Topical Zinc Thymulin For The Treatments Of Androgenetic Alopecia

AnArcticTaco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand the skepticism about the photos, but take into account that some of those “after” photos were taken at home, not by the doctor himself. They probably just sent them in to update their progress via email. Another thing to take into account that the average age of these patients was somewhere around 60 years old - and they had been experiencing hair loss for a decade or more. Not even dutasterise or castration drugs can bring back that hair in most cases. When the scalp becomes fibrotic and the blood vessels calcify, there is no way (that we know of) to bring back those follicles. I’m just excited to see what this will do for someone in the first stages of hair loss. Many of you might think this is a scam, but I don’t. He never claimed full regrowth. He also said many patients get frustrated and didnt use it long enough to see results - regrowth takes a long time. Even finasteride usually takes about 8-12 months for significant results.

This is the same type of mental gymnastics people used to cope with Brotzu.

"Oh the pics are bad because Brotzu is old, he doesn't know how to use a camera"

"Brotzu is such a reputable doctor no way he'd lie!"

"The brotzu presentation showed an old man who had hair loss for decades and look the lotion maintained!"

"Of course Brotzu can't regrow all your hair! ........but it can regrow 5 years worth of hair"

"6 months photos were too early, hair takes time"

The first big red flag was that the molecule itself is 850 daltons when the scalp can't absorb anything greater than 500 daltons and now we see a great break down of why this entire study is flawed.

So if you're going to buy this product, you're not buying it because it has effective research behind it or any definitive proof that it works. Instead you're just trusting a doctor in Australia you've never met. Idk about you guys but that to me is not a good reason to blow $550 lol Hell go buy a laser cap they have studies that also show efficacy but just like this doctor's study, they're extremely flawed.

Zenhead, I appreciate you giving this a shot for us but I do think it'd be best if we all saved our money and didn't let snakeoil salesmen like this guy take advantage of us.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I am going to give it a try. I will let you know how I get along! @ZenHead can you pm me when its ready? It may be worth asking the Dalton question but I think the answer is in the study if you read it.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the same type of mental gymnastics people used to cope with Brotzu.

"Oh the pics are bad because Brotzu is old, he doesn't know how to use a camera"

"Brotzu is such a reputable doctor no way he'd lie!"

"The brotzu presentation showed an old man who had hair loss for decades and look the lotion maintained!"

"Of course Brotzu can't regrow all your hair! ........but it can regrow 5 years worth of hair"

"6 months photos were too early, hair takes time"

The first big red flag was that the molecule itself is 850 daltons when the scalp can't absorb anything greater than 500 daltons and now we see a great break down of why this entire study is flawed.

So if you're going to buy this product, you're not buying it because it has effective research behind it or any definitive proof that it works. Instead you're just trusting a doctor in Australia you've never met. Idk about you guys but that to me is not a good reason to blow $550 lol Hell go buy a laser cap they have studies that also show efficacy but just like this doctor's study, they're extremely flawed.

Zenhead, I appreciate you giving this a shot for us but I do think it'd be best if we all saved our money and didn't let snakeoil salesmen like this guy take advantage of us.
I'm not trying this product because of one study from one doctor. I saw this study and began researching thymulin and peptides derived from the thymus, such as thymosin beta 4 / tb500. Let's take a look at the effects of that peptide: thymosin β4 can promote migration of cells, formation of blood vessels, maturation of stem cells, survival of various cell types and lowering of the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines.

Here's another study (Yes, in mice). http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0130040
And another. https://nyaspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1196/annals.1415.009

So saying that this peptide has no proof that it works isn't exactly true. Sure, this study might be the first to ever be conducted in humans - well, that's because this is a relatively new peptide that hasn't really had the time or exposure to run more trials. I understand your doubt and you have every reason to be skeptical, but please don't underestimate my judgement or ability to conduct the proper research to justify my reasoning in trying this treatment. Thanks.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I am going to give it a try. I will let you know how I get along! @ZenHead can you pm me when its ready? It may be worth asking the Dalton question but I think the answer is in the study if you read it.
I gotchu.

and about the question about the skin penetration: "The ZT is soluble in water and penetrates down the hair follicle to the bulge region where the stem cells reside by simple diffusion. The area is not keratinised within the hair follicle organ and thus does not prevent absorption."

Last edited:

AnArcticTaco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not trying this product because of one study from one doctor. I saw this study and began researching thymulin and peptides derived from the thymus, such as thymosin beta 4 / tb500. Let's take a look at the effects of that peptide: thymosin β4 can promote migration of cells, formation of blood vessels, maturation of stem cells, survival of various cell types and lowering of the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines.

Here's another study (Yes, in mice). http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0130040
And another. https://nyaspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1196/annals.1415.009

So saying that this peptide has no proof that it works isn't exactly true. Sure, this study might be the first to ever be conducted in humans - well, that's because this is a relatively new peptide that hasn't really had the time or exposure to run more trials. I understand your doubt and you have every reason to be skeptical, but please don't underestimate my judgement or ability to conduct the proper research to justify my reasoning in trying this treatment. Thanks.

Alright, man, I understand what you're saying. Best of luck and keep us posted.

NYM2018

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what’s the verdict on this product at this point, scam or not ?

I plan on proceeding with caution.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what’s the verdict on this product at this point, scam or not ?

I plan on proceeding with caution.
We can’t be sure.
But the thing looks very very scammy.

The smart thing would be to curb your enthusiasm, and wait till we know for sure. If you have the money, you could try it too.
Just don’t get on any hype train for now.

NZ_Guy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, had a chat to him about this product and I think the price is gonna come down to around $300-400 a year. He seems pretty authentic and a real nice genuine guy!

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
If be happy to give the Dr.. my hard earned $!..jusy need some people on here to report back with positive results.