Topical systemic absorption!

Bertie

Reaction score
The only problem I can see with Bryan's test is that you might be able to tell when you are eating the muffin with a finasteride tablet in it versus the muffins with no finasteride, which would make the test non-blind.

Another possibility might be something like this --
Smash up a Proscar tablet and put the resulting powder into a shotglass filled with vodka. Let it sit for a while so that the finasteride is dissolved. Then pour out the vodka evenly among 5 identical shotglasses, leaving the powder behind. Each of these shotglasses will then have about 1mg of finasteride in it. Then get 5 more shotglasses, identical to the first 5, and just pour vodka without finasteride into them, the same quantity of vodka that is in the first five. You can top off all ten shots so that they have the same amount of liquid in them. If powder got into any of the 5 finasteride samples then the test won't be blind, so you have to avoid that. Then do what Bryan said with having a friend number the glasses and bring you them one per day and record the results.

Actually, if you have a friend actually prepare the test samples without you being present, you probably don't even need to use identical containers to hold the 10 samples, as long as they all have the same amount of vodka in them.

Bertie

Reaction score
ugh said:
Will definitley do the test. Yet, no one has answered my question as to wether or not the topicals (spironolactone, rev and flurdil) can be absorbed systemically? Is it possible? yes or no?

Any topical solution whatsoever is systemically absorbed at least to some tiny degree. In the case of spironolactone, the amount absorbed is known to be low, and furthermore, once inside the body spironolactone is metabolized into weaker anti-androgens -- these two factors together are why people say that the chance of sides from topical spironolactone is extremely low.

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess I must be EXTREMELY sensitive to ANY amount of AA that enteres my bloodstream :cry:
Apparently fluridil does not break down when it hits an aqueous environment, atleast not right away. There must be a correlation as to why I get sides immediatley from finasteride and immediate sides from topicals...
I was thinking maybe I already have really low DHT, but if I did my hair wouldn't be falling out. Hmmm, I've got figure out something.