Touch-ups For Frontline Wearer - Weekly Routine

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi¸

18 days wearing and my journey was far from smooth, in a good way, because I've learned a lot. Big problems with the frontline lifting after 24h. With the support of some members here, I realized that I was doing it wrong and I think that now I've got a good grasp of how to attach the frontline properly with glue. I, for sure, may need more experimenting but this is the first time I've attached for more than 72h without any important lift.

My problem now is that I have had a tiny lift on two spots, about 1 or 2 mm deep and 1/2 inch large. Nothing really visible. I assume that I have reached the touch-up milestone.
I have had some glue dirt this morning that I managed to clean with a wet q-tip, but I think that weaken the bond at the very front.

My questions for those who expose their frontline:
  1. How long does it take you to touch-up your frontline? Are 2 or 3 days ok?
  2. How long does it take you to reattach the front? I understand that it gets dirty at some points and it requires to be redone. I think that it will take me around 20 min and I'm ok with it.
  3. I just realized that those that claim that they de-re once a week or every 2 weeks still have to do some maintenance. Be it, some touch-ups or reattaching the frontline. Am I correct?
In short, what is your weekly routine?

Thank you,

Noah

Reaction score
It's a funny thing, but my experience is that the problem of lacelifts largely disappears with time. I can't say why - maybe you just get better at the application process so you apply the glue more evenly and are less likely to miss a bit. Or maybe your head gets used to the piece and begins to sweat less. Or maybe you just stop fretting about tiny details that no one but you would notice. Whatever the reason, I don't really have to deal with lacelift much. Maybe once or twice a month. Every morning I give my hairline a tug just to make sure it's all sound, but it almost always is. Then if I'm going out in the evening it gets another tug. But in general, with doing weekly bonds, I don't find I need to do clean-ups on the hairline or lift repairs.

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah, thank you for the feedback. I think I may have to experiment more, probably try another glue.
What do you mean by "you give your hairline a tug"?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I find that with my weekly routine ( as glue or tapes don't last more that a week for me) I need to touch up lifting hairline once during that time ( so every 3-4 days..)
I then have to clean scalp with alcohol which deepens or widens the spot to reglue.... then use a tiny brush to apply glue to forehead ( a toothpick works wonders) As Noah mentions, I think that fussing too much for newbies can be an issue. I sometime live with the minor lift and just use the tooth of comb to reposition the lace. ( glue does move a bit. so I take a comb and press from back to front )