Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Received my bottle Dutasteride + Trichosol 0.1% ordered at FUE Clinic today with quiet big lumps on the ground and floating around, is there a chance that it is working though? Shaking the bottle doesn't change anything.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same once. They told me Pyridoxine get's solidify with cold temperatures (it's a vitamin). It did not affect my treatment so I wouldn't worry, as ling the dutas is dissolved well.

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will stop Topical Dutasteride 0.1% for 2 months as this is a perfect opportunity for me to assess what kind of serum DHT reduction 0.025% presents and if it's really just 20% or so and if it I can tolerate it well without sides. If this works my treatment would potentially be Topical finasteride 0.025% EOD and Topical Dutasteride 0.1% or 0.25% once a week to nuke scalp DHT.

Blood test will be taken 1st of June for baseline and at 1 month and 2 months and I shall report back.

I used Topical finasteride 0.025% (compounded with Minoxidil at a German Pharmacy, no China crap) EOD and after 3 months, I had same sides like after 3 days of oral finasteride 1mg. Mainly severe insomnia with hot flashes at night that went much worse after stopping finasteride. 6 weeks after stopping it's getting slowly better now. I didn't check my DHT but I assume it was as low as with oral finasteride. I made a saliva test before I stopped at an online lab and it showed Free T, Estradiol and Cortisol all at the very low end of the scale.

I think to avoid finasteride going systemic it has to be dosed much lower than 0.025%, something like 0.01% and maybe just every fourth day. finasteride is known to bind 4-5 days to tissue so that should theoretically be enough.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for that feedback!

Yes. I am aware of the 4 days. Maybe I'll try it only twice a week and monitor DHT.

If it drops then side effects will show up. If it happens I'll suspend and go back on Topical Dutasteride.

Which carrier did you use?

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for that feedback!

Yes. I am aware of the 4 days. Maybe I'll try it only twice a week and monitor DHT.

If it drops then side effects will show up. If it happens I'll suspend and go back on Topical Dutasteride.

Which carrier did you use?

That is the label of the bottle, the values are the total amount in 100ml:

1620828341981.png

I also don't understand why you don't stay at Topical dutasteride if it works well for you without DHT inhibition.
I don't think I will ever touch finasteride again after it caused weeks of horrible insomnia two times.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well. My surgeon wants me on oral finasteride low dose plus topical dutasteride.

I want to give it a go at 0.025% to see what happens with my hormones. If I get sides then I call it quits and stick to CB0301 and Topical Dutasteride.

If it works without sides then I have one more resource.

Like I said, I like to experiment.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well. My surgeon wants me on oral finasteride low dose plus topical dutasteride.

I want to give it a go at 0.025% to see what happens with my hormones. If I get sides then I call it quits and stick to CB0301 and Topical Dutasteride.

If it works without sides then I have one more resource.

Like I said, I like to experiment.
Thats the spirit mustang!!!

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is the label of the bottle, the values are the total amount in 100ml:

View attachment 162546

I also don't understand why you don't stay at Topical dutasteride if it works well for you without DHT inhibition.
I don't think I will ever touch finasteride again after it caused weeks of horrible insomnia two times.
I have worse sleep on oral dutasteride but it has gotten better. had horrible sleep for 2 weeks or so now its better it takes time for body to adjust dude. also when I dont care about falling asleep and just stop thinking about stuff when im in bed I fall asleep much faster its also mental my friend, stress and thinking too much.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm considering, but it may be too much with little effect. How long have you been on topical + oral dutasteride?
just around 5 months soon. but took 2 weeks break from topical before ran out of product, also ran out now so wont use topical for 2 weeks just oral. but when I get my 2 bottles im gonna use oral dutasteride everyday this time not EOD. and use topical 4mg with 1mm derma stamp once weekly. thats 15ml a week of liquid. because 1ml is just 0.5mg not 1mg. so I do spend alot of money each month for dutasteride but for me its worth it because f*** going bald. if you add in topical too you will reduce scalp DHT by another 30% I believe. because oral duta at 0.5mg reduces scalp DHT by 50% so adding in topical will reach you to 80-90% reduction. so in the end you will barely have any serum DHT or scalp DHT just nuke it all.

Last edited:

johassl

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mustang can u maybe post another picture with your shaved where one can see your arm tattoos too proove that your pictures are legit??

thanks a lot and bestr regards

grg19ggls

My Regimen
Reaction score

georgman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Received my bottle Dutasteride + Trichosol 0.1% ordered at FUE Clinic today with quiet big lumps on the ground and floating around, is there a chance that it is working though? Shaking the bottle doesn't change anything.
how long did it take from ordering to receiving the bottle?

georgman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I shaved my head yesterday as I had surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira in Portugal for zone 2 and reinforcing the hairline. 1200 grafts in total (awesome experience, highly recommend this surgeon)

We did not requite to touch the crown has he told me there was no miniaturization and nowhere to place grafts. I had a big empty spot in my crown 18 months ago so this is obviously working very well with just Topical Dutasteride 0.1% and my serum DHT is unchanged. This is where I apply Dutasteride.

Dr asked me to go on low dose Finasteride (2mg a week) but given the horrible sides I have with it I will be trying Topical Finasteride 0.025% from FUE CLINIC 3 times week. Thus one ML on Mon, Wed and Fridays which is when I normally wash my hair. One 60ml bottle is about 45 euros and would last me 3 months so we are looking at 15 euros a month.

I will stop Topical Dutasteride 0.1% for 2 months as this is a perfect opportunity for me to assess what kind of serum DHT reduction 0.025% presents and if it's really just 20% or so and if it I can tolerate it well without sides. If this works my treatment would potentially be Topical finasteride 0.025% EOD and Topical Dutasteride 0.1% or 0.25% once a week to nuke scalp DHT.

Blood test will be taken 1st of June for baseline and at 1 month and 2 months and I shall report back.

Some pictures of the evolution of my crown on Topical Dutasteride.

Before treatment. 4 months in. Shaven at 18 months. Bare in mind the swirl is cut shorter than the rest.
why would you change your regiment again if the topical dutasteride works so well for you?

I'll have surgery with Dr. Ferreira in October too, and from my consulting I know he really doesn't give a sh*t about treatments other than oral finasteride ... really annoying since as a surgeon he's top notch but he's totally denying the side effects some guys get on finasteride.

Did he say anything about your topical dutasteride use at all? Why does he want you on finasteride tho... I really don't get it. It seems like he doesn't believe this is working out so better go the "safe" route with oral finasteride.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
why would you change your regiment again if the topical dutasteride works so well for you?

I'll have surgery with Dr. Ferreira in October too, and from my consulting I know he really doesn't give a sh*t about treatments other than oral finasteride ... really annoying since as a surgeon he's top notch but he's totally denying the side effects some guys get on finasteride.

Did he say anything about your topical dutasteride use at all? Why does he want you on finasteride tho... I really don't get it. It seems like he doesn't believe this is working out so better go the "safe" route with oral finasteride.
Exactly, you still have lots of serum dht that reach the folicles daily this is why some say that topical dutasteride/finasteride doesnt work for them as I have read. You gotta at least reduce some serum dht if your serum dht is high, nuking all scalp dht while having high serum DHT wont save you.

georgman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, you still have lots of serum dht that reach the folicles daily this is why some say that topical dutasteride/finasteride doesnt work for them as I have read. You gotta at least reduce some serum dht if your serum dht is high, nuking all scalp dht while having high serum DHT wont save you.
Ok, this is a reasonable point indeed. But still, isn't topical Dutasteride better in nuking DHT in den Scalp als oral Dutasteride via nuking Serum DHT? We don't know how much of the intact Serum DHT really goes up into the Scalp since it's also needed elsewhere in the body.

Instead of the additional finasteride I'd rather increase the dosis of the topical Dutasteride or increase apllication so more goes systemic and does the job Dr. Ferreira wants the finasteride to do.

Am I missing here something?

Jorik

My Regimen
Reaction score
yooo, so I am using topical dutasteride for 3 weeks now and I am shedding like a dog, is this normal? could also be my finasteride I guess? 7 months of usage.

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Received my bottle today and mine has big lumps floating around too, not exactly what I expected.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

From what I could understand he believes that Topical Dutasteride works because it goes systemic and the sticking to oral finasteride is easier in the long rung that applying a topical. He does acknowledge the sides on Finasteride orally but believes they can be managed by adjusting the dosage, for example 0.25mg EOD or even less. 0.25mg twice a week.

He was surprised with my crown though and so no miniaturization and knew I was only on Topical Dutasteride for 18 months.

He said I can continue with Topical Dutasteride but add low dose oral finasteride which I will do Topically. He said he is open minded to change his mind as more research comes in on this.

You have to understand these surgeons have been using this pill for 10 to 25 years on their patients with good results to stabilize their androgenic alopecia and this is a new thing. So is CB0301.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Received my bottle today and mine has big lumps floating around too, not exactly what I expected.

I had one come in like that as well but it worked fine. They explained it's a vitamin that get's solidified with cold temperature.

They are now adding RH40 to the diluting process to prevent this on the next bottle as instructed by Fagron.

By the way, here is a picture of their pharma grade Dustasteride I took when I visited the pharmacy.

Attachments

• IMG_4144.jpg
    IMG_4144.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 136