Topical systemic absorption!

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
So, in my quest to conquer hairloss I've resorted to topicals in order to try and prolong the inevitable. Fluridil, Topical spironolactone and Revivogen are all in my possesion to try...

First topical spironolactone, as I've said in other posts worked great, but gave me horrible sides.

Fluridil, supposedly the product that was "physcially unable" to give sides, gave me sides in four days of use.

Finally Revivogen...ahhh good old natural ingredients. Sides in six days of use.

My point is this: topical ARE abosorbed into your blood stream and yes they can and will give you side effects. I've been dealing with hair loss for ten years, the only thing that really works is inhibiting DHT. But folks the fact of the matter is men need DHT to function properly. That's what I've learned after all these years....at this point. We can't win. Just can't it sucks.

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
People are flaming the sh*t outta me for my claims about topicals causing systemic abosorption...in my case they really do!! The reason I'm posting this is not for sympathy, I want someone to tell my how this possible? Especially revivogen? I used it for a year in 06 and it seemed to work fine. I quit because I went through a massive shed and jumped back on finasteride even though it gave me itchy nips and limp dick, I just could not stand seeing all that hair fall out.
Now I've tried topical spironolactone, fluridil and revivogen with the same bullshit sides!! Has my body become hypersensitive to any antiandgrogen? For example I took .25mg of finasteride and had itchy nips hours later.
Not looking for sympathy!! I need to know how this is possible?

bubka

Reaction score
honestly, i think it is in your head, i bet if somebody have your a sugar pill the same thing would happen

it would be impossible to have "ichy nips" an hour later, no way you could start depositing fat on your tits that fast, sorry

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish it was man...I wish it was in my head. All though I don't have as many posts as some of the members here. I would be willing to bet that other than some of the mods and a few dudes on here...no one has been on anti-androgens as long as I have. I used to not get sides....but that was during the first year and half I was on them. I just want to understand what's different about my body now.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ugh said:
For example I took .25mg of finasteride and had itchy nips hours later.

LOL!!

Do a blinded placebo-controlled test on yourself, and see if you can duplicate that result! :wink:

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy, but its true. Another example occured a couple of weeks ago when I ws using topical spironolactone. I was getting sides so I thought that maybe applying spironolactone to the affected areas and then washing it out three mintues later would help...A couple of hours later I had sides...itchy nips, limp dick etc. I know this sounds crazy, but it really happens!

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
ugh thats weird man. maybe you had a severe allergic reaction to it..

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
Bubka, I swear to christ, I'm not trying to be a scare monger or any bullshit like that. I put one ml of spironolactone on my head, washed it off THREE minutes later and has sides in about 2.5 hours. I want to know HOW this is possible?, WHY this is happening? so maybe I can do something to correct it. Any ideas at all? Topicals, despite what you may hear or read ARE abosorbed systemically...where else would they go? I hear bullshit about how they are not metabolised etc...but then why would one get sides from topical finasteride? or topical flutimide, but not topical spironolactone? I haven't heard a legitimate argument for that yet.
I mean if it inhibts DHT, like fluridil and revivogen claim to do, how is it possible that they only inhibit 5AR in the scalp? I really don't think that that is possible with today's science. Its a hard one to swallow...but I really need to hear some logic here so that I can plan a course of action. Every AA works for me...just gotta find out how to avoid sides.

G

i advise rubbing them on your nuts. maybe then theyll work their way up to your head.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ugh said:
I know it sounds crazy, but its true.

Uhhh...did you not see what I posted?? The only way you're going to get anybody to believe you about all this is if you do a blinded, placebo-controlled test on yourself. I challenge you to do that.

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
The double blind test is hard to dispute...but so it the fact that I never had any sexual side effects in my life except when I use AA's, oral and topical.

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
I would do the test...although, I have forgotton the test criteria for placebo controlled test etc. I remember doing this in college...fill me I would be happy to try that out.

G

ugh said:
The double blind test is hard to dispute...but so it the fact that I never had any sexual side effects in my life except when I use AA's, oral and topical.

lol whatever dude

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
ugh said:

lol whatever dude

I'm not sure what you meant by this response? Are you upset with me?

bubka

Reaction score
a lot of those drugs have to be metabolized by the liver before they are even active, no way

like bryan said, somehow do a double blind and see if you get sides

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ugh said:
I would do the test...although, I have forgotton the test criteria for placebo controlled test etc. I remember doing this in college...fill me I would be happy to try that out.

By a strange coincidence, just earlier tonight I happened to make a similar post over on HLH in reply to a guy who was making similar claims about severe "side-effects" from taking finasteride. Here's a copy/paste of his post and my reply, which you could use as a guide to perform your own blinded test (I'm referring specifically to your claim about getting "itchy nips" hours after taking finasteride):

[quote:281a6]I know if I took 5 mg of finasteride in one hit I would suffer from severe anxiety, lathargy and brian fog the next day.

Steve, I hope you won't take too much offense when I say that I find that claim rather difficult to believe. Why don't you do a little test on yourself to prove conclusively that you can tell the difference between a 5 mg dose and a 0.625 mg dose? It'll have to be a blinded test, of course, and I suggest something along the following lines:

Get 10 different muffins (or some other similar food item), and label them 1 through 10 for easy identification for the purposes of this test. Then while you're out of the room, have a friend carefully insert a full Proscar tablet into the center of 5 of the muffins, and 0.625 mg into the center of the other 5 muffins. The distribution will be totally random, of course (he can roll a pair of dice to determine which muffin gets which dose). He secretly records the dose of each numbered muffin on a piece of paper, and keeps the paper in his possession.

Afterwards, you start eating one muffin each day, going through the numbered muffins 1 through 10. Each day you record the incidence of any side-effects (anxiety, lethargy, "brain fog", whatever) that you happen to get. At the end of the trial, you get your friend to reveal the contents of each numbered muffin, and compare them to your own list of recorded side-effects (or lack thereof) for each day, and see how well they line-up together. Only THEN will you have a scientifically valid test of your claim.

Are you up to it? I challenge you to take that test![/quote:281a6]

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man up and eat your 5ar pills, and don't be a moron (sides in 2.5 hours! lol! :lol: )

Or you deserve to be bald IMO.

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
Will definitley do the test. Yet, no one has answered my question as to wether or not the topicals (spironolactone, rev and flurdil) can be absorbed systemically? Is it possible? yes or no?