Totally Stopped hair loss For 15 Years. Now Loosing Like Crazy. Why?

goulou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quite hard to tell as I've been on these meds for so long...
I remember having at first my semen a bit more watery, and maybe having my hard-ons a little tad softer, but this lasted for about 2 weeks a'd it has never been a problem. No gyno of course.
I made some lab tests 6 months ago and I have high testosterone. This might be because of the treatment. Maybe I'm more nervous because of that... Or maybe it's just my children getting o' my nerves... :) I don't really know... What I know is that I started at around 21,and it has never been a problem...

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probabbly is just the meds not working anymore, the classic "catch up". Sad, but hey, 15 years is a record.

Also, testorone going higher due dutasteride brings any risk to health? Shouldn't dutasteride shrink the prostate? Doesn't T enlarge it?

goulou

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just know that dutasteride stops the conversion from testosterone to DHT, so there is more testosterone left. Yes, I think too much testostérone is not very good for health...

jazz1

Reaction score
You change brands on the Dutasteride medication or minoxidi? I agree RU58841 would be the best bet.

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I've been on my new regimen for 10 days : added daily 1mg finasteride to my 2/week 0,5mg dutasteride and I can definitely say that the pain I've been having this last year each time I pulled slightly my hair is gone.
My "pull pain profile" is back to normal, when my hairloss was stopped.

I can definitely say that this pain has always been associated with hairloss with me, and the lack of pain with halting my hairloss.

So this smells very good... I will see the evolution but I am 85% confident that I've found (for now) the solution.

Didn't expect this as my DHT levels were already sub-normal but I gladly take the surprise...

I'll let you know how things are going...
goulou, you said you were on Dutasteride for 15 years, and this latest post you said you added daily 1mg finasteride to 2/week 0.5 Dutasteride. Does that mean for 15 years you have only been taking 2 Dutasteride pills a week? Why not just up your Dutasteride to daily?

I ask because I've been on daily Avodart (Dutasteride) for like 17 years and losing ground bad. I've never tried Finasteride but considered adding it. But my daily cadence would be much higher then yours.

goulou

My Regimen
Reaction score
goulou, you said you were on Dutasteride for 15 years, and this latest post you said you added daily 1mg finasteride to 2/week 0.5 Dutasteride. Does that mean for 15 years you have only been taking 2 Dutasteride pills a week? Why not just up your Dutasteride to daily?

I ask because I've been on daily Avodart (Dutasteride) for like 17 years and losing ground bad. I've never tried Finasteride but considered adding it. But my daily cadence would be much higher then yours.
Yes I was on dutasteride twice a week for 15 years. I did that because it was still more efficient than finasteride (on paper) but the cost was lower and at that time dutasteride was a pretty new drug so I didn't want to take too much.

I've decided to add finasteride because
- in my country everyday dutasteride is expensive
- I've seen a few articles about the effectiveness of duta + fina
- For some reason I happen to have 9 months of finasteride treatment in my pharmacy...
- I just saw recently that dutasteride is nowadays a quite safe treatment. But until like a month ago I didn't want to go to dutasteride everyday for safety reasons...

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I've always wondered if adding daily finasteride would help at all for someone like me, a daily dutasteride user.

goulou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, after more than 3 months on adding finasteride to dutasteride, it seems that... I was wrong...
My hairline is still getting worse and worse... I still have a lot of hair falling...
I've now added topical cetirizine since 2 weeks but am not very confident in all of this...
Watching how fast things are going, It seems that after saving all of my hair from 21 to 39 years old, I'm now going to loose almost everything in about 5 years... Very frustrating... And hard to understand...

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, after more than 3 months on adding finasteride to dutasteride, it seems that... I was wrong...
My hairline is still getting worse and worse... I still have a lot of hair falling...
I've now added topical cetirizine since 2 weeks but am not very confident in all of this...
Watching how fast things are going, It seems that after saving all of my hair from 21 to 39 years old, I'm now going to loose almost everything in about 5 years... Very frustrating... And hard to understand...

Ah, that sucks. I feel your pain - i started losing it at 23/ 24, but finasteride completely stopped my hairloss until...39/ 40 years old, when i started to lose ground again. Last summer (aged 41) i added RU, which seems to do something to at least slow down further loss.