Topical Spironolactone S5 Cream For Hair Loss

A

andrew lincoln

Hi everyone,

I found this informative product review on Topical spironolactone which really gives me hope that it will work for stopping hair loss, possibly as an alternative to Propecia (or with it).

I have been looking for alternative anti androgen's, or androgen antagonists to finasteride as I have been getting some of the typical reported side effects from finasteride ( ball ache lack of libdio etc) What options do I have, some have. it has been recommended that I try kane's products but I don't want to attempt to become an armchair chemist I want ready made products. I'm thinking of ordering Topical Spironolactone S5 Cream because it comes ready to use, has anyone here used it, what are your thoughts on this product?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used it. I know I could be accused of bias but I would say the same no matter what: I like that it was improved recently - now it disappears after being applied. Identical to Dr. Lee's. There is a stink smell but that's normal for topical spironolactone, and there's a nice scent which masks it well. You really dont smell it. It contains caffeine. They are coming out with a night time formula without the caffeine very soon.

Admin

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
The smell doesn't even get me and with the menthol it really is masked. I use it during the day on full scalp with buzzed head and you can't tell at all. I think it is a good thing to add to your regimen since it works by a complete different pathway than finasteride or dutasteride.

A

andrew lincoln

Thanks for the info, so can you use it with other topicals, like RU or minoxidil? I 'm thinking maybe I should just try both, I'm going to have to hit this hard if I quit finasteride, also admin are you the owner of this site?

- - - Updated - - -

Also does the menthol cause a burning sensation when you apply it?

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
No burning sensation. Feels good and makes my thin hair actually look a little better. I added some finasteride to mine. Not sure if it makes a difference, but it can't hurt. Be careful tho, because if you dermaroll with this product it will get absorbed systemically.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ladysman - remember all you need is a micro-thin film of this on your skin. Very little goes a long way.

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried Propecia, and I lost my morning erections/had noticeably weaker ones during the day, and my dermatologist got me off of it. So without Propecia, my hair's basically done for.

I've been on Rogaine for 2 years or more, and S5 for several months. My hair's only gotten worse though after Propecia didn't work for me (I was only on it for 3 and a half weeks, so, its not possible that I'm just losing Propecia-grown hair).

I continue to use S5 in some last ditch effort to slow it down.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you did things the opposite of what I did.

I did Propecia for 3 years, then spironolactone cream for 9 years (with Nizoral).

You've got a very different set up. Rogaine by itself for 2 years ....

then you added Propecia for what ... 3months? ...

then you stopped that ... and added spironolactone for a some months.

I don't know that I could make any statement about the spironolactone given that situation. I've never used Rogaine so i don't know how it affects things in that combination.

But I do know that 3 months and 7ish months isnt sufficient time for anything to happen. You haven't mentioned consistent Nizoral use ...

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on S5 for about 4 months and a few hairs are growing back. Same old, same old.

I've had no Nizoral use. Its not available in stores anymore, so I use Head & Shoulders dandruff shampoo. There's a bunch of people on Amazon selling Nizoral for upwards of 50 dollars, so, that's not an option.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We will be carrying nizoral in the next 2 weeks. And I will make sure its at a fair price. Though the bottles are about half the size of the regular small nizoral bottle.

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Ya admin I was applying too much. I heard applying twice a day should last two months and i've been doing full scalp and it looks like I can make this go 2 months easy