Transdermal Hair Transplant, Is It A Possibility Or Not?

CuriosityInbound

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it be possible to insert transdermally tiny metal pieces that synthetic/natural hair will be breaking the skin from?

Like these but tiny. Each implant plate holding a number of follicles attached to it trandermally?

Follicles that will be able to be changed when they wear out and when people brush your hair they won't feel the implant since it is going under skin and is very thin.

T2s3fiD.png

Just to show how it is done now for illustration purposes:

rsEwTzW.png

These metal pieces will be very thin and under skin of course and sprouting hairs instead of pikes.

kirklandism

Reaction score
In theory, yes, you could populate the scalp with tiny metal plates implanted under the skin to hold synthetic follicles. However, you would have to insert thousands of tiny plates to get close to the density of real scalp hair, or even the illusion of. At some point, these plates would start to crowd with each other and you run the risk of too much trauma to the scalp with the insertion of so many devices. If you went with bigger plates and a broader area of follicles per plate, you run the risk of creating a doll's hair look.

Kinda cool thinking outside of the box, though.

CuriosityInbound

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, like that but with either tiny plate holding 1 follicle (like a tiny piercing) or larger thin plate holding more follicles. Basically will be like trans-dermal hair system with possibility of changing hairs if they wear out and not having to reattach them often plus you won't feel them when you run fingers through this system. Also won't be afraid of water, wind, tugging, etc

CuriosityInbound

My Regimen
Reaction score
They just discovered how to clone hair so this is pointless

Not to mention your head will be heavy

Who and where discovered and proved the concept of safe hair cloning?

Why would your head be heavy, it is possible to use titanium for these plates and they will be very thin like 1-2mm thin. I am just curios about opinions of people and if someone has more knowledge possible complications and hurdles for this approach.

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who and where discovered and proved the concept of safe hair cloning?

Why would your head be heavy, it is possible to use titanium for these plates and they will be very thin like 1-2mm thin. I am just curios about opinions of people and if someone has more knowledge possible complications and hurdles for this approach.
Our Lord and saviour tsuji has discovered the technology of hair cloning. He is currently running pre-clinical trials, and will move on to human trials in March 2019 if I remember correctly. They aim to commercialize it in 2020.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Our Lord and saviour tsuji has discovered the technology of hair cloning. He is currently running pre-clinical trials, and will move on to human trials in March 2019 if I remember correctly. They aim to commercialize it in 2020.

How long it will be for human trial ? commercialization in 2020 is super godspeed

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was researching this a few years ago and went down the route of a plate with titanium threads. These threads exist and can be bought in China but I quickly realised this was beyond me and my resources.

It’s awesone to see other people thinking about it as a solution. I was also thinking about magnets but learned that they loose their magnatism after a while.

Definitely like the thinking out of the box!

DanielDüsentrieb

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And nobody know for sure if it’ll “actually” work right?

We know that he is able to clone functional follicles. They were producing human hair on a mouse.
We know that you can extract a hair follicle and re-implant it on a human without problems. (Hairtransplants)

If you put both together you can quite savely assume it will work.
Of course nothing is a 100% sure but the odds are on our side this time.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah lemme screw fifty thousand of those into my scalp real quick brb

A better way is for hair pieces to evolve and stop being this pathetic thick shitty lace with synthetic hair and hypoallergenic glue that magically screws your scalp and gives you free dermatitis.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah lemme screw fifty thousand of those into my scalp real quick brb

A better way is for hair pieces to evolve and stop being this pathetic thick shitty lace with synthetic hair and hypoallergenic glue that magically screws your scalp and gives you free dermatitis.

Or not

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I understand Anthony Hopkins is a very convincing actor but metal screws in the real world hurt a lot and hurt more under certain pressure or weather conditions. It’s just not going to happen. Ever. Like literally never ever. Forget it. Erase it from memory. Give it up. Let it go.

I’m off to see Hellraiser, ttyl.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You wouldn't want to go out in a lightening storm with a so much metal in you head!;)

You can also get synthetic hair implanted already so I don't see the need.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
You wouldn't want to go out in a lightening storm with a so much metal in you head!;)

You can also get synthetic hair implanted already so I don't see the need.

Exactly and even that method is very prone to be rejected by the body and lead to horrible infection.I don’t even want to know what thousands of tiny metal plates will do.

Also the maintenance must be insane.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ultra thin lace, 3D hair follicles, new kind of durable glue for prolonged use without leaks and odor, undetectability. If I have to choose between wearing a perfect hair piece for 3-6 months before having to go to the clinic for replacement and taking finasteride, I’ll gladly do the first. I wouldn’t mind wearing a hair piece for the rest of my life as long as it met certain criteria. But it won’t be happening any time soon.