Topical Minoxidil + Finasteride Mixture, Check Here

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what one of those mixtures is the best? My hairline is beginning to thin and miniaturize very slowly if any of these will help bring back density I would love to know and know how to get it thanks

jazz1

Reaction score
So what one of those mixtures is the best? My hairline is beginning to thin and miniaturize very slowly if any of these will help bring back density I would love to know and know how to get it thanks

Hey I use the 15%, which is the maximum although you could go higher to 30% that’s way too much. What’s your current regime? I use Topical Finasteride mixed into my 15% Minoxidil lotion. All depends 5% Minoxidil mixture is cheaper than 15% so depends on your funds, also they give 10% discount to forum members when you purchase 3 bottles.

My lotion contains:

15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydocortisone

Where are you from? Also what’s your current regime, post some pictures and maybe you could replicate my regime for results to stabilise hairloss and regrow.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is Dr. Powers’ solution:

Ingredient Quantity Purpose
Minoxidil 10% Standard ingredient in Rogaine at twice the OTC strength
Azelaic Acid 2% Non-specific competitive 5ARI (type 1 and 2)
Biotin 0.50% Encourages hair growth locally, Carboxylase co-enzyme
Tea Tree Oil 0.25% Antifungal/Antimicrobial/Moisturizer/Follicle cleaning
Finasteride 0.25% Topical 5ARI to block local DHT conversion
Melatonin 0.1% MT1 receptor stimulation for hair growth, and decreased oxidative stress to hairs (less graying and loss)
Latanoprost 0.005% For hair regrowth, and conversion of vellus hairs to terminal hairs
Retin-A (Tretinoin) 0.025% Increases cellular turnover and new follicle generation
Inactive Base 86.865% Polysorbate 80 (Emulsifier), Propylene glycol(Carrier and Wetting Agent), Ethyl alcohol 190 proof usp (Penetrant)

Might not be as effective as yours but what do you think?

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@jazz1 @Selb attached some photos of my hair I live in the US and I’ll be 26 in a couple months my hair has definitely started to thin around the hairline though and minimally recede but I’ve always had a big forehead. I’m currently only taking nutrafol coming up on 5 months not sure it’s done much. I was using a laser cap for awhile too but not anymore. I don’t need anything crazy but something to stop dht from binding to my follicles or help thicken would be huge.

Attachments

• 95E64401-0566-4840-B734-FE820FD08554.jpeg
    95E64401-0566-4840-B734-FE820FD08554.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 7C9A309E-4E39-4A6F-8FEA-804061C24ED8.jpeg
    7C9A309E-4E39-4A6F-8FEA-804061C24ED8.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 267
  • D65774C2-7157-4C2B-8ECA-1528BA5DAEDD.jpeg
    D65774C2-7157-4C2B-8ECA-1528BA5DAEDD.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 246
  • BC9A43CF-76D8-4C60-AE13-AFC930D3198A.jpeg
    BC9A43CF-76D8-4C60-AE13-AFC930D3198A.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 83C3261E-C2D0-4711-9FC3-110FA79B54C5.jpeg
    83C3261E-C2D0-4711-9FC3-110FA79B54C5.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 252

jazz1

Reaction score
This is Dr. Powers’ solution:

Ingredient Quantity Purpose
Minoxidil 10% Standard ingredient in Rogaine at twice the OTC strength
Azelaic Acid 2% Non-specific competitive 5ARI (type 1 and 2)
Biotin 0.50% Encourages hair growth locally, Carboxylase co-enzyme
Tea Tree Oil 0.25% Antifungal/Antimicrobial/Moisturizer/Follicle cleaning
Finasteride 0.25% Topical 5ARI to block local DHT conversion
Melatonin 0.1% MT1 receptor stimulation for hair growth, and decreased oxidative stress to hairs (less graying and loss)
Latanoprost 0.005% For hair regrowth, and conversion of vellus hairs to terminal hairs
Retin-A (Tretinoin) 0.025% Increases cellular turnover and new follicle generation
Inactive Base 86.865% Polysorbate 80 (Emulsifier), Propylene glycol(Carrier and Wetting Agent), Ethyl alcohol 190 proof usp (Penetrant)

Might not be as effective as yours but what do you think?

Yea looks very good, I guess better for someone wanting a lower dosage Finasteride, who is Dr Power?

jazz1

Reaction score
@jazz1 @Selb attached some photos of my hair I live in the US and I’ll be 26 in a couple months my hair has definitely started to thin around the hairline though and minimally recede but I’ve always had a big forehead. I’m currently only taking nutrafol coming up on 5 months not sure it’s done much. I was using a laser cap for awhile too but not anymore. I don’t need anything crazy but something to stop dht from binding to my follicles or help thicken would be huge.

Hey you have great hair for a start, you slowly receding around the hairline and temples? Temple point does look high but in general your hair is great!

You need the BIG3, all depends how you want to use the stuff. I have mine compounded and mixed in with minoxidil, I also use 5% normal Regaine minoxidil foam and 15% around the hairline and temples.

The BIG3 is the following:

Finasteride
Minoxidil
Ketaconazole
Derma Roller 1mm

My lotion mixture from this pharmacy has the first 2, so no need for me take take oral Finasteride as I just apply the lotion once per day.

My lotion contains:

15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydocortisone

So all depends what route you want to take, your lucky as this pharmacy is in the US and they give us forum members discount.

Read here about the ingredients you can choose what Strenght and ingredients you wish to add into the mixture. The extra ingredients are free but the Minoxidil Strenght has a set price as per this thread all details on first post.

Check here:

https://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com/CustomizedMINOXIDILHairLossPrescriptionINDEXpage.html

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey you have great hair for a start, you slowly receding around the hairline and temples? Temple point does look high but in general your hair is great!

You need the BIG3, all depends how you want to use the stuff. I have mine compounded and mixed in with minoxidil, I also use 5% normal Regaine minoxidil foam and 15% around the hairline and temples.

The BIG3 is the following:

Finasteride
Minoxidil
Ketaconazole
Derma Roller 1mm

My lotion mixture from this pharmacy has the first 2, so no need for me take take oral Finasteride as I just apply the lotion once per day.

My lotion contains:

15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydocortisone

So all depends what route you want to take, your lucky as this pharmacy is in the US and they give us forum members discount.

Read here about the ingredients you can choose what Strenght and ingredients you wish to add into the mixture. The extra ingredients are free but the Minoxidil Strenght has a set price as per this thread all details on first post.

Check here:

https://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com/CustomizedMINOXIDILHairLossPrescriptionINDEXpage.html

Doesn’t the minidoxil wear off after a little while? Like if I start using your exact regimen and that alone and apply once a day don’t you think that will be enough to keep and strengthen what I currently have? Also you can see me losing hair more in this photo here:

Attachments

• 9765E293-4AF1-4923-8B9E-334D5283A73B.jpeg
    9765E293-4AF1-4923-8B9E-334D5283A73B.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 216

jazz1

Reaction score
Doesn’t the minidoxil wear off after a little while? Like if I start using your exact regimen and that alone and apply once a day don’t you think that will be enough to keep and strengthen what I currently have? Also you can see me losing hair more in this photo here:

No, not for me and I see what you mean, I guess you could use the same 15% mixture as mine but I would also add Kirkland foam 5% for night use so you use minoxidil twice per day it’s very cheap. I would also get a good Ketaconazole shampoo like Nizoral and Regenepure DR plus a derma roller 1mm. That won’t cost you much and you will get better results.

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, not for me and I see what you mean, I guess you could use the same 15% mixture as mine but I would also add Kirkland foam 5% for night use so you use minoxidil twice per day it’s very cheap. I would also get a good Ketaconazole shampoo like Nizoral and Regenepure DR plus a derma roller 1mm. That won’t cost you much and you will get better results.

you can’t see much hair loss in the last photo i sent you? I’m just weary of that website a bit after reading some other reviews on here and wanted to avoid minidoxil. What about that RU:

just using this stuff once a day?

https://anageninc.com/ru58841-solution-50ml.html

jazz1

Reaction score
you can’t see much hair loss in the last photo i sent you? I’m just weary of that website a bit after reading some other reviews on here and wanted to avoid minidoxil. What about that RU:

just using this stuff once a day?

https://anageninc.com/ru58841-solution-50ml.html

Anagen Inc is legit I did a long time ago try their 5% RU in KB solution and had side effects hence why I stuck to Topical Finesteride which has been working for years.

You can avoid Minoxidil as they compound Topical Finesteride alone. I would suggest adding Minoxidil as you will get better results you desire along with a derma roller. I mean if your still hesitant get on Finasteride or Topical Finesteride and use a derma roller alongside the shampoo I mentioned to help stimulate growth or keep the laser helmet aswell to compensate for not using Minoxidil.

To your question on Minoxidil:

Professional Online quote:

Question: After doing tons of research on the internet it seems many people are saying minoxidil loses effectiveness after a few years. Is this true? Is it only a temporary solution?

Answer: Thank you for your email. No, the minoxidil does not stop working. Your hair reaches its maximum regrowth potential then it stabilises, and then you will still require minoxidil to keep the regrowth that you achieved. Cessation of treatment leads to continuation of your hair loss and you also lose whatever hair that you gained.

To sum things up for you I have been on 5% Minoxidil since aged 17 and 15% since 2010, I still use the combination of both that’s a total of 19 years now and still doing superb along with the Finasteride.

Last edited:

hair8534

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you manage to cover all of your scalp with 1ml? I want to use topical finasteride at 0,1% but i think i need at least 2 ml to cover everything.
I think that this will improve the chance of getting sides, however when I asked my doctor he told me that the only thing that matters is the concentration, not how much you aply, specially with such "low" concentration. Could someone confirm or deny this? And could you tell me from which concentration is topical finasteride as effective as the oral?
Thanks

jazz1

Reaction score
Do you manage to cover all of your scalp with 1ml? I want to use topical finasteride at 0,1% but i think i need at least 2 ml to cover everything.
I think that this will improve the chance of getting sides, however when I asked my doctor he told me that the only thing that matters is the concentration, not how much you aply, specially with such "low" concentration. Could someone confirm or deny this? And could you tell me from which concentration is topical finasteride as effective as the oral?
Thanks
Hey yes as 6 squirts or 1ml can cover the whole scalp. I tend to use the pump they provide, which is 6 squirts per day that equals 1ml. One squirt in each area covers the whole scalp regions. 0.1% Topical Finasteride at 1ml dosage is the daily equivalent to 1mg Finasteride tablets per day.

Attachments

• EC1F3524-A6D1-4014-AEBD-24D00641C157.png
    EC1F3524-A6D1-4014-AEBD-24D00641C157.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 196

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey yes as 6 squirts or 1ml can cover the whole scalp. I tend to use the pump they provide, which is 6 squirts per day that equals 1ml. One squirt in each area covers the whole scalp regions. 0.1% Topical Finasteride at 1ml dosage is the daily equivalent to 1mg Finasteride tablets per day.
those results only exist in the book of legends. shame it had to be an indian like yourself, btw you got very hairy forehead that minoxidil is turning you into a monkey lol... did minoxidill always work for you alone? if it did then alot of this growth is from the 15% minoxidil and the other ingredients just boosted the results from the minoxidil. I buy topical dutasteride from murray avenue but they do not offer any added ingredients with the dutasteride.
and there is no way in hell you can cover your whole scalp with only 1ml with that thick dense long hair you have LOL xD. trust me I know.

PS: this commment by you says it all really, you are truely a shill for the company "alongside the shampoo I mentioned to help stimulate growth"
LOL when did a shampoo get so important all of a sudden? and when could a shampoo stimulate growth? xD....all the other stuff you are using minoxidil is a great stimulator and all the other stuff you use works x10 times better than a damn shampoo you are promoting and tell us to buy jesus christ this guy cant be trusted.

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
those results only exist in the book of legends. shame it had to be an indian like yourself, btw you got very hairy forehead that minoxidil is turning you into a monkey lol... did minoxidill always work for you alone? if it did then alot of this growth is from the 15% minoxidil and the other ingredients just boosted the results from the minoxidil. I buy topical dutasteride from murray avenue but they do not offer any added ingredients with the dutasteride.
and there is no way in hell you can cover your whole scalp with only 1ml with that thick dense long hair you have LOL xD. trust me I know.

PS: this commment by you says it all really, you are truely a shill for the company "alongside the shampoo I mentioned to help stimulate growth"
LOL when did a shampoo get so important all of a sudden? and when could a shampoo stimulate growth? xD....all the other stuff you are using minoxidil is a great stimulator and all the other stuff you use works x10 times better than a damn shampoo you are promoting and tell us to buy jesus christ this guy cant be trusted.

I have shown my transactions you can check the thread I pay for all my stuff and again I promoted other companies before MAA. When Dr Klein was around I would promote his products as they worked. The deal I made with MAA when Dr Klein passed away and his clinic stopped selling the products was they give us forum members discount, hence why I mention their products.

In regards to the shampoo they sell organic range but again check my other threads I mainly promote Regenepure DR which contains Ketaconazole, Revita and Lipogaine BIG3.

I agree organic shampoo will do nothing for male pattern baldness or FPB, the only shampoos worth using are Regenepure DR, Revita and Lipogaine BIG3 see attachments for the ones I use. I also use MAA one but again they only good in the sense they have organic ingredients and no harsh chemicals.

Now in regards to your question lol, my forhead became more hairy with the derma roller and all the stuff I use.

There is no doubt MAA products work as they are proven products that people use for male pattern baldness. The same applies for other compound companies, unfortunately in The United Kingdom we do not have these options or compound pharmacies.

See the first post proof.

Attachments

• 5FBF2297-036D-4D9C-930D-58BEFAE80F1C.png
    5FBF2297-036D-4D9C-930D-58BEFAE80F1C.png
    416.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 9A828C15-BCFD-40BD-AAD3-DC7BA43698B0.png
    9A828C15-BCFD-40BD-AAD3-DC7BA43698B0.png
    718.2 KB · Views: 133
  • A1C7309E-6947-4719-8B2B-92BB7A239499.png
    A1C7309E-6947-4719-8B2B-92BB7A239499.png
    340.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 8141F84C-4514-4E96-91E1-F3A48C93E4D5.jpeg
    8141F84C-4514-4E96-91E1-F3A48C93E4D5.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 6FDEE766-F5E4-42DA-BC96-9AB79BBE87B9.jpeg
    6FDEE766-F5E4-42DA-BC96-9AB79BBE87B9.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
You must spend a sh*t load of money on your hairloss products that nobody will follow your regimen to the fullest. All those vitamins don't do Jack sh*t only thing that helped you is finasteride minoxidill and aceliac acid.

jazz1

Reaction score
You must spend a sh*t load of money on your hairloss products that nobody will follow your regimen to the fullest. All those vitamins don't do Jack sh*t only thing that helped you is finasteride minoxidill and aceliac acid.
I never said the vitamins work alone lol, they help for sure with energy and I use them incase I lack vitamins as I am vegetarian.

They do and don’t as I use tiny amount, so the products last me a long time and I usual buy the more value for money like 1litre bottles.

I agree the main stuff that works is Minoxidil, Finasteride and Ketaconazole.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The MAA cream and lotion is useless. Not only does it get mainly in your hair it doesn't penetrate the dermis. I've switched to a trichosol vehicle and it's been fantastic.

jazz1

Reaction score
The MAA cream and lotion is useless. Not only does it get mainly in your hair it doesn't penetrate the dermis. I've switched to a trichosol vehicle and it's been fantastic.
Link....? Works for me and has worked for others unless you was applying wrong.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I've thought about it. I still suffer from pfs after years of quitting fina though. But micro dosing topical fina/duta (read topical duta is even safer btw) is the only thing I would try again, although I'm still trialing zix and want to give that a long enough time to evaluate.

And I had great results from oral fina btw, complete stop of hairloss.
@Pigeon How many weeks into finasteride it took to completely stop hair loss. Thanks

jazz1

Reaction score
@Pigeon How many weeks into finasteride it took to completely stop hair loss. Thanks
They say maximum 1 year to see results, some can take longer and some can be 3-6months.