Tricomin V Nanogaine V Prox-N

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
if you could only use one of the following which would you choose? Which in your opinion would be most effective?

TRICOMIN:

44large.jpg

http://www.tricotec.co.uk/tr/tricot...essionid=14301167ca8fc68f71e96c6d635f463b8024

NANOGAINE:

n-buy-nanogaine.gif

http://www.nanogen.co.uk/nanogen-nanogaine-hair-growth.html

PROXIPHEN-N:

images

http://www.drproctor.com/hair-regrowth-products.htm

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Prox-N has more in it than just a single copper-peptide like Tricomin has, so my vote goes to Prox-N.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I like the look of Prox-N too, but with so many hairloss scams out there I want to be sure it's genuine. I can only afford to use one of those three choices.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well really if your looking for SOD products Prox-N has the most active ingredients
idk about tricomin
and nanogaine has the "lo-seb" and some other ingrediant

i am personally a little cautious of SOD/copper peptide solutions since the whole science of SODs seem to be relying on "minoxidil works by giving NO groups and dilating the blood vessels" which is something that was previously believed (and still the explanation in the regaine leaflet) but that was debunked since most nitrodilators don't yeild anywhere near the same effect and it was then proven minoxidil works by opening the atp sensitive K channels
i also find that nanogen claim "peroxynitrate is detrimental to hair growth" but no matter how much i googled i couldn't actually find any scientific evidence of this whatsoever

amsch

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Prox-N has more in it than just a single copper-peptide like Tricomin has, so my vote goes to Prox-N.
Having more ingredients does not necessarily mean that it works better (or at all). See Revivogen etc.

I'd be interested in some serious reports of someone having luck with those products.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
somone uk said:
well really if your looking for SOD products Prox-N has the most active ingredients
idk about tricomin

I'm basically looking for a good growth stimulant to complement taking finasteride - one that isn't Minoxidil. SODs seem to be the best recommended after minoxidil.

If Prox-N is genuine then I'll go for that as it works out cheaper than Nanogaine, but I guess there's not much in it.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
[quote="somone uk":1detadrd]well really if your looking for SOD products Prox-N has the most active ingredients
idk about tricomin

I'm basically looking for a good growth stimulant to complement taking finasteride - one that isn't Minoxidil. SODs seem to be the best recommended after minoxidil.

If Prox-N is genuine then I'll go for that as it works out cheaper than Nanogaine, but I guess there's not much in it.[/quote:1detadrd]
well the golden rule to tell a genuine growth stimulant from a snake oil is to send them an email and ask "can x cause excessive hairiness around my body" if they say NO it's a snake oil
why: growth stimulants work by causing hypertrichosis (excessive hairiness), in doing that it helps grow hair on the scalp but inevitably some will make it into the bloodstream and cause hair around your body to grow more as well, there is no way of making a product that will grow hair on the head and not on the body
i'll put in into perspective, i have only been on minoxidil 5% for less than a month and i can already comb and style my hand hair

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
somone uk said:
[quote="Quantum Cat":9h5l2z3q][quote="somone uk":9h5l2z3q]well really if your looking for SOD products Prox-N has the most active ingredients
idk about tricomin

If Prox-N is genuine then I'll go for that as it works out cheaper than Nanogaine, but I guess there's not much in it.[/quote:9h5l2z3q]
well the golden rule to tell a genuine growth stimulant from a snake oil is to send them an email and ask "can x cause excessive hairiness around my body" if they say NO it's a snake oil
why: growth stimulants work by causing hypertrichosis (excessive hairiness), in doing that it helps grow hair on the scalp but inevitably some will make it into the bloodstream and cause hair around your body to grow more as well, there is no way of making a product that will grow hair on the head and not on the body
i'll put in into perspective, i have only been on minoxidil 5% for less than a month and i can already comb and style my hand hair[/quote:9h5l2z3q]

the info for S5 cream says that it only absorbs locally on the scalp and doesn't enter the bloodstream - that's why there are apparently no side effects. I assumed that was the same for all scalp topicals. Still, a bit of extra body hair won't hurt.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
amsch said:
I'd be interested in some serious reports of someone having luck with those products.
Bryan used Prox-N (by itself, I believe) with some success - not sure if he's still a user. I am, but only for the last two-and-a-bit months so too early for a meaningful report.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
amsch said:
Bryan used Prox-N (by itself, I believe) with some success - not sure if he's still a user. I am, but only for the last two-and-a-bit months so too early for a meaningful report.

how are you getting on with Prox-N? Does it dry your hair or cause shedding?

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Out of those three, prox-n for sure. It has the most research and patents behind it.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Q Cat, early days but going fine: no shed (so far) and no unusual dryness of hair to report, either. Some fairly unattractive flaking early on (think unabsorbed minoxidil but softer and brown) but only until I got the measure of how much to use - although it does like to accumulate around the base of hairs, so vigilance when/if applying to hairline is necessary.

As a bit of background, I'm only using Prox-N at the front - about the first three inches in - as rest of hair is now thankfully fine, and my curse is diffuse thinning with some modest temporal recession to boot. Back to the Prox-N... one aspect I didn't love is the bottle's stubby applicator (my hair's a few inches long so it was tricky to get the liquid cleanly onto my scalp), fortunately many moons ago I kept some of the long-arm pump-applicators that they shipped with Rogaine (don't know if they still do), which when paired to a (cleaned) minoxidil bottle gave me the perfect dispenser.

Well look at that, only intended to give a quick two-line response but instead have rambled on for a couple of paragraphs.

Slarti

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Nuli said:
Out of those three, prox-n for sure. It has the most research and patents behind it.

more patents don't necessarily mean it's more effective though, right.... :dunno:

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
You're welcome (for the reply). Once I've a few more months of Prox-N under my belt/on top of head I'll have to update the long-dormant 'Slartibartfast's Story' thread. Which should be a tremendous thrill for all involved.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
You're welcome (for the reply). Once I've a few more months of Prox-N under my belt/on top of head I'll have to update the long-dormant 'Slartibartfast's Story' thread. Which should be a tremendous thrill for all involved.

I've been using Tric all over my head but if I get Prox-N will probably only use it on the thinning areas to make it last. personally I don't think anything can grow back the temple areas, but I want to save the widow's peak from further damage.

do you order your Prox-N straight from Dr. P? Did you consider nanogaine?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
[quote="somone uk":1vqs98wx][quote="Quantum Cat":1vqs98wx]

If Prox-N is genuine then I'll go for that as it works out cheaper than Nanogaine, but I guess there's not much in it.
i'll put in into perspective, i have only been on minoxidil 5% for less than a month and i can already comb and style my hand hair[/quote:1vqs98wx]

the info for S5 cream says that it only absorbs locally on the scalp and doesn't enter the bloodstream - that's why there are apparently no side effects. I assumed that was the same for all scalp topicals. Still, a bit of extra body hair won't hurt.[/quote:1vqs98wx] hmm i have never really read up on spironolactone cream because i know oral spironolactone would definitely work but i haven't seen any trials supporting that it's absorbed into the scalp

i am not convinced though, if any of it gets absorbed it would inevitably make it into your bloodstream, i would of believed it if they said only a negligible amount got absorbed but not "it doesn't enter the bloodstream"
also the aleged "no side effects" from a drug where it's oral counterpart have loads
i mean only a negligible amount of minoxidil enters my bloodstream but it still manages to grow hair on the back of my hands like mad, i could almost comb it

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
I've been using Tric all over my head but if I get Prox-N will probably only use it on the thinning areas to make it last. personally I don't think anything can grow back the temple areas, but I want to save the widow's peak from further damage.

Not really. Once I'd decided to go the SOD route (as opposed to adding Xandrox 15 or a topical anti-androgen that isn't self made from raw ingredients) Prox-N seemed the obvious choice. And yes, I got it direct from Dr. P.

A 60 ml bottle plus postage to U.K. came to $85, and this looks like lasting me a good four months so it's a fairly inexpensive addition.

Slarti

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
Quantum Cat said:

Not really. Once I'd decided to go the SOD route (as opposed to adding Xandrox 15 or a topical anti-androgen that isn't self made from raw ingredients) Prox-N seemed the obvious choice. And yes, I got it direct from Dr. P.

A 60 ml bottle plus postage to U.K. came to $85, and this looks like lasting me a good four months so it's a fairly inexpensive addition.

Slarti
Do you get brown/green discoloration on the scalp like the cp serum ??