Toppik Hair Optimizer

stereomike

Reaction score
Has anybody tried this? Does it make applying toppik to the hair line easier? I have a hard time applying it to the front on my hair.

Thanks

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
It makes things a little easier, but it doesn't really give you the 'natural hairline' look unless you have some length up top.

G

Does it work well for someone who has his hairline intact but is loosing frontal hair an inch behind the hairline at the top ?

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
YES!!!!! I'm 24 and my hair sems to be slightly thinning. I've had my hair pushed foward and spiked at the front, I do this style with either gel or pomade (Reddken Rewind pomade washes off making ur hair feel silky not gunky and hard like regular gels, reccomended). I used to be able to do this style just fine but now you can sort of see my scalp and thinning hair. TOPPIK works miracles with geled hair!!! Of course for me Toppik would be garbage without the Toppik Spray Maximizer http://www.spencerforrest.com/atm/index.asp for the frontal area because that's where the thinning is for me. I have black hair so finding the right shade hasn't been much of a problem for me.

After I gel and style my hair all I do is puff a few sprays into my problem areas and my hair is dramatically fuller!! It's sooo quick and easy! (I know I sound like a commercial but it's true) I don't need hairspray because it sticks onto my gel or pomade. The maximizer spray is only about 20 bux and its definatly worth the investment, its made of good quality and should last many years (just wish it was smaller). Toppik alone would be garbage (at least for me) without this little nifty invention, it allows my to spray in precise areas (with no mess).

1 thing I'm worried about with Toppik is getting caught in the rain or something, but since I've always styled my hair with gel I would avoid getting caught in the rain weather I was thinning or not. The only other problem is when I scratch my head I'd have black stuff on my fingers, but again since I'm a "hair gel" guy I've always been the "don't touch my hair" type of guy. But by far for the average day of my life this stuff has just been a life saver.

I seem to have a tiny bald spot in the center of my forhead where I noticed recently that toppik sometimes doesn't stick onto. For that, I have been using Couvre. I don't use that sponge because it is crap. Instead I reccomend using disposable latex gloves (that i sometimes reuse) to just put a dab on my finger and rub it in and no one has noticed anything yet. The latex gloves can be a bit of a pain (tho far better and quicker to apply than sponge) and I'm not a huge fan of Couvre's slight but distinct scent. I actually just read about DermMatch here today and am considering purchasing it eventhough I just bought a new bottle of Couvre. I'm not sure how Couvre or DermMatch are any different but I think at the very least those little applicators will come in handy in order to give that "fading" effect in the very frontal region making it more natural.