Topical Finasteride/Dutasteride

ntn88ntn

Reaction score
There are loads of websites that mention or talk about 'topical finasteride'.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article167.htm
Surely if such a thing were to exist it could potentially help those who expierence side effects from taking the pills. Is there anything else to know about this treatment? Effectiveness? Anyone tried it? Studies even?

http://www.lipoxidil.com/site/dutasteride.php - is topical dutasteride. And considering the alpha reductase-1 is what is primarily found in the scalp, surely the dutasteride version woudl be of great benefit - since it's already a proven dht blocker as opposed to the questionability of all these natural ingredients such as saw palmetto (weak) found in revivogen.

Thanks

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
check out sinere.com - i've just started using the nanominox FMS which is basically a minoxidil with finasteride, they also do a finasteride only topical. They have a flutamide topical too, although as with the rest it's very new - i think one or two guys off here have started using it though so you might be able to get some feedback within a few months.

I think you can get promox with finasteride too iirc, so there are options out there for you.

jd24

Established Member
Reaction score
has anyone actually used any of these products with good results?
something doesn't seem quite right???

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Rusty how do like Nanominox FMS so far? Does it go on clean?

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
jd24 said:
has anyone actually used any of these products with good results?
there has been a topical finasteride product and a topical flut product on the market for quite some time.

but the products from sinere have just recently been released. so it's far too early to say if they will work or not.

jd24 said:
something doesn't seem quite right???
what do you mean?

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Rusty how do like Nanominox FMS so far? Does it go on clean?

Yeah it's quite good so far (can't say so far as results - only been a month). As long as you are tidy with it it doesn't mess up your hair much and dries in about 10 minutes at a guess. It's not greasy but it is almost slightly.... slimey... perhaps, but not as bad as that sounds lol. It's actually quite good because it'll happily sit in a little bead on your scalp without running all over the place so you don't tend to get it running down your forehead.

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
With regards to the topical finasteride solutions, I thought I read that it was absorbed into your system and basically was the same as taking the pill? Or is it supposed to just attack dht on your scalp and not enter your system?

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How can people be so sure that the molecules can penetrate the skin, is what I want to know.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
Because susceptible people can still get stuff like gyno etc. One guy had his bloodwork done and it matched what you would expect while on oral finasteride.
hh