Topical dutasteride will destroy your hairline - STAY AWAY!!!

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was facing shedding and thinning so I was worried to lose more but didn’t know I destroyed more with put this toxic sh*t on my head.
That looks like the spike in scalp testosteron did that fuk.... where did you buy your dutasteride?

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WOW - I'm sorry, mate!
your hairline was literally perfect to begin with, you didn't need the stuff. Perhaps your body was responding to lowering DHT on your scalp by increasing it? Wild that is 12 months.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You never had any problem with your hair to begin with, it with thick and perfect. Extremely stupid to start taking powerful hormone altering drugs, who knows how you body reacted to them?

In any case, you're an edge case, not the norm.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's stupid of me but the question is what I can do now to reverse it? or its to late and gonna be that forever?
I have no idea.

I suppose the best bet is to stop taking the medication as you've obviously had an unusual reaction to it and you were NOT going bald in the first place, so there's absolutely no need for it. If you go off the medication, maybe your scalp microbiome will return to what it was before and your hair will grow back at the temples there.

To be honest, it doesn't even look bad in the second photos. I'd love to have hair like that. But the hairline was definitely different in the first one.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's stupid of me but the question is what I can do now to reverse it?
Try what you and the others have already suggested and see how you get on, Dermarolling + topical or oral minoxidil.

(I don't usually mention oral minoxidil but it could be an temporary option to kickstart regrowth for you seeing as its an unusual case)

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty savage pics You went from Andy Garcia to Sergio Garcia in 12 months.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was facing shedding and thinning so I was worried to lose more but didn’t know I destroyed more with put this toxic sh*t on my head.
I'm sure it was the dutasteride and not the fact that you were already starting to lose it. This is like being shot and then blaming the tourniquet for your bleeding

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
No single side effect, I had actually better libido on it and was horny like I was teenage days.

Which one of them is best?

I will check em later washing clothes atm but can you tell me did you dermaroll and applied dutasteride? And how often did you apply it to your head ?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't dermaroll so much maybe 5 times total. But I will start to do it once per week with 1mm.
I applied 2-3 times per week.
So you applied 2-3 Times a week for a year without dermarolling or stamping?