Topical Finasteride, 82f, Has Anyone Tried It?

Chad Stokes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Topical Finasteride, specifically 82F, and how the results have been? I'm finding little information online and the hair loss place that prescribed it for me said I'm a guinea pig because so few of their clients have tried it.

I am nervous about Oral Finasteride and meddling with my testosterone levels hence topical is my preference. I recognize it will still affect my hormones at a lower level than oral finasteride, and sadly the results will probably be less effective. I was thinking about supplementing with Saw Palmetto and dermarolling. I've been taking Oral propecia for 3 weeks and noticed minimal side effects (lower sex drive but may be placebo) and taking 82M (Rogain on steroids apparently) once a day even though they say use it twice. I'm gonna drop Propecia for 82F.

82F is expensive ($100/Bottle, which lasts 1 month) so in an effort to be cost effective I'm only using it once a day and using Rogain in the evenings. Lemme know if you see any red flags with that.

Thanks ya'll!

Chad Stokes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Vogel in Baltimore, Maryland. The label says the following:

MasterPharm
Richmond Hill, NY 11419
718-529-5500

Formula 82F 5/0.01/0.01/0.25%

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
MasterPharm is a compounding pharmacy and they are reputable. You should either use finasteride internally or use it topically. If you don't want to pay $100 a month then buy Morr-F from India. If you used it twice a day your monthly cost would be about $20.

Chad Stokes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Mooreu! I'm going to stick with the prescription for a few more months and if it actually works I'll switch to Morr-F. By using finesteride internally you're referring to a pill like Propecia right? I'm trying to avoid oral consumption cause of the intensity of side effects.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@mooreu
@Chad Stokes

Could one of you guys help me out with a question? I just want to know your thoughts on 82m proprietary base. If you guys have smelt the solution does it smell heavily alcoholic or not to bad? I have found a place that will sell it to me without having to pay for the consultation and they use twice the amount of ingredients in 60ml. I was thinking I could dilute it to save some $ or use it as is and just pay 110 a month. Please let me know your guess on how alcoholic these products are.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never used the 82F solution. If your aim is to save money then buying Morr-F is your best bet.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride seems to have a flat line response so you should get a topical with a minimal dosage in order to avoid going it systemic as much as possible.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never used the 82F solution. If your aim is to save money then buying Morr-F is your best bet.

No my aim is to use a topical without irritating my scalp so that I can get results. The formula 82m supposedly doesn’t cause irritation.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No my aim is to use a topical without irritating my scalp so that I can get results. The formula 82m supposedly doesn’t cause irritation.

Many people find propylene glycol to be an irritant. I'm unsure if Morr-F contains PG or glycerine. You could contact the lab which makes the 82F and inquire as to it's exact contents.