Toppik - What am I doing wrong?

MillerFan

Reaction score
A little about my background thus far - I have had three transplant sessions with pretty decent results, although I was hoping that Toppik would give me better apparent density, especially given the positive posts that I have found on this website. I recently received my order from Toppik and gave it a try, but all it seemed to do was make it look like my scalp was dirty, the the Toppik seemed to form little clumps, even when patted down and brushed. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, because my results don't look a whole lot different than if I had rubbed my scalp with a lump of Kingsford charcoal.

Thanks in advance!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Maybe your toppic is faulty has it been in contact with moisture eg kept in the bathroom? Post some pics and I could give you a better answer.

talon39

Reaction score
I just received my first order of hairsoreal. I'm also having a bad result. In the videos online that effect is amazing. I have diffused thinning similar to the guys I see in all the videos, but when I putt the HairSoReal on my hair, it doesn't stick to the hair. It just falls through the hair and settles on my scalp like dust. I have more hair than many of the guys you see in the videos, but I definitely am not getting the same result. The stuff just wont stick to my hair.

I bleached my hair blonde. Could this cause the HairSoReal not to stick? I have try several times.. I will dust the stuff on my hair and is looks like it might be sticking in my hair.. If I try to pat in in a little, it instantly falls to the scalp. I also tried to spray is first, however the t moment my hair moves, the stuff falls to down to my scalp and looks like a thick layer of saw dust on my scalp.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
talon39 said:
I just received my first order of hairsoreal. I'm also having a bad result. In the videos online that effect is amazing. I have diffused thinning similar to the guys I see in all the videos, but when I putt the HairSoReal on my hair, it doesn't stick to the hair. It just falls through the hair and settles on my scalp like dust. I have more hair than many of the guys you see in the videos, but I definitely am not getting the same result. The stuff just wont stick to my hair.

I bleached my hair blonde. Could this cause the HairSoReal not to stick? I have try several times.. I will dust the stuff on my hair and is looks like it might be sticking in my hair.. If I try to pat in in a little, it instantly falls to the scalp. I also tried to spray is first, however the t moment my hair moves, the stuff falls to down to my scalp and looks like a thick layer of saw dust on my scalp.

duh......

CIT

Reaction score
Did you say that you tried spray? You should use hair spray to hold it.

travis5818

Reaction score
Bumping this thread because it is exactly what I feel is happening to me with my first application of toppik today.

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of replies to this thread though. Surely someone else has this problem as well?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Like I said before your fibres could be faulty or maybe you're not applying it correctly hold at least 7/8" from your head.

travis5818

Reaction score
Thanks saf! It looks a lot better holding it at least 6-8 inches above my head. I didn't know you had to do that since the bottle didn't say anything about it.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's like garnishing food: hold your shaker high so it falls evenly and spreads out.

Also, be sure to brush it in. Don't be afraid to mess it up with your hands too.

s.a.f

Reaction score
It says in the instructions you're not suppossed to brush or it wont stick to the hair, comb your hair first then apply and just use your hands to pat it down and style it abit.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
also,shake the can before you apply,something about static.............

MonarchyB

Reaction score
Make sure your hair is clean and well combed.

I find that sprinkling the tub at an angle is much more efficient than pointing the tub directly downwards onto the hair.

There is also a chance that the tub was part of a faulty batch which is quite common.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hans Gruber said:
also,shake the can before you apply,something about static.............
Not neccessary, the fibres are only static charged upon exiting the mesh grill at the top of the tub.