Treatments Available In Scandinavia ...?

octopus_l

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks,

First time poster here.

I’m 29, and have noticed incremental hair loss since aged 21. Early on, it wasn’t anything I worried too much about as the change was so marginal.

For the last year or so, however, the pace has picked up, and I started noticing thinning from the temples, but also from the centre of my head. Nothing from the crown as yet.

I think I’m ready to start a soft treatment to retain the hair I have, and hopefully grow in places anew.

I’ve started taking saw palmetto extract every day and, for the last year, I have been using a biotin pill called Trx2 from Oxford Bio Labs, with very little impact.

So, onto the stronger stuff. I am leaning towards a finasteride solution as I would like to take only an oral treatment, as opposed to topical. I can understand how effective the topical treatments can be, but I’d prefer not to go down that route.

My main question: any advice on what treatments I can look out for in Scandinavia, specifically Denmark? We have Propecia here, but it seems absurdly expensive (around $60 a month).

Elsewhere, I am changing my already healthy diet somewhat, specifically cutting back on coffee as I read somewhere here that a new study suggests caffeine can have an impact on hair loss. Plus I probably shouldn’t be drinking 5 cups a day anyway!

I’ve added some photos for reference. Please excuse the dopey face!

Attachments

• 390363AD-8590-4192-8304-6EB58E507B8B.jpeg
    390363AD-8590-4192-8304-6EB58E507B8B.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 304
  • 6BE690BA-1D41-493A-9E4B-0D649E40936C.jpeg
    6BE690BA-1D41-493A-9E4B-0D649E40936C.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 1E4AB9CB-6513-4A96-8376-AB2B434F86C5.jpeg
    1E4AB9CB-6513-4A96-8376-AB2B434F86C5.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 299

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that is absurdly expensive. Go with the generic stuff. finasteride. I pay 11 dollars for a 3 month supply. Basically, there's not much else you can do.

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
Most treatments are topical, so I don't think you'll find much. Generic finasteride costs €5/month or less.

Last edited:

snooze

Reaction score
Hejsa octopus! You can get generic finasteride in DK, just go to your dermatologist and get a prescription, Stada´s Finasteride costs around 130 DKK (17-18eur). For most other treatments I would stay away from all the "hair clinics" in DK, especially Hårklinikken in CPH, as they are selling an obnoxiously expensive "lotion" where they mix some herbs and add minoxidile to it.

octopus_l

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hejsa octopus! You can get generic finasteride in DK, just go to your dermatologist and get a prescription, Stada´s Finasteride costs around 130 DKK (17-18eur). For most other treatments I would stay away from all the "hair clinics" in DK, especially Hårklinikken in CPH, as they are selling an obnoxiously expensive "lotion" where they mix some herbs and add minoxidile to it.
Thanks! Could I get the 5mg and simply split in half, or is starting with 1mg preferable?

el_duterino

Reaction score
diet has no effect, coffee is fine

you have genetic androgenic alopecia, just like the color of your eyes or hair its in your genes
finasteride+minoxidil is a good start

Maxihair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use generic finasteride. I get it from "STOP99BALD". If you're curious just search for this code in Google.

Last edited: