Toppik up close

epictetus

Reaction score
Are any of the microfiber products (Toppik, Nanogen, etc.) detectable with an up close inspection?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm going to stick my neck out here as I'm a newbie, but I'm going to say that it all depends on how you apply it. There are people on here who make it undetectable, but others, like myself who have only used it a couple of times can make it look like someones poured coal on your head. Trial and error is what the more experienced will tell you on here. It varies from person to person.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Esprit said:
it all depends on how you apply it. There are people on here who make it undetectable, but others, like myself who have only used it a couple of times can make it look like someones poured coal on your head. Trial and error is what the more experienced will tell you on here. It varies from person to person.

Exactly, the fibres are microscopic so when properly dispersed through the hair its impossible to see them with the naked eye, but if they are not dispersed and poured onto the scalp they just become piles of powder.

epictetus

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered from http://www.hair-tek.com.

Right now I'm using clippers at a #2. I'll probably let it grow out to a #4. I think I have a plausible explanation if I'm "caught" using it. I can just pass it off as clipper shavings. Or is that as lame as a theater accident leaving a massive transplant scar? :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
epictetus said:
I went ahead and ordered from http://www.hair-tek.com.

Right now I'm using clippers at a #2. I'll probably let it grow out to a #4. I think I have a plausible explanation if I'm "caught" using it. I can just pass it off as clipper shavings. Or is that as lame as a theater accident leaving a massive transplant scar? :)

Just dont pour it on and you wont get caught, my jars last me 2/3 months and I can bet that compared to my all over hair transplant super thin density yours is probably nowhere near as bad.
Dont go by those instructional video's they are terrible, they just want you to get through a jar every week to keep the $'s rolling in.
And always use a lighter colour its only the darkest colours that really show up against the skin.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Saf, Interesting you say that about the colours, On the shopping channel, the bloke from Super Million says if you are unsure of colour, always go a shade darker! I totally agree with you though, I have med brown, and the toppik was practically black

s.a.f

Reaction score
Definately always go lighter. And dont pour it on like they do otherwise you'll end up looking like Jason Alexander in Shallow Hal.

[attachment=0:3u7ztbbu]photo_09.jpg[/attachment:3u7ztbbu]

Attachments

• photo_09.jpg
    photo_09.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2,784

loscott28

Reaction score
Saf, Interesting you say that about the colours, On the shopping channel, the bloke from Super Million says if you are unsure of colour, always go a shade darker! I totally agree with you though, I have med brown, and the toppik was practically black

I actually buy the med brown and dark brown and mix them together in the same container. It looks pretty good.