Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i've been following this forum and this thread in particular for a while, Im currently only on minoxidil but now losing ground. The idea of toical duta seems the best option to minimalise serum dht reduction. I've been searching various youtube videos to gather info about topical duta. I came across one but i'm unable to link this as i'm a new member. search "topical dutastride DrBhatti" and it should not be too hard to find.

He reckons that Polchem are working on topical duta, but a quick search only confirms what is already known - that Polychem are developing a topical finasteride product.
This is description that is posted on the youtude video:

"Dutasteride has a lot of potential in hair loss in general but hair transplant regrowth in particular. The use of Dutasteride in its topical form is the next big thing for hair transplant doctors and clinics.I was recently talking to a scientist who also happens to be a former hair transplant patient of mine and is working today with a leading drug company. This pharmaceutical company is in the forefront of research as regards topical DHT formulations especially Dutasteride. Dutasteride or Avodart is a triple isoenzyme 5AR inhibitor. It affects Type 1 isoenzyme which is more prevalent in the scalp unlike Finasteride that effects Type 2 that is more prostate specific. So we would not be surprised if the benefit of its topical formulation will be much more effective than the superiority of Dutasteride pills over Finasteride pills. Dutasteride and topical use of DHT blockers have shot into the limelight due to 2 reasons- sexual side effects which have evinced greater use of topical formulations and on the other in the overwhelming number who had no side effects but the effect of single isoenzyme DHT blockers waned after years of use. The unpopularity of Finasteride In brief I will recapitulate the earlier video comparing Dutasteride with another popular DHT blocker. In this video we shall discuss some use of Dutasteride in the horizon of hair loss cures in the next couple years and the promise they hold. Important facts about Dutasteride: First approved for prostatic hypertrophy by FDA in 2001 GSK has not pressed for its approval with FDA taking a cue from bad publicity for Merck with Finasteride 5AR inhibitor but effects all 3 isoenzymes unlike its counterpart Finasteride. So it causes more decrease in DHT levels (94% vs. 70% with F) and higher circulating Testosterone levels and hence higher side effects Causes 90% maintenance of thinning hair and 5% users have sexual side effects while finasteride maintenance rate is 70% With growing anxieties about use of oral DHT blockers, what everyone is hoping for is a better topical Dutasteride. Which can be delivered in controlled titrated doses at the root level efficaciously and safely in doses which do not saturate this environment causing spill into the bloodstream and elevated serum levels and sexual side effects. Many clinics have started making their own versions by co-opting local pharmacies. However, for them to make topical dutasteride that is effective is a pipe dream. Why? Because the science of topical medication delivery is fat too complex to be casually experimented with. Most are churning out placebos. These cannot be substantiated scientifically. A very large company Polichem has devoted years of research in perfecting its drug delivery system. Local pharmacies use half aqueous and half ethanol solution as solvent unmindful of the fact that most of Dutasteride and Finasteride precipitates and is not deliverable) besides chitosan to improve drug permeability into skin but it cannot take care of the problem of solubility of Dutasteride or Finasteride for that matter. There is more chemistry involved than simply mixing 2 solutions. Polichem has been tight lipped about their vehicle but there is a rumor that they have been using nano-carriers alongwith chitosan in form of a molecular complex with polymersomes. These newer vehicles of effective delivery are the future of hair loss treatment. We want reliable formulations and nt magic cures any more fro hair loss. And the present ethanol and polyol formulaions that are irritating, greasy and difficult to apply really suck. So be happy since the potential of present DHT blockers has not yet been exhausted!"

I want this guy to be legit but as i cant find anything about polychem producing topical duta, i'm a bit scepital of this claim.
@MrOscar whats your opinion on this if you don’t mind?

INT

Reaction score
Hi, i've been following this forum and this thread in particular for a while, Im currently only on minoxidil but now losing ground. The idea of toical duta seems the best option to minimalise serum dht reduction. I've been searching various youtube videos to gather info about topical duta. I came across one but i'm unable to link this as i'm a new member. search "topical dutastride DrBhatti" and it should not be too hard to find.

He reckons that Polchem are working on topical duta, but a quick search only confirms what is already known - that Polychem are developing a topical finasteride product.
This is description that is posted on the youtude video:

"Dutasteride has a lot of potential in hair loss in general but hair transplant regrowth in particular. The use of Dutasteride in its topical form is the next big thing for hair transplant doctors and clinics.I was recently talking to a scientist who also happens to be a former hair transplant patient of mine and is working today with a leading drug company. This pharmaceutical company is in the forefront of research as regards topical DHT formulations especially Dutasteride. Dutasteride or Avodart is a triple isoenzyme 5AR inhibitor. It affects Type 1 isoenzyme which is more prevalent in the scalp unlike Finasteride that effects Type 2 that is more prostate specific. So we would not be surprised if the benefit of its topical formulation will be much more effective than the superiority of Dutasteride pills over Finasteride pills. Dutasteride and topical use of DHT blockers have shot into the limelight due to 2 reasons- sexual side effects which have evinced greater use of topical formulations and on the other in the overwhelming number who had no side effects but the effect of single isoenzyme DHT blockers waned after years of use. The unpopularity of Finasteride In brief I will recapitulate the earlier video comparing Dutasteride with another popular DHT blocker. In this video we shall discuss some use of Dutasteride in the horizon of hair loss cures in the next couple years and the promise they hold. Important facts about Dutasteride: First approved for prostatic hypertrophy by FDA in 2001 GSK has not pressed for its approval with FDA taking a cue from bad publicity for Merck with Finasteride 5AR inhibitor but effects all 3 isoenzymes unlike its counterpart Finasteride. So it causes more decrease in DHT levels (94% vs. 70% with F) and higher circulating Testosterone levels and hence higher side effects Causes 90% maintenance of thinning hair and 5% users have sexual side effects while finasteride maintenance rate is 70% With growing anxieties about use of oral DHT blockers, what everyone is hoping for is a better topical Dutasteride. Which can be delivered in controlled titrated doses at the root level efficaciously and safely in doses which do not saturate this environment causing spill into the bloodstream and elevated serum levels and sexual side effects. Many clinics have started making their own versions by co-opting local pharmacies. However, for them to make topical dutasteride that is effective is a pipe dream. Why? Because the science of topical medication delivery is fat too complex to be casually experimented with. Most are churning out placebos. These cannot be substantiated scientifically. A very large company Polichem has devoted years of research in perfecting its drug delivery system. Local pharmacies use half aqueous and half ethanol solution as solvent unmindful of the fact that most of Dutasteride and Finasteride precipitates and is not deliverable) besides chitosan to improve drug permeability into skin but it cannot take care of the problem of solubility of Dutasteride or Finasteride for that matter. There is more chemistry involved than simply mixing 2 solutions. Polichem has been tight lipped about their vehicle but there is a rumor that they have been using nano-carriers alongwith chitosan in form of a molecular complex with polymersomes. These newer vehicles of effective delivery are the future of hair loss treatment. We want reliable formulations and nt magic cures any more fro hair loss. And the present ethanol and polyol formulaions that are irritating, greasy and difficult to apply really suck. So be happy since the potential of present DHT blockers has not yet been exhausted!"

I want this guy to be legit but as i cant find anything about polychem producing topical duta, i'm a bit scepital of this claim.

Enter

MrOscar

My Regimen
Reaction score
@MrOscar whats your opinion on this if you don’t mind?
I think modified chitosan is an interesting polymer, as it's positively charged so it's good for binding on the skin.
Polichem with finasteride gel achieved the best scalp DHT decrease ever published, by using hydroxypropyl chitosan. The hydroxypropyl doesn't seem ready available by googling, but there is a soluble chitosan pca, that can be found on the online shops selling cosmetics ingredients.
Probably making at home nanoparticles is not for everyone, but a gel similar to the one developed by Polichem could be done, but obviously by adjusting the concentration to dutasteride potency.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who are taking oral finasteride you are also blocking allopregnanolone as 5AR blocks the conversion to dihydroprogesterone. This hormone is key in anxiety and depression as well as neurogenesis. I strongly suspect that the famous "brain fog" cause by finasteride is a direct result of a decrease in allopregnanolone rather than DHT. You could, in theory (I am not recommending it as I have not studied the subject in depth) supplement on progesterone (micronized) to increase it. I know people that do and take finasteride, they claim it works.
Does dutasteride not block allopregnalone?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just go my labs back.

My DHT sits at 333,00 pg/ml

It normally ranges between 180-275 with 0.5% Topical Dutasteride or close to 180 with oral Finasteride. On 0.1% Topical Dutasteride every other day (at the time labs were taken) there seems to be no serum DHT decline at all, in fact it's a little higher than normal. I have no sides at this dosage either. If I try 0.5% then sides appear with either Liposomal or Trichosol.

This is remarkable as my hair loss continues to be minimal and crown to get thicker, I am losing 5 hairs a day on average.

I think 0.1% can get the job done perfectly without any sides. I will be doing a biopsy in March to measure androgens on the scalp with and without CB-03-01 10% + Topical dutasteride. CB I will test at local UNI lab in Spain before using it to make sure it's pure.

nico76

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm considering microdosing topical Duta. Would mixing the Duta capsules directly into a bottle of stemoxydine work?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm considering microdosing topical Duta. Would mixing the Duta capsules directly into a bottle of stemoxydine work?

I have my doubts. Capsules from pharmacies are soft gelatin capsules dissolved in a mixture of mono-di-glycerides.

Dutasteride (powder) is best dissolved in plant/fat oil based vehicles. Some people say it's ONLY soluble in specific fat/oils. I can't confirm this.

I have the graph somewhere

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just go my labs back.

My DHT sits at 333,00 pg/ml

It normally ranges between 180-275 with 0.5% Topical Dutasteride or close to 180 with oral Finasteride. On 0.1% Topical Dutasteride every other day (at the time labs were taken) there seems to be no serum DHT decline at all, in fact it's a little higher than normal. I have no sides at this dosage either. If I try 0.5% then sides appear with either Liposomal or Trichosol.

This is remarkable as my hair loss continues to be minimal and crown to get thicker, I am losing 5 hairs a day on average.

I think 0.1% can get the job done perfectly without any sides. I will be doing a biopsy in March to measure androgens on the scalp with and without CB-03-01 10% + Topical dutasteride. CB I will test at local UNI lab in Spain before using it to make sure it's pure.
Will CB work on the front where dutasteride doesn’t?

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. At least orally.
I don't know about topically. In theory yes if a large amount is used. I experienced massive anxiety after a large dosage
Not at 0.1%
Why would it topically if not orally? That makes no sense. They’re the same medication and orally affects systemic things way more

Dalcounter

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys nice thread here.How much % and ml daily apply of topical dutasteride ? Please answer me .Im very interested .

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would it topically if not orally? That makes no sense. They’re the same medication and orally affects systemic things way more

I don't understand you question. I said orally yes, topically not sure

You avoid the first liver pass ideally topically. We certainly have far less sides reports on topical dutasteride so it's anecdotally evident this far

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will CB work on the front where dutasteride doesn’t?

I would not know since I have not used it and my hairline is all transplanted.

In theory yes, RU58841 has saved many steroid users hairlines but then again RU is stronger than CB

I hope CB at 10% will be strong enough for to compete with the AR receptors against other androgens

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand you question. I said orally yes, topically not sure

You avoid the first liver pass ideally topically. We certainly have far less sides reports on topical dutasteride so it's anecdotally evident this far
Has anyone got brain fog on topical dutasteride like I’ve seen some sexual stuff but no brain fog? What even is brain fog anyways?

Last edited:

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lab report for CB just came back from another supplier in China

99.4%

This is amazing news. I will make a bottle and check adrenal function plus asses hair loss.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    215.8 KB · Views: 170

adamhs

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you guys source your dutasteride? Since it has to be in powedered form for you to create a topical solution that works well, I guess the capsules wouldn't work?

Is trichosol the vehicle that works best?

I'm currently trying to get a bottle from Mwamba, but it's taking a while and also if it works, probably not a cost effective solution. Making it myself with powder would be ideal.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are some companies selling Dutasteride raw powder but make sure you test it.

Kane shop (and Anagen inc) sells fake or cuts stuff. I tested their CB and it was 53% impure. I would not be surprised if they do the same with Dutasteride.

This is why I get it ready made because it's pharma grade from an established pharmacy.

Last edited: