Tricomin V Nanogaine V Prox-N

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Jojje said:
Do you get brown/green discoloration on the scalp like the cp serum ??
I haven't used CP serum so can't compare directly, but Prox-N certainly can gather round the base of hairs in little brown spots - not a good look for your hairline. Need to be careful with how much you apply overall & just dab any of these globules (I use a little finger - usually my own) to remove excess liquid. Of course if you use it once a day and apply at night then the morning shower should take care of all this.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Am gonna add prox n to my regimen. anyone use it exclusively?
Bryan did (or still does? Not sure). Twice a day, he either maintained well on it or perhaps had a wee bit of thickening. Can't remember which.

Twinned with an anti-androgen must be a more potent approach.

monty1978 said:
Slarti where the hell did you get that name from. Just curious
Parents. I'm surprised you don't recognize me from my starring role in Douglas Adams' world famous historical tome. I even have a Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slartibartfast

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Am gonna add prox n to my regimen. anyone use it exclusively?

Jojje what is it eactly that's workin 4 u?

Slarti where the hell did you get that name from. Just curious

I used the big 3 for a long time, with good results.
But ive gotn a nice boost and more regrowth when i added tricomin 1-2 times a day.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that Prox-N has a fairly distinct odour about it. No probs if using at night but may be an issue for daytime applications - depending if anyone gets close to your hair in the hours following its use.

Slarti

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
Forgot to mention that Prox-N has a fairly distinct odour about it. No probs if using at night but may be an issue for daytime applications - depending if anyone gets close to your hair in the hours following its use.

Slarti

Like a GF that loves youre hair as much as youre self :D

Andyman79

Reaction score
somone uk said:
[quote="Quantum Cat":eek:brn6l4i][quote="somone uk":eek:brn6l4i]well really if your looking for SOD products Prox-N has the most active ingredients
idk about tricomin
and nanogaine has the "lo-seb" and some other ingrediant

I'm basically looking for a good growth stimulant to complement taking finasteride - one that isn't Minoxidil. SODs seem to be the best recommended after minoxidil.

If Prox-N is genuine then I'll go for that as it works out cheaper than Nanogaine, but I guess there's not much in it.[/quote:eek:brn6l4i]
well the golden rule to tell a genuine growth stimulant from a snake oil is to send them an email and ask "can x cause excessive hairiness around my body" if they say NO it's a snake oil
why: growth stimulants work by causing hypertrichosis (excessive hairiness), in doing that it helps grow hair on the scalp but inevitably some will make it into the bloodstream and cause hair around your body to grow more as well, there is no way of making a product that will grow hair on the head and not on the body
i'll put in into perspective, i have only been on minoxidil 5% for less than a month and i can already comb and style my hand hair[/quote:eek:brn6l4i]

Wouldn't local application of a growth stimulant cause localized hypertrichosis? I understand that there may be growth in adjacent sites due to local transfer of the drug but I think it would only be in rare cases that you would see signs of excess body hair stimulation across your body.

I didn't think that Minoxidil caused hypertrichosis by any androgen mechanism? I may be wrong but my limited research didn't suggest this. I'd be keen to understand and knwo more on this if you have any info?

gps

Reaction score
the lef (betterlfe.com) versions are supposed to be lite versions. dr. proctor has
himself said in the past on these forums that these versions are better value for money. they
are supposed to contain
slightly less percentages of the active ingredients like tempol etc, but are still supposed to be
effective. hth.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
gps said:
the lef (betterlfe.com) versions are supposed to be lite versions. dr. proctor has
himself said in the past on these forums that these versions are better value for money. they
are supposed to contain
slightly less percentages of the active ingredients like tempol etc, but are still supposed to be
effective. hth.

thanks. I'll go for that I think

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know. If Nano really worked well, I mean even half as good as minoxidil, Dr Proctor could sell it and make millions!

I've used it and I can't say that it did anything, even cosmetic thickening.

If you can handle minoxidil foam or propecia, do it. I can't, because I have low blood pressure, and it gives me a rapid heart beat.

As far as something else, you'd be better off with Tricomin as an adjunct to minoxidil. At least they got to phase II. Also, I've used Tricomin, and it made a lot of my gray hair dark, so it did something. As far as regrowth, not so much.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
47thin said:
I don't know. If Nano really worked well, I mean even half as good as minoxidil, Dr Proctor could sell it and make millions!

I've used it and I can't say that it did anything, even cosmetic thickening.

do you mean you used Nano shampoo, or Prox-N?

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I've used both. Mostly Nano shampoo. Prox-N didn't seem to do anything. Look in the success stories. Has anyone said "Wow! Look at 6 months on Nano or Prox-N!" No. A lot of guys use it as a kitchen sink approach, including myself.

Now, I know a lady that handle the Shampoo section for a huge supermarket chain, and the sales rep for Rogaine doesn't even use it. He has a shaved head-rogaines sheds were too much for him to handle! So just be careful what to expect. Consider this- guys like Jason Statham and Bruce Willis have a ton of dough, and while they are resigned to their hair loss, they'd probably like to have their hair back! If there was a hidden secret treatment, they be on it, no matter what the price!

I think some of these treatments coming down the line like latisse and the cloning will work, it just takes a long time. For all we know, some of these third world countries will beat us to it, such as Thailand, which is supposed to have some of the best cosmetic surgeons in the world, as they can pretty much experiment on all those poor trannies.

rcom440

Reaction score
47thin said:
guys like Jason Statham and Bruce Willis have a ton of dough, and while they are resigned to their hair loss, they'd probably like to have their hair back! If there was a hidden secret treatment, they be on it, no matter what the price!

Don't you think that if they wanted their hair they would get it?
Jason Statham - it's all about his image! Imagine him in Transporter and other action movies with shaved head and then all the sudden he plays a guy with full head of hair. It would look weird. Bald bead make him Jason Statham, it's a bad *** look and it fits him very well. Same with Vin Diesel, he actually played in a couple of films where he had hair but he looked ridiculous.
Bruce Willis lost his hair in the late 80's - early 90's
If they wanted, they would have hair but why bother.

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
The question is, are you stunningly good looking enough to go without hair- Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Yul Brynner, etc. Or, are you average looking? Most of us are not stunningly good looking.

All I am saying is that if Prox-N or Nano worked well, it would be all over the success stories searches. And not just a "I also use Nano....for shampoo."

rcom440

Reaction score
47thin said:
The question is, are you stunningly good looking enough to go without hair- Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Yul Brynner, etc. Or, are you average looking? Most of us are not stunningly good looking.

Yes, Im good looking, just look at my avatar picture :))))

47thin said:
All I am saying is that if Prox-N or Nano worked well, it would be all over the success stories searches. And not just a "I also use Nano....for shampoo."

Maybe but remember that most people expect those products to work right away. There are tons of posts like "I'm on this and that for 3 weeks and it's not working for me so it must be a snake oil"

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
3 months. If you look, you won't find many people that have used it alone. Besides, hair sheds , so, you could go through a bad sheed (naturally) and then, when it gorws back, think it was the product.