Topical spironolactone..Has it helped anyone ?

Topical spironolactone...Has it been helpful at all ?

• I have used topical spironolactone for LESS than 6 months without finasteride and it has been helpful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have used topical spironolactone for LESS than 6 months without finasteride and it has NOT been helpful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HairyPotter

Established Member
Reaction score
Im interested in this also, anyone else have positive/negative experience with spironolactone?

Goingat20

Reaction score
i really dont think spironolactone will do much on its own, i honestly think its over hyped.

CCS

Reaction score
It is very unlikely that topical spironolactone does as much as propecia. While those who get side effects from propecia should be using it, it will not help them as much. It is supposed to be much stronger than nizoral. It is hard to quantitatively measure the percentage of receptors it blocks because you can't take a sample of receptors like you can take a sample of DHT. I'm guessing it blocks a third of them, though bryan may have a better estimate. I want to take it to give my propecia the effecicy of proscar, or 1 avodart pill every 5 days the effecicy of 1 avodart pill every day, but without the systemic side effects. it is most important in the hair ine and temples, where propecia has less effect.

I believe propecia is just as strong in the hair line as it is in the crown. The reason we see less hair growth in the hair line from propecia is because the follicles in the hair line are more susseptible to DHT, and may even produce more than those in the crown. All propecia does is reduce the concentrations by 70%. 30% of twice as much is still twice as much as 30% of the crown original concentration, as a hypothetical example.

I just washed my hair with 1% Nizoral. It is the best shampoo I've ever used. I can't imagine how someone could not tolerate it every day. I think price is the only issue. it made my hair feel so good.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm going to make my own spironolactone cream

I bought the 2% liquid from minoxidil.com. A study bryan posted showed that 1% spironolactone in alcohol and water did not do anything, wheras 1% spironolactone in a cream of water, propylene glycol, and 10% from a cocktail of stuff with probably 5% oil caused an 80% reduction in hirutsism.

The spironolactone is just to last me until my fluridil arrives. I previously planned on mixing up a minoxidil cocktail, but bryan told me that minoxidil has its highest absorption at 90% alcohol, so I will just dilute it with 70% isopropyl and use more. Instead, I plan to add all the oils I want, and grape seed extract, to my liquid spironolactone to make a cream out of it, and will use the ingredients bryan posted as a guide, though I don't have access to most of them. the most important one is probably an imulsifier. I'll look on the study ingredient list, look them up, and see if any of them are comparable to the ones in baby shampoo, which does not lather. I'll just use a drop or 3. I think my spironolactone will be better than dr lee's.

If spironolactone tablets are cheap enough, I might buy them later and laternate them with my fluridil to cut costs.

I'll use it on a non-folligen non-eucapil night, after rinsing off my 2-hour minoxidil.