Reaction score
Messaged both Cinik & Demirsoy,

No response from Demirsoy yet but 2 emails from Cinik. Hmm

Last edited:

ztoz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a bad experience travelling to Turkey for a hair transplant
It took me 8 airline connections to get there and back from Tasmania in Australia and about 50 hours travelling time and they never did the operation stating that my blood pressure was not right , yet I went to a Turkish hospital about an hour later and they said the blood pressure after testing was alright for an operation as my blood pressure is usually 120/60 but it was up but not really low as the clinic claimed down to 40 instead the lower range was 73 which is slightly out .
The blood pressure could have be slightly out due to stress and jet lag and also waiting outside the hotel for a long time in their transport waiting for one of their patients who as late getting up .
Not a pleasant experience , When I arrived in Turkey the driver for the clinic left me on a seat outside a coffee shop by myself at the airport for a long time while he waited for another patient elsewhere on a different air flight , while the military walked around with large gun and covered faces watching ,
After not doing the operation , they wanted the hotel paid for and the drivers fees covered , they took the money yet never return to pick me up to take me back to the airport or even contacted me .
They did a blood pressure test and a finger prick diabetes test and no full blood test , any patient could have a serious infection , I was an allied health professional and they appeared not to be medical practitioners from what they said ..
i was lucky that I contacted another hair transplant clinic in Turkey at a hospital , I went there at 11am and the operation started at 2 pm for 8 hours after telling me there was a time at such short notice .
They did a full blood test before surgery and the results were perfect and the operation had no problems and it appears they have done an excellent job at such a very low cost .

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am happy to hear it worked out in the end @ztoz , I am also worried about that, travelling just over the ditch from you.

May I ask who your transplant was originally booked with & who you went to after at such short notice?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also some clinics offer free PRP, is that even necessary at all?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also some clinics offer free PRP, is that even necessary at all?

Almost every study I've read on PRP suggests it is an effective tool at healing and at stimulating hair growth, however the measurements they use and extent to which it helped suggest it is very iffy and almost all studies seem to WANT to prove it works. Do it if it's free.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been in contact with Dr Cinik , he used to be in partnership with Dr Acar at Cosmedica but branched away it seems. Do you know the reasons behind this @Assemblage23 or @shookwun ? They both offer the same price of 1990 Euro for up to 5000 grafts. I quite like Cinik's demeanour and he seems like a genuine guy.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cinik is the most serious of the low-cost Turkish surgeons.

shookwun

Reaction score
I've been in contact with Dr Cinik , he used to be in partnership with Dr Acar at Cosmedica but branched away it seems. Do you know the reasons behind this @Assemblage23 or @shookwun ? They both offer the same price of 1990 Euro for up to 5000 grafts. I quite like Cinik's demeanour and he seems like a genuine guy.
your first mistake would be attempting to be cheap, in an already cheap place

1999 EURO 2000-5000 FUE grafts :rolleyes:

Fue CHOP shops.

Special, half price. get it while you can :D

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one else is responding to me lol.

Like @Assemblage23 said previously , I've also seen good results with him. He'll only have to do half the work considering I only need 2000-2500 grafts hah.

Hes offered me this month 27th free, might take it up

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not considering strip surgery at all?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not considering strip surgery at all?

Well I'm going to Turkey, which is predominately FUE? Most pioneers of FUT are in North America?

I havn't seen many FUT's, they are underrated though it seems.

Have booked in with Dr Cinik. Panicked for a sec when I forgot about Visa's, checked and lucky my country doesn't require one.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are some solid FUT guys in Switzerland too. FUT is still the best choice for a first surgery. Better for your long term strategy, the actual scar is not a big deal and FUE can leave you with nasty bald spots in the donor area. And the yield is better.

Good luck with Cinik he's showing some good stuff for a ridiculously inexpensive price.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on your photos I would not get anything done, this is crazy.

I have to say, I took another look and although the photos are absolutely terrible and none show the state of the hairline I would agree that I don't see room for 2500 grafts here. A small lowering of the hairline and stronger temple points could be done for 1500 in this case.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
No my hairline is becoming decimated, I move it forward by wrinkling my forehead out of habbit, Heres a better pic. Temple points also need work. I think dense packing 2000 grafts would hopefully give me a solid hairline. How many cm2 should I be getting? 50?

upload_2017-3-4_19-47-43.png

Last edited:

ztoz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am happy to hear it worked out in the end @ztoz , I am also worried about that, travelling just over the ditch from you.

May I ask who your transplant was originally booked with & who you went to after at such short notice?
Follow-up to my post , my blood pressure tested in Australia a few days ago , 120/60 perfect blood pressure as usual , the first clinic said 150/40 , I am bit confused who actually did the operation at the hospital as they never issued any receipts or provided any paper work printed , the after care instructions were only hand written on a scrap of paper and the doctor could not speak english nor could the hospital reception
After the first clinic would not do the operation due to my blood pressure , I rang a few phone numbers and about 10 pm at night while sleeping in my hotel room, I received a phone call from Britain , the caller with a very strong British accent who said he could not understand my accent , he said , he would send someone down straight away to my hotel to take photos as they only had a operation time available the next day and it could go at any time and then a female from the clinic rang me and suggested the photography at that time of night and I was very tired .
I thought it was a scam so I said '' I would call back in the morning or call at your reception at 11 am in the morning. ''
In the morning I asked the hotel reception , if the address I had for the clinic was a full address and they said '' yes '' , in fact it was only the suburb address with a post code number , they said to me it would be quicker by train instead of taxi.
I found it hard to get on the train as there was no assistance at the station and no english speakers to help buy a ticket by machine . .
When I got off the train , I went to numerous offices and banks asking for assistance with out any help given due to no english speakers ..
By chance , I went into a medical clinic and after waiting while , a lady appears and she said to me she was was Russian and she does freelance interpretations for hair transplant clinics and plastic surgery .
She told me'' the phone never answered when phoned '', '' never heard of the clinic or address '',then all of a sudden as she was serving me a cup of tea , she gets a return call stating the clinic address and phone numbers have been changed and their driver would pick me up soon at her address , It was real luck that I meet her and she helped me as time was running out to get the the clinic .which was a long way away by car .
I went into the private hospital and the very pleasant young man who picked me up done the interpretations for the doctor , they did a full blood test and then he took me to a petrol service station to get the money in cash for the payment .
The price stated was only $999 usa for 3,500 grafts .
I went into a office and a male who was very well dressed in a suit and may have been the owner of the hospital took the money but no receipt was given ..
There seem to be numerous patients in the clinic who appeared to be all Turkish having hair transplants by many different doctors as I saw them while waiting for my operation with the finished dressings on their heads
My operation took about 9 hours and I was told my surgeon had 8 years experience and was helped by two assistant , one male and one female , the male appeared to be from Iraq,and he done most of the work .
The hospital appeared modern , what I did notice was their non-work clothes such as jumpers and cardigans on the tables near where the surgery occurs which is a no-no , if the rooms is going to be 100% sterile , the items should not be left in the surgery area , although it was not a issue for me to complain about . .
It was like torture lying on the operating for nine hours as the table was only very basic and I had to lay on a thin rolled up towel to support my neck for the extraction and then had to lay on the donor extraction site on a thin rolled up towel for the transplant , It was the most uncomfortable nine hours of my life and I said '' that I couldn't bear the uncomfortable position any longer near to the end of the procedure ''.
It is just over 4 weeks since the operation and the hair is growing very quickly , thick and the density appears extremely close without any inflamed areas , it appears to be a very good job done at a very low price , only time will tell .

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
You literally had to resort to finding someone off the street to do your transplant. Hope it works out for you, very very risky!

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will have the surgery on Tuesday, then back to work on Monday, 5 day recovery time. Will I still look like a zombie first day back? @shookwun @Assemblage23

Also will Dr Cinik discuss density of grafts? Eg 40-50cm2 ? I also have a somewhat itchy scalp around my donor area, haven't shaved my hair for 15 years. Could the irritation I have there effect their extraction of grafts?

shookwun

Reaction score
Lol, do you seriously think you will be able to go back to work after five days?

Should of scheduled at minimum two weeks off to recover. Ideally a month if you want to go back looking like your former self with a bit off dermmatch, and make up to mask the residual pink, and redness.

Depending on how well your post operative situation is you could be left with moderate or extendive scabbing. Either way you will still have significant scabs, and redness at day 5.

By day 6-7 I massage the scabs off gently in a circular motion. At his stage the grafts are entirely secure, and would require a surgical instrument to dislodge.

You didn't realy think this through. If you think you can shave your head and go back to work after five days......lol. call your bOSS and ask for n extention because you will need it