Topical Finasteride (alm12845) - Estimated 2020 Or Early 2021

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed yet but this was related by admiral on their report..

Finasteride (ALM12845) - androgenetic alopecia

On the 26th of September the Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) was submitted for Finasteride.

The product is a cutaneous spray, solution has been demonstrated to be safe and effective in the topical treatment of adult men with male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia, Androgenetic Alopecia).

The product is subject to medical prescription. First national phase approval is estimated in 2020 or early 2021 in Europe.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is p3074 it is probably same as oral but i would give it a 1% chance of having less sides

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! How much will that cost?

Hope it is released as soon as possible though I´ve been using finas for quite a while.

But I will give a try anyway.

Ps. Do we have photos? Has anybody seen them?

topicalthunder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we know if it performs better than 1mg of oral Finasteride?

Topical finasteride reduces scalp DHT by a bit more than oral, I think ~50% oral, and ~70% topical from the studies I’ve seen but this doesn’t mean it’ll work any better.

I’d say this will be about the same with a lower incidence of side effects.

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will that be a cream or a lotion (like Brotzu´s xD)? Forgot to mention that.

But, can we use both (oral and topical) at the same time?

inmyhead

Reaction score
I checked the study results. They are hard to read for me atleast. But seems to be almost identical efficiency to oral. Nothing miraculous.

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride = 1998 , isnt a new research or drug ... , and ORAL dont stop hairloss in some people , topical would be less effective...

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Typically looser comment, just embrace your baldness ;)
Looser, you are a person that inhibit almost 100 % of the stronger androgen in the male body , but not just that, you are doing by inhibit an enzyme that is part of many other reaction , for example , the convertion of pregnolone to allopregnolone ( an importan neurosteroid ) . and I am the looser , lol.