Toppik not sticking

atlasofangeles

Reaction score
Hi,

I can't figure out Toppik. One day it works great and other days it wont stick to my hair and comes off super easy. What gives why does it work on some days and not on others?

Any suggestions or tricks besides hairspray? I can't figure it out.

Thanks,
A

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you tried spraying your hair with a little hairspray before putting on your Toppik? That might help a little.

Of course, if you don't want to use hairspray that wouldn't help. The only other thing I could suggest is maybe try shaking the bottle to give it more static charge, since it is supposed to stick that way. Don't know if it would help, but worth a shot.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you use the spray applicator? I use it and it's well worth it.

Also, the toppik hairspray works pretty well too. A lot of people pan it on this board, but I think for the price and the fact that it doesn't smell, it's a wise investment.

I've also heard of those rubbing their hair with a balloon, getting a static charge then spraying. I haven't done this myself so I can't verify.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I find it works best when my hair is a little damp. I apply it after I take a shower, I dry my hair with a towel first but not completely then I apply the toppik and rub it through my hair. Yes my hands are black afterwards but then I just wash them.

Reaction score
Use any oil to massage your scalp before you use it, the reason toppik works best if you dont wash your hair is because your natural sebum forms a viscose layer on your hair and when you wash it you lose the oil, so instead of waiting for your head to greece up use an nice oil, i personally find olive oil is the best and its good for the hair as well, toppik does not stick to clean hair. They have a toppik stick spray but since it has alcohol they can't ship it anywhere out side the US and i am from India, so i had to invent my own ways by trial and error.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
HairPlzzComeBack said:
Use any oil to massage your scalp before you use it, the reason toppik works best if you dont wash your hair is because your natural sebum forms a viscose layer on your hair and when you wash it you lose the oil, so instead of waiting for your head to greece up use an nice oil, i personally find olive oil is the best and its good for the hair as well, toppik does not stick to clean hair. They have a toppik stick spray but since it has alcohol they can't ship it anywhere out side the US and i am from India, so i had to invent my own ways by trial and error.

This is true as well, if I don't wash my hair for a day or two the toppik does stick better and looks more natural.

Reaction score
reckless said:
HairPlzzComeBack said:

This is true as well, if I don't wash my hair for a day or two the toppik does stick better and looks more natural.

Let me know when you try it with oil.