Toppik Hair Fibers Really Suck Sometimes

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At times I use Toppik...when I go out.
But I dont like the fibrehold spray. Its never a fine mist.
Am wondering what the alternative could be? Hairspray perhaps?

Keratin Brotherhood

My Regimen
Reaction score
At times I use Toppik...when I go out.
But I dont like the fibrehold spray. Its never a fine mist.
Am wondering what the alternative could be? Hairspray perhaps?

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm not sure what kind of hair you two have, but this video is targeted toward black guys. In my case, the Fiberhold spray from toppik and hair sprays did not keep the fibers in place well enough for me. That's why I switched over to pomade.

DJ @ www.kbhood.com

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm white with long thin hair. I have a classic combover style. The best method for applying with me is to :
  • Wash my hair
  • Apply dermmatch while it's still damp (Not a lot, you can still see my scalp a little because it's wet)
  • Blowdry my hair for less than a minute (Hair is mainly dry but is dark from the water) Use a comb during with long bristles to make the hair look thick.
  • Apply a pomade (This is to keep my hair still dark and helps with the Toppik/Caboki sticking)
  • Apply Toppik/Caboki
  • Tresseme hairspray (Moderate hold. Not a lot or it will shine too much. The pomade that's in there will hold it too so you don't need much)

Even when I'm in the shower washing it off, it is really hard to get the dermmatch and toppik to come out until I put shampoo in it. So I'm not worried much if it rains or is drizzling. It's not ideal, but I don't freak out.

Keratin Brotherhood

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm white with long thin hair. I have a classic combover style. The best method for applying with me is to :
  • Wash my hair
  • Apply dermmatch while it's still damp (Not a lot, you can still see my scalp a little because it's wet)
  • Blowdry my hair for less than a minute (Hair is mainly dry but is dark from the water) Use a comb during with long bristles to make the hair look thick.
  • Apply a pomade (This is to keep my hair still dark and helps with the Toppik/Caboki sticking)
  • Apply Toppik/Caboki
  • Tresseme hairspray (Moderate hold. Not a lot or it will shine too much. The pomade that's in there will hold it too so you don't need much)

Even when I'm in the shower washing it off, it is really hard to get the dermmatch and toppik to come out until I put shampoo in it. So I'm not worried much if it rains or is drizzling. It's not ideal, but I don't freak out.
Nice regimen, pephair! I’ve always been curious about dermmatch.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
  • Wash my hair
  • Apply Toppik/Caboki

Thanks for sharing your method in details.
Do you think it will work well on my disgusting crown?should I put the pomade on the skin of the crown?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190216-230054_Camera.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190216-230054_Camera.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 470
  • SmartSelect_20190216-230137_Camera.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190216-230137_Camera.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 405
  • SmartSelect_20190216-230227_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190216-230227_Gallery.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 460

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your method in details.
Do you think it will work well on my disgusting crown?should I put the pomade on the skin of the crown?

You have very minimal hairloss. I would use Caboki or Toppik for your situation. Also I would use a Ketoconazole shampoo to get your dandruff under control. Also a haircut lol.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice regimen, pephair! I’ve always been curious about dermmatch.
I used to only use Toppik, but I would have to apply so much that it started not looking the best in sunlight. So now I just do half toppik half dermmatch and it looks great.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have very minimal hairloss. I would use Caboki or Toppik for your situation. Also I would use a Ketoconazole shampoo to get your dandruff under control. Also a haircut lol.

Do you have any before/after hair fibers pic?

This guy claims that this a toppik before/after result!

SmartSelect_20190218-043837_Chrome.jpg

Can it really do this?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s a nightmare using any fibers and also trying to incorporate a hairloss regime like Minoxidil or Sandalore. The fibers have to be washed out every evening, if you stand a chance at regrowth.

Keratin Brotherhood

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use minoxidil twice a day with fiber so. I admit it’s a hassle, but a rather minor inconvenience compared to the alternative.

DJ

Keratin Brotherhood

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah yes sorry I misunderstood.

I apply minoxidil and fibers in the morning. In the evening, I wash the fibers out of my hair and reapply minoxidil.

Every once in a while, circumstances dictate I leave the fibers in overnight, in which case I don’t apply minoxidil. I’ve tried applying minoxidil with fibers in before and it turns the fibers into garbage.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I apply the liquid minoxidil first, then blow dry it for about a minute until the propylene glycol evaporates. Then apply the fibers.
Just a heads up. I’m not sure how much of that minoxidil actually penetrates the scalp if you’re immediately blow drying it afterwards. They say it takes a few hours to actually settle in.

Keratin Brotherhood

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a heads up. I’m not sure how much of that minoxidil actually penetrates the scalp if you’re immediately blow drying it afterwards. They say it takes a few hours to actually settle in.

You’re absolutely correct. According to the literature, I am losing efficacy by blow drying it.

Angelo, T., et al. “Minoxidil Topical Treatment May Be More Efficient If Applied on Damp Scalp in Comparison with Dry Scalp.” Dermatologic Therapy, vol. 29, no. 5, 2016, pp. 330–333.​

Chia-Ming, Chiang, et al. “Bioavailability Assessment of Topical Delivery Systems: Effect of Vehicle Evaporation upon in Vitro Delivery of Minoxidil from Solution Formulations.” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 55, no. 2-3, 1989, pp. 229–236.​

But it’s either that, or don’t use it in the morning for me. I tested the foam minoxidil for a couple of months, but I’m one of the unlucky few it doesn’t work for.

DJ