Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a definite spike in libido for me, presumably from more free test. The second thing I noticed was my sleep very slowly going to sh*t. I'm normally a heavy sleeper, and I was waking up 4-5 times a night unprovoked, even with melatonin/weed. This happened when I tried topical finasteride as well. My moods were off too, whether this was a result of sleep deprivation or the dutasteride I can't be certain. I always felt heavily on edge though.

My experience with sides is that they usually get worse with time, rather than dissipate as they do for some people.
now when you say it. ever since starting oral duta and topicall my sleep is really bad. I always had bad sleep but now its much worse. I constantly wake up and sleep wake up and sleep and often it takes me hours to fall asleep now hahaha. but hair is worth it in the end, but I dont blame the dutasteride entirely for my sleep, I changed my bed position and also could be work stress and worriness about my hair and other stuff, today I slept better than yesterday for example.

UPDATE. my sleep is normal now.

Last edited:

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 4ml of 0.5% again and DHT dropped to 160 ng/dl from 330 ng/dl, pretty much 50% serum reduction.

No drop at 0.1% so I'm going to try 0.05% now daily or every other day tops to keep stable DHT scalp levels and hopefully serum DHT will remain intact as it did with 0.1%

Anybody else using CB? I am thinking of making a single bottle with CB 7.5%, Dutasteride 0.01%, Latanoprost 0.005% and Minoxidil 7%. This would be very convenient to apply once a day and have everything covered for androgens and stimulating growth as well as thickening.

I'm using CB 7.5% and I'm considering adding topical dutasteride once/week. That topical sounds perfect. Why not increase the Latanoprost from .005 to .05 or .1?

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say Parati is legit. At least my results are great compared to other products.
And to get the prescription online from www.mobidoctor.eu and then just order it and get everything by mail take away so much hassle

Bro almost every single post of your post history is promoting mobidoctor. Please post up your results pics and daily dose, if you're not a salesman. Put a paper with your username in the picture. Otherwise it's hard to believe you're a real person and not working for them.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those that use trichosol, do you need to add anything to it? I’ve just been squeezing dutasteride tablets into it and calculating percents but does something need to be added to dutasteride?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those that use trichosol, do you need to add anything to it? I’ve just been squeezing dutasteride tablets into it and calculating percents but does something need to be added to dutasteride?

Yes some alcohol and PG needs to be added....lol, the answer is NO to your question. Just dont forget to derma stamp at least once a week and right after apply the dutasteride, cant forget the 500 dalton rule here, for best results derma stamping is needed for better penetration in the skin, if it goes systemic do not worry because dutasteride doesnt give you any side effects whatsoever it just makes you abit stronger due to the rise of T. finasteride on the other hand is not to be played with.

fadedsun88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have been following @Mustang for a while and I have a compound pharmacy connect in philly which made me topical dutasteride 0.5% w. bimatorpost.03% cetirizine .2%, minoxidil 5%, melatonin 0.1%.

I am applying .5-1ml every night before bed and I am doing dermpen 1.5mm once a week before application

I tried topical finasteride but got sides, so far no sides from topical dutasteride but a TON of shedding 5 weeks in. Any insight would be great!

fadedsun88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have been following @Mustang for a while and I have a compound pharmacy connect in philly which made me topical dutasteride 0.5% w. bimatorpost.03% cetirizine .2%, minoxidil 5%, melatonin 0.1%.

I am applying .5-1ml every night before bed and I am doing dermpen 1.5mm once a week before application

I tried topical finasteride but got sides, so far no sides from topical dutasteride but a TON of shedding 5 weeks in. Any insight would be great!
Also its not liposomal to my knowledge and I used chemistryRX in philly as my compounder. (not a plug). Worth noting I am a surgeon my self so just wrote myself a script lol. but yea topical finasteride def gave me sides and DEF went systemic. My sides were lower libido with ball ache after 8 weeks of use.

I am discouraged by topical dutasteride at the moment because i have lost a ton of hair so far in this shed. Hopefully it is just the beginning but my scalp doesnt seem any healthier. I will wait 3 months and see what happens. I am taking photos of everything. April 25th will be 3 month mark for me.

fadedsun88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also its not liposomal to my knowledge and I used chemistryRX in philly as my compounder. (not a plug). Worth noting I am a surgeon my self so just wrote myself a script lol. but yea topical finasteride def gave me sides and DEF went systemic. My sides were lower libido with ball ache after 8 weeks of use.

I am discouraged by topical dutasteride at the moment because i have lost a ton of hair so far in this shed. Hopefully it is just the beginning but my scalp doesnt seem any healthier. I will wait 3 months and see what happens. I am taking photos of everything. April 25th will be 3 month mark for me.
My last resort will be to get 1ml of 0.01% of Pure dutasteride in an insulin needle and have my friend perform mesotherapy on me once every 6-8 weeks since the half life of dutasteride is like 5 weeks i think.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, no offense but this has been discussed so much already. Most users are seeing shedding for 6 months before seeing regrowth.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
My last resort will be to get 1ml of 0.01% of Pure dutasteride in an insulin needle and have my friend perform mesotherapy on me once every 6-8 weeks since the half life of dutasteride is like 5 weeks i think.
You are using a bunch of other things with the dutasteride, how can you possibly know dutasteride is the ONLY culprit in shedding? its pretty normal to shed hairs after starting both finasteride and dutasteride, its hormonal changes and restarting of hair folicles.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Are you shedding terminal hairs or miniaturized hairs?

Adding Cetirizine and Bimatoprost is an interesting add on. Shedding could be cause by Minoxidil and not Dutas, specially if you are applying the solution after dermapen 1.5mm

I would not advice dermarolling a solution containing 0.5% dutasteride, you might as well take the pill

fadedsun88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you shedding terminal hairs or miniaturized hairs?

Adding Cetirizine and Bimatoprost is an interesting add on. Shedding could be cause by Minoxidil and not Dutas, specially if you are applying the solution after dermapen 1.5mm

I would not advice dermarolling a solution containing 0.5% dutasteride, you might as well take the pill
They seem mostly miniaturized hairs tbh. And Yes Im gonna calm it down and apply .25ml-.5ml a day and only dermapen on one day a week and not apply anything that day. I appreciate you man

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes some alcohol and PG needs to be added....lol, the answer is NO to your question. Just dont forget to derma stamp at least once a week and right after apply the dutasteride, cant forget the 500 dalton rule here, for best results derma stamping is needed for better penetration in the skin, if it goes systemic do not worry because dutasteride doesnt give you any side effects whatsoever it just makes you abit stronger due to the rise of T. finasteride on the other hand is not to be played with.
I dermastamp but not right after. I wait a few days.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When y'all shed on topicals, is it normally mostly miniaturized ones? I have longer hair(probably around 6+ inches in a lot of places) and I mostly see long, thicker hairs. I've been seeing a ton since growing it longer

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dermastamp but not right after. I wait a few days.
so you dont dermastamp and then directly after apply the dutasteride? I dermastamp 1.5mm on every area of my head I do not miss a single spot, then I apply in total of 5mg of dutasteride on my head rubb it in carefully and put a shower cap over my head so the solution which is alcohol and pg dont evaporate so quickly in the air which alcohol does fast, so the shower cap seals in the air so the alcohol have more time to penetrate the skin. also pop duta orally EOD. no sides whatsoever, finasteride gave me severe problems with my eyes after a month of usage mainly bone dry eyes and blocked tear glands like tooth paste. dutasteride hasnt affected my eyes one bit. im suprised but glad that this is the case. I believe dutasteride works in my body better than finasteride, probably balance my hormones better than finasteride did so I suffer zero side effects. have you tried oral duta before?

Erick0

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 4ml of 0.5% again and DHT dropped to 160 ng/dl from 330 ng/dl, pretty much 50% serum reduction.

No drop at 0.1% so I'm going to try 0.05% now daily or every other day tops to keep stable DHT scalp levels and hopefully serum DHT will remain intact as it did with 0.1%

Anybody else using CB? I am thinking of making a single bottle with CB 7.5%, Dutasteride 0.01%, Latanoprost 0.005% and Minoxidil 7%. This would be very convenient to apply once a day and have everything covered for androgens and stimulating growth as well as thickening.
I'm sorry guys but if it lowers serum by 50% even at 0.5%, it will eventually go systemic no matter what dose you use, it's just a matter of time.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys but if it lowers serum by 50% even at 0.5%, it will eventually go systemic no matter what dose you use, it's just a matter of time.

It doesn't lower serum DHT by 50% when using 0.5%

I advice you read my post again.

How comes I have no serum DHT reduction at 0.1% if it goes Systemic. The equivalent oral dose (2 0.5mg pills) would nuke my DHT below readable levels.

Erick0

My Regimen
Reaction score
You literally said "pretty much 50% serum reduction" when using 0.5%
It's not that you don't have reduction at 0.1%, it's that you don't have it yet... if you give it time to build up you will end with a similar result.
I'm sorry guys, I don't want to be negative but this is the truth.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You literally said "pretty much 50% serum reduction" when using 0.5%
It's not that you don't have reduction at 0.1%, it's that you don't have it yet... if you give it time to build up you will end with a similar result.
I'm sorry guys, I don't want to be negative but this is the truth.

1) I did not say that.

2) I have been on 0.1% for a long time with no reduction, that's weird considering the half life of the drug as already reached it's peak concentration.

No, it's not the truth. It can happen and it's dose dependent. I figured out a pattern and potency to prevent systemic reduction and for it to be effective halting miniaturization. If it would go systemic or build up I would have significant DHT reduction and I have not.

Some people get up to 25% DHT reduction using 0.25% over 6 weeks. This is NOTHING compared to Finasteride's 70% and far more effective.