Topical Finasteride In Minoxidil Better Than Others?

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lately i’ve see that most of members are talking about ru, cb-03-01,seti, S5 Cream. I was wondering about topical finasteride! Yes, there is a research going on but i’ve been prescribed by my dermatologist. Topical finasteride is available in india. I want to know if anyone has tried it and what was the result?
Why do you prefer other topical items over and above topical finasteride?
Thanks

Morr-F :https://www.flipkart.com/mor-morr-f...STHTTEP2Z4WARV6BKHHYHWIY&pid=HTTEP2Z4WARV6BKH

Minokem-F:https://www.1mg.com/drugs/minokem-f-solution-336788

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question from someone who doesn't know how to mix anything and never has:

I see people mixing seti, RU, etc, go through this Walter White/Breaking Bad type of mixing...so my question is what's so hard of mixing finasteride with minoxidil? Why don't people just buy 5% minoxidil and crush a finasteride tablet and drop it in there?

Serious question.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw is that 690 Indian currency?

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just bought a month supply in prep for Brotzu. Tell ya how it goes

If brotzu doesn’t work as it claims, my life is doomed. Also i’m using it from March27. Too soon to comment, using minokem f.
The only thing i hate about minoxidil is alcoholic smell, having used any other minoxidil lets see.

Btw is that 690 Indian currency?
Even i don’t know the mixing stuff, and i won’t make/apply anything on my scalp.
Further 1$=67INR.
If its 690INR, expect this product to be around $10.

Karlk

My Regimen
Reaction score
My exp on rogaine after 8 months is that it done nothing for me but made where I apply it worse, made it thin out and very dry looking . Never really had anyone tell me my hairline was receeding until I started using it. Wish I never had but afraid to stop using it now. I'm hoping to have my hairline restored in December so i will stop using it in the summer and shave my head till then if I don't see any results

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
If brotzu doesn’t work as it claims, my life is doomed. Also i’m using it from March27. Too soon to comment, using minokem f.
The only thing i hate about minoxidil is alcoholic smell, having used any other minoxidil lets see.

Even i don’t know the mixing stuff, and i won’t make/apply anything on my scalp.
Further 1$=67INR.
If its 690INR, expect this product to be around $10.
I’m screwed too man. I’m homding off on the morr-f until I see April 14th results.
I might get to NW0 with morr-f then use zix to maintain

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m screwed too man. I’m homding off on the morr-f until I see April 14th results.
I might get to NW0 with morr-f then use zix to maintain

Not sure if it really works, polichem- p3074 is working on this. They have completed their trials and results are yet to be out.

I hope it is better than minoxidil, and will range between minoxidil & finasteride.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if it really works, polichem- p3074 is working on this. They have completed their trials and results are yet to be out.

I hope it is better than minoxidil, and will range between minoxidil & finasteride.
Lol people think systemic finasteride is better?
The only place you don’t want DHT is the scalp

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol people think systemic finasteride is better?
The only place you don’t want DHT is the scalp

1.Are you using zix?
I’ve only admired it, but don’t have the confidence to make it.
2.Its questionable if Topical finasteride reaches your follical, and if it does the guess what its entering your blood as well.

Humble request to all using topical finasteride & minoxidil, please give your update after 3 months, and regularly update it. As we are the ginny pigs in this case, and have to inform if this is snake oil or something good.

ps, in next 3 months. I am sure polichem will release its result.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using zix. I feel like the alcohol is drying me out too much, but im also dumping like the whole 1 ml right at the hair line.
May try super zix but srsly, what's the point unless Brotzu comes out

paul2222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Something to consider when using Topical Finasteride. The goal is to decrease scalp DHT while minimizing serum DHT inhibition - Oral Finasteride decreases DHT levels by 70-75% on average. From some of the studies I've seen, unless you are using some type of a film agent (Chitosan as an example), just splashing Finasteride on the scalp seems to have the same effect of DHT serum inhibition. The one difference though is that the serum Finasteride levels still seem dramatically lower in the the topical version and hence the other "unknown" effects of Finasteride on the body may be lessened. So, from what I can tell, the best thing to do is use a topical agent the minimizes system absorption and still allows for adequate scale DHT inhibition.

Incidentally, if you read one of the original P-3074 studies, it appears that the most effective dose of Finasteride with the Chitosan was the LOWEST dose. It provided adequate scalp DHT inhibition AND only inhibited DHT systemically by 25%. Also, it was more effective ONCE a day as a opposed to twice. It appears that the second dose may prevent the first from being effective. So, less is more.

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
spironolactone has lots of androgen alopecia evidence, and it has been studied in women for quite some time,
with a very good success record.

That's not to say it doesn't work in men at low doses, because it probably does. It just hasn't been studied.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lately i’ve see that most of members are talking about ru, cb-03-01,seti, S5 Cream. I was wondering about topical finasteride! Yes, there is a research going on but i’ve been prescribed by my dermatologist. Topical finasteride is available in india. I want to know if anyone has tried it and what was the result?
Why do you prefer other topical items over and above topical finasteride?
Thanks

Morr-F :https://www.flipkart.com/mor-morr-f...STHTTEP2Z4WARV6BKHHYHWIY&pid=HTTEP2Z4WARV6BKH

Minokem-F:https://www.1mg.com/drugs/minokem-f-solution-336788

I've tried it, and have had good results.

But, I might have had BETTER results with oral.

The problem with any topical treatment is we can't always see the bald spots that are "creeping" in the
back of the vertex.

So, I've had luck with topical Finasteride, but I cannot say it's BETTER than oral dosages.

paul2222

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried it, and have had good results.

But, I might have had BETTER results with oral.

The problem with any topical treatment is we can't always see the bald spots that are "creeping" in the
back of the vertex.

So, I've had luck with topical Finasteride, but I cannot say it's BETTER than oral dosages.
What kind of topical Finasteride are you using?

I wonder why more people haven't tried ru58841?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of topical Finasteride are you using?

I wonder why more people haven't tried ru58841?

Just taking .1% Finasteride topically. It's mixed with Minoxidil and Progesterone.

I can't compare it to solid, so I don't know if it's better.

IN MY OWN OPINION, I don't think topical is SAFER than oral.

It has been tested in India (government non funded study). It was studied with .1% topical, which is
EQUAL to one milligram Finasteride, and has been found safe in that study.

That said, we can have side effects with a drug just by thinking it will happen, which can trigger stress and
make it happen (no erections, too much my psychological stress).