Topical Finaateide Or Topical Dht Inhibitor

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone using topical Finasteride and having good benefits?

Any topical dht inhibitors that people are using that seem to be working?

Any topical dht inhibitors to look forward too? When is that topical calcesterone winlevi coming out? I would like to buy it ASAP.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do u get it? And any positive things to say in terms of hair?

Got it from Hasson and Wong in Vancouver.

And its only been a month and im not one of those retards that will say “my hair is looking thicker” when it takes 4-6 months to see any results.

Realistically I’m only expecting maintenance with this. Topical finasteride is not as strong as oral so regrowth is not as likely. If my hair can maintain its current state for 3-4 more years I’ll be satisfied.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got it from Hasson and Wong in Vancouver.

And its only been a month and im not one of those retards that will say “my hair is looking thicker” when it takes 4-6 months to see any results.

Realistically I’m only expecting maintenance with this. Topical finasteride is not as strong as oral so regrowth is not as likely. If my hair can maintain its current state for 3-4 more years I’ll be satisfied.
That’s what I am looking for maintenance as well. Do you live in Vancouver. I live in seattle so I wonder if I can just head over there and buy it from them. I am trying to lower my Finasteride dosage to .125mg a day. Right now it’s at .25 EOD.

Hairguru

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey I been using it for a few months topical 15% minoxidil with added finesteride. Jazz posted the link below, has stabilized my Hairloss and had some regrowth. Murray Avenue Apothecary is 100% genuine pharmacy you just need to follow the link and fill the prescription first.

I order mine from Murray Avenue Apothecary, link below how to obtain as you need fill out and pay for the prescription first etc.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...md-closing-check-here-for-alternative.121814/

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s what I am looking for maintenance as well. Do you live in Vancouver. I live in seattle so I wonder if I can just head over there and buy it from them. I am trying to lower my Finasteride dosage to .125mg a day. Right now it’s at .25 EOD.

You’ll need to book a consultation with one of the Doctors and they’ll give you a prescription. You take it down the street in Vancouver to a pharmacy called MacDonalds and they will put you on a waiting list. It is compounded in Europe and shipped to Canada but they can probably ship it to you in Seattle. Wait list is approx 3 months or so.

Costs $260 CAD for a 3 month supply but that’s based on a once daily application. I take it every 3rd day and might go to EOD eventually so my supply will last 6-8 months.

There is 25mg of finasteride in every pump of the topical. Which is a lot. But this topical is made with a special liposomal formula that doesn’t penetrate the bloodstream very much. So far so good for me and I’m hoping results come in 6 months. But I’d be completely happy with maintenance.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’ll need to book a consultation with one of the Doctors and they’ll give you a prescription. You take it down the street in Vancouver to a pharmacy called MacDonalds and they will put you on a waiting list. It is compounded in Europe and shipped to Canada but they can probably ship it to you in Seattle. Wait list is approx 3 months or so.

Costs $260 CAD for a 3 month supply but that’s based on a once daily application. I take it every 3rd day and might go to EOD eventually so my supply will last 6-8 months.

There is 25mg of finasteride in every pump of the topical. Which is a lot. But this topical is made with a special liposomal formula that doesn’t penetrate the bloodstream very much. So far so good for me and I’m hoping results come in 6 months. But I’d be completely happy with maintenance.
I hope you get maintenance

@Hairguru that’s awesome except they don’t have a stand-alone topical Finasteride.
:/

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
I really wish some company would produce a legit topical finasteride only solution

i hate the every reputable topical available has minoxidil too

f*** minoxidil it's absolute sh*t

They do.. check minoxidil m a x.. the thing is they do not sell many formulations in the US due to regulations. They are quite reputable, lipogai n e is their product too..

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really wish some company would produce a legit topical finasteride only solution

i hate the every reputable topical available has minoxidil too

f*** minoxidil it's absolute sh*t

The problem (in layman’s terms as was explained to me) is that the vehicle for topical minoxidil works against you by allowing the topical finasteride to more easily penetrate the bloodstream.

Dr Wong recommends no minoxidil be taken with topical finasteride.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried oral? I would love to try topical but get horrible sides with even a low oral dose.
Yeah I took oral 1mg for just under three weeks and during those 3 weeks not much changed, then all of a sudden I stopped getting morning wood (I get it literally all the time) which concerned me so I stopped and it came back within a week.

I’m just over a month on the topical, applying once every 3 days, and no sides.

Makaveli1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I took oral 1mg for just under three weeks and during those 3 weeks not much changed, then all of a sudden I stopped getting morning wood (I get it literally all the time) which concerned me so I stopped and it came back within a week.

I’m just over a month on the topical, applying once every 3 days, and no sides.
Is it working for u?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@EndlessPossibilities: Has oral finasteride given you side-effects? If you're able to tolerate oral finasteride, it is a lot better than going the topical route. Unlike oral finasteride, topical finasteride has little to no research backing to prove its efficacy. It is most certainly less effective than oral finasteride. Also, a lot of it will go systemic and will cause side-effects. It is actually very possible that its main mode of action is through going systemic in the first place, which would basically defeat the intended purpose of using it.

Last edited:

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@EndlessPossibilities: Has oral finasteride given you side-effects? If you're able to tolerate oral finasteride, it is a lot better than going the topical route. Unlike oral finasteride, topical finasteride has little to no research backing to prove its efficacy. It is most certainly less effective than oral finasteride. Also, a lot of it will go systemic and will cause side-effects. It is actually very possible that its main mode of action is through going systemic in the first place, which would basically defeat the intended purpose of using it.

You are correct about oral finasteride being more effective and having more research behind it.

You are completely wrong about everything else.

Studies have shown that the topical has a lower reduction of Serum DHT while significantly reducing scalp DHT.

Side effects are of course still possible but they are certainly less likely.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

https://donovanmedical.com/hair-blog/topical-finasteride

Dr. Jeff Donovan - Canadian/American board certified dermatologist specializing in hairloss.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are correct about oral finasteride being more effective and having more research behind it.

You are completely wrong about everything else.

Studies have shown that the topical has a lower reduction of Serum DHT while significantly reducing scalp DHT.

Side effects are of course still possible but they are certainly less likely.
Scalp DHT is not what really matters in male pattern baldness though. What matters most is the DHT within the dermal papillae of the hair follicles. This is the DHT that most needs to be inhibited. The late Bryan Shelton, who was an extremely knowledgeable and respected member of these forums, used to frequently mention this fact in his posts. It is not known how much of the DHT within the dermal papillae is inhibited by topical finasteride by means of direct absorption through the skin rather than by the finasteride being absorbed into the bloodstream first and then making its way into the follicles.

INT

Reaction score
Scalp DHT is not what really matters in male pattern baldness though. What matters most is the DHT within the dermal papillae of the hair follicles. This is the DHT that most needs to be inhibited. The late Bryan Shelton, who was an extremely knowledgeable and respected member of these forums, used to frequently mention this fact in his posts. It is not known how much of the DHT within the dermal papillae is inhibited by topical finasteride by means of direct absorption through the skin rather than by the finasteride being absorbed into the bloodstream first and then making its way into the follicles.

But we also don't know how much oral finasteride reduces DHT in the dermal papillae right?

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That’s fair and like I said, oral is certainly more effective, for those who can tolerate it.

The topical is really only meant for those that have had sides with the oral dosage.

The topical is also quite strong. Each 1ml pump of the one i use contains 25mg of finasteride.