Transplanted Front Hairline in front of Hair System

TheHighGuy69

Reaction score
My apologies. I misread your original post and got your plan of action totally reversed and thought you were resigned to wear your hair system up front. Do you meet the criteria for a BHT? Again in the right surgeon's hands beard hair and even chest hair show promise. Good luck.

No worries. I'm totally opposed to doing a BHT though. Not only are the hairs completely different looking (at least on my body) but that would add a visible scar that can't be covered from view with hair (like a normal hair transplant).

BrianP

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what a hair system is? i searched on google but came up with nothing lol

ty

TheHighGuy69

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what a hair system is? i searched on google but came up with nothing lol

ty

A hair system is the updated term for a wig/toupee. They come in a lot of different types, but the best types are made from fine lace with bleach knots. These types of systems are the most comfortable and stealthy. The other types get pretty fancy, incorporating a myriad of different materials like skin tone plastics or 'super silk'. In my experiences they can get pretty undetectable, but the dead giveaway is the hairline which requires constant maintenance, staying out of direct sunlight (because the lace becomes noticeable on the hairline), and time consuming attachments/detachments with glue. They are usually glued at the hairline and taped towards the back. If you get a good one, you honestly forget you are wearing a hair piece at all. Until you realize you need to fix your hairline again.

The images that came up when you googled "hair system" are all wigs.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
No worries. I'm totally opposed to doing a BHT though. Not only are the hairs completely different looking (at least on my body) but that would add a visible scar that can't be covered from view with hair (like a normal hair transplant).

If you have very hairy chest it wouldn't be any problem.

TheHighGuy69

Reaction score
Ok, update time.

It's been a couple of weeks and I'm still stuck at the penultimate phase of the plan, which is viewing, in person, a person who has had a similar procedure. I threw out invitations in like 5 different hair loss forums and no one even responded. I called my doctor and he doesn't recall if he has ever had anyone whom he operated on with a similar procedure. I called two other doctors and they can't help me either. I'm supposed to book the operation within the month of June so that a date can be ready in August. I am getting DESPERATE here. If I don't do the operation in August I have to wait another year for a window of free time.

Can you guys give me any advice?

Noah

Reaction score
I have not done this, but I know a guy who has. We used to go to the same salon, and he had the same problem as you - hairline coming up and being detectable. He had the procedure done by Dr Armani, who is a high profile guy in Canada I think. Anyway, a very nice job and problem solved for him. He now uses tape behind the transplanted hairline, which he applies to his scalp first, and them applies the hairpiece on top.

Having seen his result I would be tempted myself, even though I don't really have an issue with the hairline, but what puts me off is the timing. He had to take off his piece for the surgery, and then it took a few months for the new hair to grow in before he could start wearing a piece again, during which time he obviously looked pretty odd. I am in an office job, and I couldn't do that. He works from home, and I guess he just wore a hat in public for the growing-in period.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide. PM me if you have any Qs.

TheHighGuy69

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I decided to take the plunge and I got the surgery on the 8th of August (13 days from this posting) with Dr. Nussbaum (of Miami Hair, in Coral Gables). I'll be posting pictures sometime this weekend of the post op. I was worried at how much scabbing there was even though it was a normal amount, and now my scalp looks good. But about 60% of the new hairs fell out (normal due to shock loss I know) and I have noticed a disturbing new situation on my scalp. Little bumps (and one slightly behind the transplanted hair that feel like its going to 'bloom' into an actual pimple). Is this normal?

CzEchsMiX86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I decided to take the plunge and I got the surgery on the 8th of August (13 days from this posting) with Dr. Nussbaum (of Miami Hair, in Coral Gables). I'll be posting pictures sometime this weekend of the post op. I was worried at how much scabbing there was even though it was a normal amount, and now my scalp looks good. But about 60% of the new hairs fell out (normal due to shock loss I know) and I have noticed a disturbing new situation on my scalp. Little bumps (and one slightly behind the transplanted hair that feel like its going to 'bloom' into an actual pimple). Is this normal?

HighGuy it's been a few years. Would love to hear an update! I'm looking into the same combination. I had an FUE done after experiencing diffuse thinning all over the top and hadn't done enough research prior to realize that wasn't a good idea. I also was left with pimple type bumps (cobblestoning or tenting) because the grafts were not placed at the correct depth in my scalp. They are permanent. So I'm not really left with an option to shave now. It's either hair system or additional transplant for hairline + system behind, like yourself. Would love to hear how it has gone for you. Hopefully it has been a positive experience. Cheers.

Crunch

Reaction score
This either went terribly wrong or terribly right, and judging that people generally come to forums when they have a problem..