Topical Finasteride 0.005% 2 X Daily

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read or heard of multiple guys trying to replicate Mazzarella study and still got sides. 0.005% is 3mg of finasteride in an entire bottle of minoxidil, still this leads to accumulation with 2 times per day application.
Only concentration i've read about that can be used daily without greatly affecting dht, is 0.0016%, which is 1mg finasteride in a 60ml bottle of minoxidil. quote from user " I have used 0.00166_% x ~2 ml daily for months without change in serum DHT." source

Same user, tried to add dutasteride to this mix with a concentration of 0.0004% that's like 0.25mg per entire bottle and his serum DHT lowered with ~50-60% after months of use.This shows how much more powerful dutasteride is :).
Because it has a longer half life, we have been trying topical dutasteride once a week (0.05% to 1%) and no blood tests showed over 20% inhibiton. Frequency is key dose is pointless

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just to talk

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5227141/

"In the male gonad, estrogens are synthesized in the Leydig cells, Sertoli cells, and mature spermatocytes (1)"

"Estradiol is also produced in a number of extragonadal organs, including the adrenal glands, brain, adipose tissue, skin, pancreas (2-4), and other sites yet to be identified. "

Yeah, they said what I explained before. They get synthesized IN testicles and other tissues, not BY the testicles. It seems like a minor difference, but it's actually what differentiate an endocrine hormone from a paracrine hormone.
Testosterone is produced by the Leydig cells by the input of LH and travels through the blood stream. Once it reaches any tissue in the body, it gets 5-ar reduced of aromatised according to the amount of the enzymes available there.

tang

My Regimen
Reaction score
The hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis controls gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GNRH), the pituitary gland produces luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), the gonads produce estrogen and testosterone. the spyke in testosterone resulting from inhibition of dht cause an increase in estrogen also. the HPG axis regulates itself down in order to balance that raise in testo/estrogen, and some people cant bear this negative (hpg axis)feedback.
Do you know how to suppress the secretion of prolactin, I went to the hospital today and found the prolactin concentration was a little high, and I felt a little weak erection