Treating Hair Loss With Topical Finasteride (finastopic)

Willy_Aer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Approaching the 8 months mark i feel the comparison with baseline is quite amazing. Note that I added minoxidil 6% last month.

Great improvements last days/weeks. I have been recently complimented by friends that havent't seen in months several times for my hair that now looks much thicker and healthier. I will try to post pics later on.

Willy_Aer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Clean after shower hair:
33djnrp.jpg
263di0w.jpg
21cazhf.jpg

Next picture is how I style it with dry effect wax and how I maximize the volume effect:
oursis.jpg

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2lbby9f.jpg
2572cxt.jpg
Pictures of May 2016. 10 months ago.

Wow, you were really balding agressively. In fact, you look like a Norwood three almost int hat
ten month picture.

Would not go off the topical treatments your currently taking.

You look like a Norwood zero now.

Willy_Aer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, you were really balding agressively. In fact, you look like a Norwood three almost int hat
ten month picture.

Would not go off the topical treatments your currently taking.

You look like a Norwood zero now.

Thank you mate! I am combining now finastopic and minoxidil 6% at night. Just 4 sprays each. This way finastopic (which is f*****g expensive) is gonna last the double.

10 months go I had hair all over, but I was thinning badly and with certain lights and with dirty hair the Norwood 7 pattern could be seen. Until 1 year ago It was fine...i took i big hit then when I saw these pictures i just uploaded...reality check as it finest!

I guess that I was in the denial phase for years beacuse after seing old pictures from years ago (6 at least) I realized that I had been thinning slowly for many many years...

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've grown all of it back with topical finasteride and Minoxidil ;)
So topical finasteride have same affect then oral finasteride?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've grown all of it back with topical finasteride and Minoxidil ;)
So topical finasteride have same affect then oral finasteride?

It's actually slightly better. But they are equal.

Dustasteride beats both. Topical Finasteride is only 3 - 4% better than oral Finasteride.

Finasteride eliminates 70% DHT, where as topical is 74 - 75%.

TwoGoats

Reaction score
Also bought the Finastopic because normal finasteride isn't working for me.

From the description, it says I have to mix the finasteride myself:

IMG-6002.jpg

The question is how many 1 mg Propecia tables do I need to make the 1.0% solution?

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was waiting to see something significant to report. But here we are:
- 1,5 months on "double finasteride daily session". I take a pill religiously everyday right after waking up with empty stomach. Everynight I wash my hair with a gentle anti loss shampoo and right after as my hair is dry I apply the liquid.
I never had itching nor bad shedding either. Just thining all over the horseshoe with some top 3 weekest points: righ temple triangle, hole between crown and hairline and cowlick.
- I am concerned about the amount of finasteride I'm applying topically. I have no idea how to control it. I just try to get all my scalp wet and let it dry. Maybe around 7 to 10 spray applications.
- 0 sides. During the second and the third week i had pimples in my scalp. I think I always had some (not that much for sure) so I can't say if it's due to the treatment or the hot summer in my country that makes you sweat all the time. Now it's normal again.
- I feel my hair might be healthier and and slightly thicker. But if I compare pictures I can't see much difference I guess. It depends soooo much on the light, the lenght of the hair...I have been a lot to the beach this summer and definetly the salt of the sea helps your hair to look thicker. Even after shower, being in the beach helps my hair to look so much better. So with all these factors is really difficult to make an assessment. Aniway my hair feels and looks better overall.
- I am thinking of adding to my regimen: 2/week ketoconazol 2% shampoo &/or buying minoxidil 5% to apply it every morning. I would be applying it twice daily (night with finastopic, morning just minoxidil). My fear is to lose even mire traceability of thr potential improvements.
- I am posting some pictures of the current state of my hair this afternoon.

Regards,
Willy
Hi Willy, Do you know what strength Topical finasteride you wree using as I'm about to start using. Was it 0.025% or a lot stronger. Thanks