Topical Minoxidil (kirkland 5%) Every Other Day

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any real benefit from using topical minoxidil every other day instead of every day. Has anyone here had this experience?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would try to use it at least once a day; if you're worried about sides just use a very small amount (like .5 mL).

Do you mind posting pictures of your hair? If I remember correctly you have very minor hair loss.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why dont you take oral minoxidil? Its alot less hassle :)

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would try to use it at least once a day; if you're worried about sides just use a very small amount (like .5 mL).

Do you mind posting pictures of your hair? If I remember correctly you have very minor hair loss.

No, I don't care about sides of minoxidil, this is mostly due to financial reasons, cause antiandrogens and HRT pills are quite pricey by itself and I can't afford to pay more at the moment.

Yes, I have relatively minor hair loss at front, the amount of hairs there is still enough for making an illusion of full head. But still my temples are receded and hairline is just ridiculous in comparison to what it was 2-3 years ago. Besides that I had a very rapid and quite aggressive diffuse thinning on top, sides and back, have lost 50-60% of density in a matter of 2-3 months. That scared me even more. I decided not to make detailed pictures of my hair loss before starting treatment. Was a big mistake, yes. But believe me, it was really bad. I have one recent potato quality photo I took on webcam, it's not too representative regarding to density, nevertheless, you can still see my issues at front. Fortunately, I have a lot of vellus hairs in Norwood 0 area, I hope estradiol and minoxidil with dermarolling will help to make them terminal.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why dont you take oral minoxidil? Its alot less hassle :)

Yes, I considered Loniten some time ago. But there are three issues with it: 1) price; 2) antihypertensive effect (I am already taking high dose of spironolactone which is making me dizzy and tired due to low bp); 3) body hair growth is not good for me.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Loniten is ridiculously cheap! Or at least it is from my supplier :)
Hmm yes good point, if you are trans the last thing you would want is body hair. A low dose of 5mg should be enough to stimulate the hair follicules without an effect on BP. Have you considered laser treatment?
Im such an advocate for oral minoxidil, im beginning to get regrowth on my hairline finally which is fantastic!
You could at least give it a go? I find scalp hair is more feminine than body hair, i mean men and women get it haha

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Loniten is ridiculously cheap! Or at least it is from my supplier :)
Hmm yes good point, if you are trans the last thing you would want is body hair. A low dose of 5mg should be enough to stimulate the hair follicules without an effect on BP. Have you considered laser treatment?
Im such an advocate for oral minoxidil, im beginning to get regrowth on my hairline finally which is fantastic!
You could at least give it a go? I find scalp hair is more feminine than body hair, i mean men and women get it haha

Hm, where are you buying it? In my country the price of Loniten (10 mg) is identical to one pack of Androcur, nearly 50$ per month. Yes I am considering the laser treatment for facial hair in the future; fortunately, I have not much hair on the rest of the body. Antiandrogens made all body hair weaker and lighter in color, but wish I had started using them at puberty though.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm, where are you buying it? In my country the price of Loniten (10 mg) is identical to one pack of Androcur, nearly 50$ per month. Yes I am considering the laser treatment for facial hair in the future; fortunately, I have not much hair on the rest of the body. Antiandrogens made all body hair weaker and lighter in color, but wish I had started using them at puberty though.
I buy from ThailandPharmacy, i can get like 100 10mg pills for 35 euro!
life is too short to live with regrets, be happy you are on treatments now and are well on your way to being comfortable in your own skin :)

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you get the oral minoxidil Andy? Do they ship to the states?
Google Thailand Pharmacy, their Loniten is called Loxidil Forte. Its extremely cheap but definitley the real deal :D They do ship to the USA, yes.