Topical dutasteride test and feedback

Franck

Reaction score
Hello,
I give a little feedback. Following an illness I stopped oral treatments (mainly dutasteride) as a precaution.

It has now been almost a year since I relayed this by a topical protocol
- Topical dutasteride 0.5% in the evening 1 ml from Monday to Friday with massage
- Microneedling 1.5 mm every Sunday evening
- and always ketoconazole in shampoo

No loss No gain, it's more of a success for me.

Regarding topical lotions
- Parati: efficient but viscous
- RegrowDa5 from Minoxidil express: azelaic acid dutasteride: effective, improves the quality of the scalp but very viscous
- Andorra pharmacy lotion with trichosol: much less viscous

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hello,
I give a little feedback. Following an illness I stopped oral treatments (mainly dutasteride) as a precaution.

- Topical dutasteride 0.5% in the evening 1 ml from Monday to Friday with massage

- RegrowDa5 from Minoxidil express: azelaic acid dutasteride: effective, improves the quality of the scalp but very viscous
Thanks for the feedback. Makes me tempted to switch to topical.

Franck

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Makes me tempted to switch to
Thanks for the feedback. Makes me tempted to switch to topical.
Yes
I do not know if other people have done this relay to local treatment ...
because it is a bit rough in terms of the dosage finally
only Regrow D5a gives a dosage of 1ml morning and evening.
the others tristaina and parati it's quite vague

Franck

Reaction score
no None better physical and intellectual shape objectively it's rather as effective and without the side effects of oral treatment The Trichosol base is non-viscous and smells of essential oil. It does the job

jd_uk

Reaction score
Would be interesting to know whether topical dutasteride alters systemic hormone levels. I heard some people claim that the molecule size means it doesn't go systemic but I don't know..sounds too good to be true.

fadedsun88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on a topical compounded by chemistry RX that includes 5% minoxidil, 0.5% dutasteride, bim, cetrizine, and melatonin. So far 2 months no results if anything worse scalp coverage. I use every day at night and 1.5mm dermpen with topical on sundays. Will continue topical treatment on sudnays with microneedling for a few more weeks then stop and just apply at night. So far no sides. I have ordered minoxexpresss dutasteride solution too to see if its any different in efficacy compared to the one I got compounded

jazz1

Reaction score
Awesome.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on a topical compounded by chemistry RX that includes 5% minoxidil, 0.5% dutasteride, bim, cetrizine, and melatonin. So far 2 months no results if anything worse scalp coverage. I use every day at night and 1.5mm dermpen with topical on sundays. Will continue topical treatment on sudnays with microneedling for a few more weeks then stop and just apply at night. So far no sides. I have ordered minoxexpresss dutasteride solution too to see if its any different in efficacy compared to the one I got compounded
if you use 1.5 dermapen and use topical dutasteride afterwards it will go systemic 100%. I used 1.5mm dermastamp and applied 5mg on scalp and had nipple pain on both nipples that lasted for hours. definately it will go systemic u may aswell take it orally too dummy. PS no nipple pain on oral dutasteride for me.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
im 3 months in oral dutasteride and topical but mostly oral and hairline looks as dead as ever before. and losing quite alot of hair.

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How’s this going? I’m currently on a little over 2 months on topical finasteride every night before bed, no dermarolling/dermastamp and haven’t noticed much. Wondering about adding a little bit of minoxidil in my regimen as well but a little skeptical.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just paranoid that minoxidillexpress sell fake active ingredients. But seen 2 that say they have results from them but still paranoid.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Was oral duta effective for you?

ManeTaine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Franck, I got a couple questions hoping you can help me with -

How effective was oral finasteride before you jumped on oral dutasteride? Did you undergo a shed when you switched? Oral finasteride has proved minimally effective for me with several sides (which is tolerable for now) and I'm wondering if taking even topical dutasteride is worth the risk..

Did you have any physical/mental changes, or a shed once you shifted from oral dutasteride or topical dutasteride?

How many hairs are you losing a day now compared to before?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
How’s this going? I’m currently on a little over 2 months on topical finasteride every night before bed, no dermarolling/dermastamp and haven’t noticed much. Wondering about adding a little bit of minoxidil in my regimen as well but a little skeptical.
update about how it works?