Tricomin and spironolactone....

HairyPotter

Established Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about adding Tricomin or Folligen to my regimen, along with some spironolactone from Dr. Lee....

Does anyone know if adding Copper Peptides will cause an initial shed, because my hair is really thin right now and an additional shed would make me cry :cry:

Also can you apply Tricomin in the morning and it not be noticable? Im thinking of applying it to my hairline along with the crown and I dont want to look like a freak of nature/alien at work/school if you know what I mean...

Also I forgot which spironolactone from Dr. Lee doesnt smell? Is it the 2% or 5%, I dont want to smell like a dirty bum :)

Can Minoxidil, spironolactone, and Tricomin be applied all together at once without causing some kind of crazy chemical interaction?

Thanks guys any input/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

CCS

Reaction score
i read on skinbiology that while tricomin regrows as much hair as minoxidil, the placebo they gave, which was the tricomin without the copper peptides, caused hair loss. they concluded that copper peptides are good, but the vehicle needs to be changed. they suspected that alcohol was to blame.

Goingat20

Reaction score
HairyPotter said:
Can Minoxidil, spironolactone, and Tricomin be applied all together at once without causing some kind of crazy chemical interaction?

First apply the tricomin wait 10 minutes then apply the spirp wait another 10 minutes then apply the minoxidil.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
i read on skinbiology that while tricomin regrows as much hair as minoxidil, the placebo they gave, which was the tricomin without the copper peptides, caused hair loss. they concluded that copper peptides are good, but the vehicle needs to be changed. they suspected that alcohol was to blame.

:shock:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:

And yet in Vera Price's 1999 study on minoxidil, alcohol (the Rogaine vehicle without minoxidil, to be specific) was shown to have no effect at all on haircounts or hairweights.

Bryan

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
HarryPotter,

Tricomin should not make you shed. I researched that same topic on these forums before I started using it and I found no complaints of shedding. In fact, most people reported a decrease in shedding from using it. I experienced the same reduction in shedding. And it really does help with inflammation. Makes scalp feel much healthier and less itchy. And it won't mess up your hairstyle because it dries with pretty much no trace. Though it does leave your hair with a slight "hold." I found that to be beneficial and now use it to style my hair as well.

Can't comment on the scent of spironolactone, but I too would like to know that answer since I am thinking of adding that to my regimine.

HairyPotter

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies... Thats good to hear that Tricomin doesn't make you shed, thats the last thing I need right now. Im going to order some Tricomin tomorrow along with 5% spironolactone and following Goingat20's advice I will apply the topicals one after the other.

I hope the alcohol in Tricomin doesn't make me lose more hair, but Im willing to give it a shot.

Thanks guys....

CCS

Reaction score
brian just said it does not. I wonder what in the tricomin placebo did it then.

Purified Water, SD Alcohol 40B, Amodimethicone, Nonoxynol-10, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-11, Polysorbate 60, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Dimethyl Lauramine Isostearate, Linoleamidopropyl Ethyl Dimonium Ethosulfate, Triamino Copper Nutritional Complex (Alanine/Histidine/Lysine Polypetide Copper HCl), Methylparaben, Benzethonium Chloride, Menthol, FD&C Blue #1.

the study was I think a 6 month study that had tricomin, tricomin inactive ingredients, and minoxidil, all three going head to head. I think, and maybe there was a minoxidil placebo too. Bryan, do you know what study i'm refering to? anyway, the tricomin placebo caused a significant loss of hair, whereas the minoxidil placebo did nothing (in the first minoxidil study, the placebo grew hair), and the minoxidil grew hair, and the tricomin grew more hair than the minoxidil, though not a lot more. so copper peptides are good, but it seems like the vehicles can be improved.

eddy2oo6

Reaction score
I use tricomin/morning and folligen/night. Absolutely no shed. I only suggest applying any other topical before as suggested in directions.
Pay attention to spironolactone, on some ppl it can causes bad dermatitis (I'm one of them!).
Ciproterone is better than spironolactone, and studies indicate it would be better to use it in conjunction with progesterone.
Why don't you go to visit a good dermathologist who can prescribe a good minoxidil + antiandrogens mix?
I did it and I'm happy now!

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
And it won't mess up your hairstyle because it dries with pretty much no trace. Though it does leave your hair with a slight "hold." I found that to be beneficial and now use it to style my hair as well.

So it's OK to get the Folligen on your hair unlike minoxidil? Also, are there any good minoxidil + antiandrogens on the market that don't require a derm to prescribe it? And what are you asking him for when you do get the prescription? I'm not sure my derm knows about this stuff. I really need to add an antiandrogen but don't want to have another application. Was going to go with Revivogen.