Topical Melatonin for Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This below study refers specifically to the expected mode of action of topical melatonin.

The study is on women with diffuse female pattern hairloss, and refers to which part of the scalp have responded. Very interesting.

Beard9

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a spray designed for sublingual application. Its a sleep enhancement spray.

It describes its melatonin component as 12x, whatever that means.

Since I apply it topically it does not make me feel sleepy.

It however makes my scalp feel better.

I apply it at night and by morning it has dried and in fact makes my hair look thicker.
Could you tell me what brand are you using? Thanks

inmyhead

Reaction score
This below study refers specifically to the expected mode of action of topical melatonin.

The study is on women with diffuse female pattern hairloss, and refers to which part of the scalp have responded. Very interesting.

There is something wrong with this study, even placebo works according to it

1629386202486.png

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you tell me what brand are you using? Thanks

Am I allowed to tell you the brand on this forum?

In any case I just picked in up from a local chemist, off-the-shelf.

As I said, its a sub-lingual spray intended to help you sleep

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I allowed to tell you the brand on this forum?

In any case I just picked in up from a local chemist, off-the-shelf.

As I said, its a sub-lingual spray intended to help you sleep
You can do brands fine. And lists of vendors is too but no direct links is my understanding but nobody cares if you link to say, Amazon if anyone is monitoring at all anymore. We had an anti-trans fanatic on maybe in April and it took 36 hours to shut him down but you still couldn't delete his comments only your own and Janey laid down some words that Will would never utter. She doesn't put up with crap. So we had to go back and delete a bunch of unladylike retorts....<Janey blushes>

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There have been several studies over the years lead by the same guy, T.W. Fischer. One study used 0.0033% and I think the others are 0.1%. TripleHair's TH-16 is 0.1% I think. I actually tried 0.1% melatonin for a few days a while back but it made me too tired the next day.
Thank you!

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can do brands fine. And lists of vendors is too but no direct links is my understanding but nobody cares if you link to say, Amazon if anyone is monitoring at all anymore. We had an anti-trans fanatic on maybe in April and it took 36 hours to shut him down but you still couldn't delete his comments only your own and Janey laid down some words that Will would never utter. She doesn't put up with crap. So we had to go back and delete a bunch of unladylike retorts....<Janey blushes>

I use Bioglan Sleep Spray. Its a small spray bottle that seem to be in most chemists.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I am an NW7 with diffuse hairloss on the sides and back.

I started losing my hair at 16 and am now 55.

Yes, I definitely have male pattern baldness, the worst kind.

However two years ago I started taking oral finasteride and one year ago started taking oral min as well.

I have since seen hairgrowth on my crown and mid-front section.

However my sides and back of hair continue to thin out. Every time I would pull my fingers through my side or back hair, I got clumps, and the thinning on this region of hair has become quite noticeable.

I don’t get hair falling out from my crown nor in the mid-front section.

So apologies if I wasn’t clear.

I am a severe diffuse nw7, who has made gains on my crown and mid-frontal (not on hairline, not yet anyway).

But now I have seemed to stop this massive hairloss from sides and back with topical melatonin.
Where are you getting your topical melatonin from ?

BigPapaYoMama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that even if topical melatonin works, its still a fringe treatment that doesn't attack the problem directly. There are at least 10 things that I've tried/use that are better (though i didn't try topical melatonin for long, because it didnt do sh*t).
  • Finasteride
  • dutasteride
  • oral minoxidil
  • microneedling
  • Scalp massaging, and not with your f*****g hands, use a 4 prong scalp massager ($40 on amazon)
  • ostrigrow (Topical dht inhibitor, way better than topical dutasteride,)
  • sulforaphane (Yes, it actually works. spoonful of broccoli seeds in the morning, spoonful in the evening, or you can buy the supps $$$)
  • dexpanthenol (Topical or oral, i prefer oral)
  • ceterizine- either by crushing pills into a topical or buying the powder from china to make a topical
  • RU/fluridil/CB- depending on if/which give you sides. I've listed them from strongest to weakest

Last edited:

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
  • ostrigrow (Topical dht inhibitor, way better than topical dutasteride, though some people get sides apparently)
Out of the tremendously large community of hair loss sufferers who use Ostrich antibodies to grow hair (https://www.ostrigen.com/) given that it is more effective than RU, you are telling me some of them had sides?

Dang man, I thought ostrigrow was the cure.

BigPapaYoMama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of the tremendously large community of hair loss sufferers who use Ostrich antibodies to grow hair (https://www.ostrigen.com/) given that it is more effective than RU, you are telling me some of them had sides?

sarcasm i assume. You should try it for yourself, it definitely works, they'll even send you a free bottle. I just wanted to say that some people have reported mild sides. I'm very transparent, i use the sh*t myself.

BigPapaYoMama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

oh you use topical dutasteride. I see why youre upset lol. Its okay losers like you dont want help. Continue being bald.

alopezico

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am an NW7 with diffuse hairloss on the sides and back.

I started losing my hair at 16 and am now 55.

Yes, I definitely have male pattern baldness, the worst kind.

However two years ago I started taking oral finasteride and one year ago started taking oral min as well.

I have since seen hairgrowth on my crown and mid-front section.

However my sides and back of hair continue to thin out. Every time I would pull my fingers through my side or back hair, I got clumps, and the thinning on this region of hair has become quite noticeable.

I don’t get hair falling out from my crown nor in the mid-front section.

So apologies if I wasn’t clear.

I am a severe diffuse nw7, who has made gains on my crown and mid-frontal (not on hairline, not yet anyway).

But now I have seemed to stop this massive hairloss from sides and back with topical melatonin.
Hi where did you get the melatonin?

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a whole bottle of melatonin… didn’t seem to do anything for me, but these particular studies done under a microscope may look promising & perhaps the science makes sense— The negative side is doctors in business of doing hair procedures & selling hair products, I can’t name one promoting melatonin. These positive density numbers sound good, but countless topicals have similar studies. After 6 months +30/40% sounds good, but 300/400% is what you really need. So I’m not discouraging anyone, it seems harmless. But for me, I might incorporate a handful of topicals like this on scalp occasionally, while focusing on better alternatives.

Last edited:

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There have been several studies over the years lead by the same guy, T.W. Fischer. One study used 0.0033% and I think the others are 0.1%. TripleHair's TH-16 is 0.1% I think. I actually tried 0.1% melatonin for a few days a while back but it made me too tired the next day.
That guy was involved in a lot of the studies with caffeine.