but I know what you mean when you say that). I remember seeing an abstract posted way back on alt.baldspot, but that's it. Give me a little time to find the other one. It's pretty short, too, just a couple of sentences. I didn't have time to copy the entire CHAPTER from the book about that study! :)