Toppik, Nanogen or Organin - which is the best?

Reaction score
I've had good experiences with Toppik, but it is a bit expensive. I just read a posting about Nanogen here. Is it just as good as Toppik? How about Organin.
This seems to be sold only by Folica.com. Anyone try all three and care to share a comparison?

I keep reading here about Dermmatch. Some of the reviews on other sites mention that it runs down the face if you perspire, or it your hair gets wet. Is that the case? How long does it take to apply?

Mane Man

Reaction score
Have used toppik for ages. Now using Nanogen - sticks better to hair IMO.

Dermmatch is basically boot polish, but a bit more powdery. So there was something to be said for bootpolish! Antway it is for colouring the scalp. I use it with nanogen and get good results.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
You should try a product called hairsoreal.
http://www.thinninghairsolution.com/?OV ... 7400107021
It's just as good as any of the others and is only half the price.
I used it before shaving my dome and it was every bit as effective as the other, more expensive stuff.
And if you order from that site, there is no charge for shipping and handling.

SuperMeh

Established Member
Reaction score
With respect to the above opinion I do not think hairsoreal is a good a product as Nanogen, cannot compare to Toppik as I've not used.

I ordered some last month instead of nano, the price is so much better, and it even seems to last longer which was brilliant, however for the first time ever using concealers it seems to not adhere to my hair like nanogen did, Nanogen has NEVER let me down, I was really impressed with hairsoreal until I checked in the morning after a.. busy night and realised a lot of it had gone, I hoped this was a one off but happened again..

Still impressed with it re: size and price, I'm going to be using nano if I expect someone to be messing my hair up all night though ^_^. Still quite a good product.

1 last thing, nanogen (I believe) doesn't have the ammonium chloride in it like HSR/Toppik, I am a tiny bit concerned about it, as small amounts of this stuff does fly around the room like dust, I have to clean my mirror a lot these days, haha. Don't personally believe it's good to be breathing it in in this form..

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I've used Toppik and found that hairsoreal was every bit as effective. It's also half the price. I'm just relating my experience, but honestly I saw no difference when it came to how each product looked and stayed in place. At very least the person who started this thread could give hairsoreal a try and see if he likes it. There's no reason to spend a bunch more on a bigger name product if something else will do the trick for much less money.

SuperMeh

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. I'm saying nano is a step above toppik/HSR though =]

My opinion is HSR is still a good one though, but as I stated, some shortcomings compared to nano, so more than 50% cheaper though.

Reaction score
I checked around the web and this seems to be the official site for Hairsoreal:

http://hairsorealllc.com

Nowhere could I find the ingredients or the size of the bottle in ounces or grams.
It seems that Toppik and Spencer Forrest hae been joined by some competition in the field of fiber concealers. Does Hairsoreal claim to be Keratin, too? Does the label on the product state where it's manufactured?

At the very least, it might be a decent purchase for use as a concealer if you plan to use it for half a day or so before showering and shampooing.

Checking Folica.com again, I noticed that there's a few more fiber concealers available. Take a look at some of these:

Super Million Hair - $40

http://www.folica.com/Super_Million_H_d942.html

Nexgen
inexpensive with mixed reviews

http://www.folica.com/Nexgen_Hair_Bui_d4465.html

Mega Thik - $30 for 25 grams
http://www.folica.com/Mega_THIK_Hair__d2639.html

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
From the site I ordered it, I think I got 25 grams for fifteen dollars, with no charge for shipping and handling. At very least, people should try that product before spending so much more on the others.

Reaction score
thetodd said:
From the site I ordered it, I think I got 25 grams for fifteen dollars, with no charge for shipping and handling. At very least, people should try that product before spending so much more on the others.

Does the label on the bottle list the ingredients, and the name and address of the manufacturer?

mickeyblueyes

Reaction score
Toppik has gone down hill in my eyes been using now for about 5 years and have noticed in the last year or so the black toppik just is not consistant sometimes your get great match with a batch and then your get a batch that just looks blue especially in sunlight.

Have to mix it with dark brown but still not great. shame because it was a good product don't know where they went wrong. :shakehead:

Giving nanogen a try and few others iv seen avertised jebus the alot cheaper aswell. :punk:

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair Potion #9 said:
thetodd said:

Does the label on the bottle list the ingredients, and the name and address of the manufacturer?
I don't know since the bottle was thrown away once it was empty. It lasted me for a long time and I found it to be the same quality as Toppik. Check the link I posted several posts back. The only reason I'm not still using it is that I opted to shave my head completely bald for awhile. Otherwise I'd still be using it along with prothik.