Transplant Diary

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
hey bruce lee, would you recommend Dr. Picardt for crown work? Just doing a little research just in case things don't work out with my treatment.

G

Ams99 said:
hey bruce lee, would you recommend Dr. Picardt for crown work? Just doing a little research just in case things don't work out with my treatment.

Don't know who Dr. Picardt is. I used Dr. DeYarmen here in San Diego and was very pleased with my outcomes. I think he is worth visiting if you get serious.

:lol:

travelman

Reaction score
do not have hairtransplants unless....

hi,

i am here based on my experience... i just want to say:

DO NOT HAVE A HAIR TRANSPLANT when you are not yet completely BALD!!!

i still have a decent amount of hair on my head but with noticeable thinning on the crown area and temples and hairline are a bit receding. i am 26 and both my parents have baldness in their genes. i had a hair transplant so that I can "stay ahead of the game" since propecia and minoxidil 5% seems to lose their effectiveness over time (i was on minoxidil for 2 yrs then added propecia (been on it for almost 2 yrs)).

So I went to a well respected hair transplant surgeon and just went for it.
I had a good idea on what was to be expected.

for the short term, i just don't see the benefits - just go bald and then decide if you want to live like that for the rest of your life... i now want to be bald (im a musician and i think its cooler to be bald than to have a pathetic high hairline). I am just unable to do so since i have a scar on the back and my transplanted hair on my temples and hairline is going to grow and its going to look weird....

anyway i have never shaved my head. will they notice that i transplanted my frontal hairline if i shaved it? i mean is their a difference in the skin texture, etc. in the area of the transplanted grafts...

please inform me before i shave it all off...

thanks!

good luck to brucelee and all the fighters...

Sben

Reaction score
hair loss depression

Hi I am new and depress member of this forum. BruceLee, Sal1, Kebabman, and Crazydiamon you guys are brave souls to do this. I hope all your suffering and patients will pay off soon. I read all your posts guys, and now I don’t know what to do with myself. I am 24 and for past year my hair start to thin on my front =( Can someone please refer me to good dermatologist.

Guys this my story....I am 24 and I suffering from hair loss, I always had hair on my head until I turn age of 22 I notice my hair start thinning. I used to style my hair with gel and looked good with full head of hairs. Now I dont have any desire to be out going like I used to be. My work performance suffers at my job, due to low self-esteem. I do still have hairs on my head, but its getting worse. This week I went in NYC to Hair Club for Men and Bosley office. It seems to me all they interested is money. Consultant from Hair Club for Men sounded so lame, but Consultant from Bosley sounded more realistic about my hair loss situation. Can anyone please recommend me a good doctor that cares about his patients? =( Consultant from Bosley prescribe for me Propecia, thats as I far I got at this moment. This is going to be my first time taking any kind of medicine for my hair loss.

sal1

Reaction score
Hey SBen.

Do the propecia thing for sure for awhile and see how things go. Hair loss sucks the life out of some of us. It becomes depressing and tough to deal with.

At your age I'd see what the propecia will do first. Research and learn more of what a hair transplant involves. It has come so far advanced over the years. I had a bad one when I was 28 and just had a really good one last october at age 35. I didnt think it would turn out this well, but with the help of some of the members here and getting their view points I decided to do it again. I appreciate those guys here that helped me out very much.

I'm in Cleveland so I dont know of any Dr's there in NYC. My Dr was really good. If he moved out of state for some reason and if I needed additional hair transplant work I'd go where ever he was to get it done. Just do your research and meet some of their patients.

You're going to feel better about your hairloss at some point SBen. Just give yourself time to figure whats best for you. Dont rush into a hair transplant office. Make them earn your business if thats the route you decide to go.

Stay with propecia for a bit and get some advise on what some of the others are doing as added regiments.

Good luck!
sal1

G

sal1 said:
Hey SBen.

Do the propecia thing for sure for awhile and see how things go. Hair loss sucks the life out of some of us. It becomes depressing and tough to deal with.

At your age I'd see what the propecia will do first. Research and learn more of what a hair transplant involves. It has come so far advanced over the years. I had a bad one when I was 28 and just had a really good one last october at age 35. I didnt think it would turn out this well, but with the help of some of the members here and getting their view points I decided to do it again. I appreciate those guys here that helped me out very much.

I'm in Cleveland so I dont know of any Dr's there in NYC. My Dr was really good. If he moved out of state for some reason and if I needed additional hair transplant work I'd go where ever he was to get it done. Just do your research and meet some of their patients.

You're going to feel better about your hairloss at some point SBen. Just give yourself time to figure whats best for you. Dont rush into a hair transplant office. Make them earn your business if thats the route you decide to go.

Stay with propecia for a bit and get some advise on what some of the others are doing as added regiments.

Good luck!
sal1

If it were me, I would get on the finasteride/min/noz cocktail for at least 18 months before I had an hair transplant-also you can supplement this with NANO shampoo right away if you want.

At six months, reassess where you are. If needed add sprio to areas in need.

After the full 18 months, we can help you find a competent and ethical hair transplant surgeon IF you need one.

Best of luck. It will all work out.

And BTW-I dont feel that I am suffering in any way. If one has to have male pattern baldness, now is certainly the time to have it. Lots of good info, good friends on this site, and good products.

Sben

Reaction score
hair depression

BruceLee, Sal1 guys thank you very much for your replies.
Sal i am very sorry to hear about your bad exprenice when you first did it :cry:

I am desperate to keep whatever I have, please help me
I need to find a good dermatalogist .. :cry:

BruceLee you mention NANO shampoo is it makes fake apperance like you have more hair or it just cleanse your skull in natural way....if does cleans your head and unclog pores I will buy whatever it takers to keep my hair
:cry:

Sben

Reaction score
hair depression

also i would like to share some pictures with you guys if you dont mind...i want to show you my before and and my current pictures....is there a way i can upload my pictures into my profile :cry:

Guys I wish you all a good recovery from your hair transplant

G

Re: hair depression

SBen said:
BruceLee, Sal1 guys thank you very much for your replies.
Sal i am very sorry to hear about your bad exprenice when you first did it :cry:

I am desperate to keep whatever I have, please help me
I need to find a good dermatalogist .. :cry:

BruceLee you mention NANO shampoo is it makes fake apperance like you have more hair or it just cleanse your skull in natural way....if does cleans your head and unclog pores I will buy whatever it takers to keep my hair
:cry:

No actually NANO is a hair loss treatment in shampoo form. It uses a natural form of growth stimulant (NANO) and a form of SOD (copper peptides) to reduce inflammation. Check out Dr. Proctor's web site for details.

And it is a good shampoo too!

Good luckl

roark

Reaction score
new to the form but have been reading along

Well, today i had my surgery 1600 grafts...all top of the head..to the crown. Procedure was virutally pain free(except for the first few injections). The surgeon i used was Bruce Marko with MHR in tampa. What a patient man he is...we talked for a long time before proceeding and he made me feel at east. I am adding propecia to my life after the surgery...was thinking quickly at 29 but not completely bald yet. The noticeable thinness had really impacted me psychologically, and I am sitting here writing this the afternoon after my surgery feeling upbeat about the hold thing. Got the grahcyte spary, and I got back tomorrow so they can show me how to shampoo. I am taking 5 days from work and life to just heal and relax. We shall see I will update if anyone is interested. :freaked2:

G

Re: new to the form but have been reading along

roark said:
Well, today i had my surgery 1600 grafts...all top of the head..to the crown. Procedure was virutally pain free(except for the first few injections). The surgeon i used was Bruce Marko with MHR in tampa. What a patient man he is...we talked for a long time before proceeding and he made me feel at east. I am adding propecia to my life after the surgery...was thinking quickly at 29 but not completely bald yet. The noticeable thinness had really impacted me psychologically, and I am sitting here writing this the afternoon after my surgery feeling upbeat about the hold thing. Got the grahcyte spary, and I got back tomorrow so they can show me how to shampoo. I am taking 5 days from work and life to just heal and relax. We shall see I will update if anyone is interested. :freaked2:

Good luck. I used Folligen after my first 7 days of healing and used NANO shampoo too. Made the hair really respond nicely. Been 10 months now and we are all grown in.

sal1

Reaction score
Roark,

Congrats! Had mine done last october and its such a releif. In a few months you're going to be thrilled. Happy for ya. Good luck. Keep us posted.

sal1

roark

Reaction score
day two - -

I went back to the office where i had to work done today so they could show the proper way to shampoo and condition. No problems...very little discomort. The surgeron(Bruce Marko) stopped in to look me over, and said everything was placing nicely even overnight.

The sorest part is where the donor hair came from. But its no bad, just sensitive to touch.

While I am 2 days now into recovery, my mood has change a little already..very upbeat on the possibility for good results.

Oh, for those considering the surgery..post surgery - - they gave me prednisone to prevent swelling, an antibiotic to prevent infection and some tylonel III for any pain. Remembering to take pills has never been my strong suit..but i am being deliberate with this after making the investment.

:hairy: