Toppik v. Dermatch for hairlines.

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read thru alot of posts about this subject & most of the ones I've seen say Dermatch is better then Toppik for hairlines. Why do people say that? I've never used a conceler before and I just need a small amount for my hairline..I read the review on this site for Toppik (they didn't even have a review for Dermatch) and Toppik looks awesome..so what is so much better about Dermatch?

bodysnatcher

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into reviews unless you are 100% sure that the reviewer is independant, search these forums for reviews, pay particular attention to the moderators and experienced posters, they know their stuff.

Goingat20

Reaction score
for hairlines i would suggest dermatch. Toppik is great concealer also, but once you get the hang of dermatch there is no going back

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you used them both for your hairline? I like to wear my hair pulled back and my hairline isn't bad..but in the right light I don't feel comfortable so I figured one of these would help me greatly so I just need a touch up on the sides of my hairline basically...why do you say Dermatch is better for hairlines?

Goingat20

Reaction score
my bro uses them both. Dermatch seemed to work better for his hairline. Toppik is like a powder so its hard to achieve a perfect hairline, with dermatch you apply it directlt to the hair so it might be easier

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Ive used both and they are both great products. I have to give it to dermatch to be better for the hairline though.

G

can you tell me this: can you use dermmatch in the hair? so can you put it in the hair not on your scalp and will it make your hair looking thicker?

if yes, can you see it?

thx!

CCS

Reaction score
I've seen people with both

I never used either, but I saw a guy who used something to color his scalp (dermatch, perhaps), and a guy who used something to thinken his hair (topik, perhaps). Both had black hair, though the second guy had died it from blond. I spotted the first guy's cover up (one of my college instructors) because I noticed his hair line was higher in the center than on the corners, and thought that looked a little odd. I then focused in and could tell he had colored his scalp. The classroom lights were not very bright above him, so I don't know how he'd look in day light. I did not spot the topik in another guy's hair. It made his hair look thick, though he had plenty of thin hairs to put it on. It does not work if you don't have some hairs there. I knew about it because he showed it to me. He pinched his hair and pulled some of the powder off and showed it to me. So I guess it is not superglued on like they advertize. It is important to match your hair color to the stuff, and unless you use a good dye, most dyes are pretty obvious. I hope that helps.

G

im using kerasome. but you can see it. not because the color doesnt match but you just see it. at least that my mother and dad tell me. if i look in the mirror, i dont see it and on fotos you dont see it either.

i dunno. do you guys think you can see kerasome or toppik or other stuff?