Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey

Which sides did you experience? I would be super interested
With 0.5% my libido did not suffer greatly and had no sides the first 9 months but eventually had brain fog and anxiety so I had to lower it to 0.1%
No sides at this dosage
There was a definite spike in libido for me, presumably from more free test. The second thing I noticed was my sleep very slowly going to sh*t. I'm normally a heavy sleeper, and I was waking up 4-5 times a night unprovoked, even with melatonin/weed. This happened when I tried topical finasteride as well. My moods were off too, whether this was a result of sleep deprivation or the dutasteride I can't be certain. I always felt heavily on edge though.

My experience with sides is that they usually get worse with time, rather than dissipate as they do for some people.

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you talk a little bit about your sides? Or numbers?
I didn't get blood work done if that's what you mean by number. I diluted the .5% into a .1% and still got sides - primarily impacting my quality of sleep/ability to stay asleep. They started after about a month of once every 5 day usage. It sounds like most people don't get impacted by such a low %, but I've gotten side from pretty much anything I've tried, including RU and topical finasteride.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should try 0.05% or 0.1% and space it out every 2 weeks to avoid cumulative effect.

My serum DHT is unaltered at this dosage.

You might be more sensitive than me so I can't confirm this will work for you.

I am quite sensitive to oral finasteride and topical finasteride, it fucks me up bad. Topical dutasteride is the only thing that has worked for me

adamhs

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should try 0.05% or 0.1% and space it out every 2 weeks to avoid cumulative effect.

My serum DHT is unaltered at this dosage.

You might be more sensitive than me so I can't confirm this will work for you.

I am quite sensitive to oral finasteride and topical finasteride, it fucks me up bad. Topical dutasteride is the only thing that has worked for me
You don't get sides from RU?

nico76

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took the plunge and started topical dutasteride yesterday. 0.5mg mixed in with minoxidil on my crown. How long does it take to absorb into the skin? How long do you leave it before washing your hair. I dont want to wash it too soon and reduce the effect of the duta.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took the plunge and started topical dutasteride yesterday. 0.5mg mixed in with minoxidil on my crown. How long does it take to absorb into the skin? How long do you leave it before washing your hair. I dont want to wash it too soon and reduce the effect of the duta.
4 hours

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I AM. I put 1ml of that liquid in a capsule EOD and swallow. also use 10ml of 0.05% which is 5mg dutasteride in total topically once weekly with derma stamp 1.5mm. been doing it for a month or so now, there is absolutely no side effects whatsoever. I dont get sides from dutasteride but I did on finasteride, read a few guys saying the same thing. but im shedding quite abit of hair, but im gonna ride it out. also I did use minoxidill for 5 months before 2% and quit 3 weeks ago so could also be shedding after quitting minoxidil im not sure, I wish I tried oral duta years ago but I was so certain it would give me more or same sides as finasteride but this wasnt the case at all...damn...

I recommend taking a regular duta pill EOD instead of swallowing the topical solution in a capsule. It's the same dosage (1mL of MAA topical contains 0.5mg dutasteride. Standard duta pills are 0.5mg). The pill is significantly cheaper. A lot of people even take the pills only twice a week, or once a week, since duta's effect lasts so long.

im also shedding on duta..its either after quitting minoxidil 3 weeks ago or duta. I have a feeling its duta. but one guy said he shedded alot of hair on duta for months, so much that he wanted to jump out of a window but he said to ride it out because his hair improved in the end.
Shedding is generally good for people who had finasteride/dutasteride! Weak/dying hairs being lost.

Hopefully not related to dropping the minoxidil. Why'd you quit taking it?

Thanks for your input! Always good to get more info here on topical duta.

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply after the shower/washing hair, after drying the hair.

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have been using my own prepared topical dutasteride for 6.5 months.I just simply pour down 2 avodart pills in a bottle.Then i add 2 ml of 70% ethyl alcohol containing disinfectant and finally I put 0.5 ml dmso.I had an incredible shedding in the first 5 months.I was shedding about 250 to 300 a day (sometimes much more).But my hair loss has decreased dramatically in the last 1.5 months.The density of my hair was reduced, it was shedding from my entire top area, but for now it looks like it has recovered.I hope it continues like this and my experience will motivate those who want to start.
Thanks for adding your experience!

If you're going to mix at home, I'd recommend everclear. You can get it at 151 proof (75.5% alcohol) and 190 proof (95% alcohol).
If the 70% disinfectant you're using contains anything besides alcohol (e.g. odors, impurities or other things added to discourage consumption, or other random disinfectants), it might not be good for your scalp.
The everclear is filtered for human consumption/food grade, and much safer.

What was your regimen before topical duta?

Baldymcgrindy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have also begun MAA Topical Dutasteride.05% for a few months. I actually feel like it’s working. That said I’ve lost a bit of libido as of late. I’m wondering if .05% daily is too much or might be building up. I’m considering eod or twice weekly. I tested DHT today. I have a baseline as I’m on TRT. I’m hoping DHT is fine and libido is something else like high cortisol. I’ll report back! This forum has been helpful. Thank you guys!

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have also begun MAA Topical Dutasteride.05% for a few months. I actually feel like it’s working. That said I’ve lost a bit of libido as of late. I’m wondering if .05% daily is too much or might be building up. I’m considering eod or twice weekly. I tested DHT today. I have a baseline as I’m on TRT. I’m hoping DHT is fine and libido is something else like high cortisol. I’ll report back! This forum has been helpful. Thank you guys!
Please let us know if there's a difference. Have you been applying weekly?

joelortiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for adding your experience!

If you're going to mix at home, I'd recommend everclear. You can get it at 151 proof (75.5% alcohol) and 190 proof (95% alcohol).
If the 70% disinfectant you're using contains anything besides alcohol (e.g. odors, impurities or other things added to discourage consumption, or other random disinfectants), it might not be good for your scalp.
The everclear is filtered for human consumption/food grade, and much safer.

What was your regimen before topical duta?
I took oral 1/4 proscar for a week, but I quit thinking it caused brain fog.After that, I used topical finasteride with proscar every 2 days for 1.5 months.I left it because I did not see any benefit and it was no different from taking oral. Then i started topical dutasteride.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 4ml of 0.5% again and DHT dropped to 160 ng/dl from 330 ng/dl, pretty much 50% serum reduction.

No drop at 0.1% so I'm going to try 0.05% now daily or every other day tops to keep stable DHT scalp levels and hopefully serum DHT will remain intact as it did with 0.1%

Anybody else using CB? I am thinking of making a single bottle with CB 7.5%, Dutasteride 0.01%, Latanoprost 0.005% and Minoxidil 7%. This would be very convenient to apply once a day and have everything covered for androgens and stimulating growth as well as thickening.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 4ml of 0.5% again and DHT dropped to 160 ng/dl from 330 ng/dl, pretty much 50% serum reduction.

No drop at 0.1% so I'm going to try 0.05% now daily or every other day tops to keep stable DHT scalp levels and hopefully serum DHT will remain intact as it did with 0.1%

Anybody else using CB? I am thinking of making a single bottle with CB 7.5%, Dutasteride 0.01%, Latanoprost 0.005% and Minoxidil 7%. This would be very convenient to apply once a day and have everything covered for androgens and stimulating growth as well as thickening.
Is it okay to be applying 0.01% dutasteride daily for you? I thought EOD was your best regimen

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never tried 0.01%, my next dosing will be 0.05%
0.1% EOD works fine for me

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recommend taking a regular duta pill EOD instead of swallowing the topical solution in a capsule. It's the same dosage (1mL of MAA topical contains 0.5mg dutasteride. Standard duta pills are 0.5mg). The pill is significantly cheaper. A lot of people even take the pills only twice a week, or once a week, since duta's effect lasts so long.

Shedding is generally good for people who had finasteride/dutasteride! Weak/dying hairs being lost.

Hopefully not related to dropping the minoxidil. Why'd you quit taking it?

Thanks for your input! Always good to get more info here on topical duta.

I cant get my hands on avodart pills. they are always sent from india and the customs take them everytime. or I need to visit my doctor and get a prescription which will be hard cause its not FDA approved for hairloss. I order 2 bottles from murray and I order it every other month and im fine with this. and the reason I quit 2% minoxidill after 5 months was because my hair didnt improve I didnt experience a shed either and my hair looked slightly thinner at front and hairline, but the main reason I quit was because I wanted to solo dutasteride to see if it even works in the first place. if im on different types of hairloss meds then I wont know for certain which one is doing the heavy lifting or which one that even works. the liquid duta contains grain alcohol and propelyn glycol, so its totally safe and non toxic to swallow. tiny doses of oral PG isnt toxic to the body.

Last edited: