Is your scalp rock solid like mine ?

• Yes, like a rock

• No, very loose

Results are only viewable after voting.

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello every one,

Since I have made some personnal research on the real root Androgenetic Alopecia, and through the reading of different thread on this site such as these one :
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/ivory-dome-scalp-calcification-theory.120439/
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-346#post-1769538

I'm very inclined to believe in the scalp tension theory. Especially with this old study I've found on pubmed which showed the use of STR (called takeda medex, but unfortunately it isn't still produced) as a treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2365903
It's from 1990, so I don't know if it's still relevant. Well I guess I'll have to try it on my self.
So I've decided to buy one of these STR device. And to try it. And to report my possible progress on this website, so every one can know what can be expected from this kind of device.

Let's talk about me :
18 years old. Fit and healthy, I'm a national class athlete (that's is to say the conventional hairloss treatments based on drug are allowed for me, as it's considered as dopage). Sleeping well, eating well too, fresh organic food from my garden.
My hairs : been loosing it for about 2 or 3 years without even considering it or seeing it, as I was young and healthy, wasn't worried much about it. I eventually finished to realise that I was loosing my hair when everyones began to told me about, and since then, it has became an obsession, really.
I'm currently NW2 I guess, maybe 3, and also extremely diffuse, it's just look dumb when my hair are wet, or not long enough.
My scalp is rock solid for the moment, I really can't pinch it, especialy where my hair lost is the worst.

My regimen will mainly consist in the use of the STR device for about 10 to 15 minutes a day, inflating and deflatting the device successively.
I'll eventually add microneedling to my regime by month 2, since I also believe angiogenesis is the key for regrowing your hair, but without firstly dealing with the scalp tension that reduce/shut off/slow down blood flow, it won't do much.

(For those interested in the device I use PM me, i'll link you the device, as the link isn't working, but since it's very very expensive and it's efficiency isn't well established, I strongly discourage you to buy the device for the moment, without any proof it can do something for hair)

Why do I believe in scalp tension ? For many things, such as the low oxygene environment observed in bald scalp that coincides with the high conversion of testosterone in DHT locally, and even the fact that, since the auricularis and tempolaris doesn't have any antagonist, I believe that over time they will become chronicaly tense. And also become scalp tension explain well the Norwood pattern.

Last edited:

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
keep us updated, i'm interested

I'll receive the device on the 8 of march, i'll post pics of it, and my sensation using it.
Then I'll do weekly udpates, probably posting pics of my hairs and a report about my loss and how feel my scalp (more loose/alive)

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
Define rock solid scalp? As in the tissue or the mobility.

Women with full heads of hair have tight scalps.

I mean by that i can pinch the top of my scalp compared to the side/back. It's really sticked to my cranial bone.

Women don't produce as much DHT as we do. I'm not even sure that they locally produce DHT in reponse of an inflammation signal.
ALso they have more subcutenaous fat than we do, so even if their scalp are tense, it protects the capillarity vessels underneath.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Link to the product doesn't work but that's an interesting study. Too bad it's so vague.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean by that i can pinch the top of my scalp compared to the side/back. It's really sticked to my cranial bone.

Women don't produce as much DHT as we do. I'm not even sure that they locally produce DHT in reponse of an inflammation signal.
ALso they have more subcutenaous fat than we do, so even if their scalp are tense, it protects the capillarity vessels underneath.

Oh. Ya I can’t pinch the top of my scalp either. Only sides or back. But I can pinch the donor area very well

We should probably get a non balding guy to try to pinch the top of his scalp.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On german forums some ppl got them from japan pretty much for free back in the days. Didnt do jackshit.

When I checked back in the days, they were selling it somewhere for like 400bucks lmao.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My scalp is very loose didn’t stop me losing hair from 17, the skin around my hairline is the most loose and that’s what went first. Not saying there isn’t anything to this though.

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's the takeda medex then it was suppose to be wear for about 2 hours a day, which could eventually lead to further hypoxia due to the vessels being shut off.
I'll see, and make my report.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp tension is unlikely a cause of baldness. It doesn't explain why transplanted hairs remains firm for life. It is now established fact that DHT sensitivity of hairs is the real cause of baldness not anything else.

verne2k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp tension is unlikely a cause of baldness. It doesn't explain why transplanted hairs remains firm for life. It is now established fact that DHT sensitivity of hairs is the real cause of baldness not anything else.

do a google image search for hydrocephalus. look at kids with massive skulls, extremely tight skin and very thin hair if none at all

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean, like this ?

images.jpeg

You do know that most babies don't have a full head of hair, right ?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
do a google image search for hydrocephalus. look at kids with massive skulls, extremely tight skin and very thin hair if none at all
I myself opened a thread month ago about craniosynostosis and hairloss. But my layer observation is that dht sensitivity is likely the cause of hair loss in men.

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I just received my device today.
First impression : it doesn't seems cheap made, the frame is 3D printed, it's plastic but it's seems quite robust.
First use : I used it for about 10 minutes, and it really does what it says ! My scalp was way more loose after using it, and it gives a pretty nice feeling. I had some struggle at the beginning to positionate it, but i've eventually found the right position, and the device really pushed my scalp upward. Like when i touched the top of my scalp, i could feel my skin being extra loose.