Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
btw...maybe spironolactone 1% in minoxidil could help to prevent T from damaging hairline too...

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try topical keto 2% cream with daily microneedling for better absorption. Concentrated keto has evidence that it’s a weak competitor for the ARs. But since you’re concentrating it in the tissue it might be enough. If not that, fluridil may be an alternative

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try topical keto 2% cream with daily microneedling for better absorption. Concentrated keto has evidence that it’s a weak competitor for the ARs. But since you’re concentrating it in the tissue it might be enough. If not that, fluridil may be an alternative
From what I heard fluridil and alfatradiol are just weak sh*t. I am from Germany where you can get both very easy and nobody uses it, even the manufacturer of El Cranell/Pantostin aka alfatradiol says it is for mild hair loss only, while many German people who tried it out say it doesn't work at all. The only study that shows that fluridil works is from the manufacturer of fluridil itself, so that's not a reliable study.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I heard fluridil and alfatradiol are just weak sh*t. I am from Germany where you can get both very easy and nobody uses it, even the manufacturer of El Cranell/Pantostin aka alfatradiol says it is for mild hair loss only, while many German people who tried it out say it doesn't work at all. The only study that shows that fluridil works is from the manufacturer of fluridil itself, so that's not a reliable study.
Yeah it’s really supposed to be a supplement to finasteride or dutasteride. Only to block off residual androgens

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am from Germany and I don't know the source you are talking about. Do you mean ActiFolic? They are from the Netherlands not Germany.

@Hairlossnewbie I think it was something like "paretti" or "peretti"​

I'm pretty sure it's compounded in Germany. That is at least what the guy said in his email

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey

Yeah!

Parati, they are the best! They make it exactly how you want it, and its super high quality and CHEAP!"

you just need a prescription, but that you get from mobidoctor

Parati is good, I used it for 9 months with success but got sides in the end so had to switch.

If you order from them make sure to use a new bottle every 2 months as it loses it's potency quite fast. I am not sure why, others have reported the same.

DudeWheresMyHairGone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Parati is good, I used it for 9 months with success but got sides in the end so had to switch.

If you order from them make sure to use a new bottle every 2 months as it loses it's potency quite fast. I am not sure why, others have reported the same.

Where do you guys get legit Topical dutasteride from then? I've just ordered my first jar of 0.25% dutasteride w/ Trichosol 100ml, but Trichosol has a shelf life of 3 months only, in which I would only use about 20ml, so I would have to throw away 80ml.

Any of you guys got a way around this?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you guys get legit Topical dutasteride from then? I've just ordered my first jar of 0.25% dutasteride w/ Trichosol 100ml, but Trichosol has a shelf life of 3 months only, in which I would only use about 20ml, so I would have to throw away 80ml.

Any of you guys got a way around this?

3 months? Where did you read that? I'd be interested to check it out

I always throw away half of the bottles. Parati I threw away 3/4 of the bottle, didn't do anything after 2 1/2 months. I was on a steady TRT dosage and shedding would start around that time every time. It would stop within a week with a new bottle

DudeWheresMyHairGone

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months? Where did you read that? I'd be interested to check it out

I always throw away half of the bottles. Parati I threw away 3/4 of the bottle, didn't do anything after 2 1/2 months. I was on a steady TRT dosage and shedding would start around that time every time. It would stop within a week with a new bottle
It was on one of the product descriptions from the site I get it.

So you're saying it loses effectiveness after 2 1/2 months? Is that DUE to shelf life or something else? Ever tried making your own solution?
Also do you needle before application? Some say this is basically mesotherapy if you needle like 2mm on your scalp and then apply it.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you needle then it's mesotherapy. I do not, for now, but it's highly effective.

Can you send me the link of the site where you get trichosol please?

grg19ggls

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was on one of the product descriptions from the site I get it.

So you're saying it loses effectiveness after 2 1/2 months? Is that DUE to shelf life or something else? Ever tried making your own solution?
Also do you needle before application? Some say this is basically mesotherapy if you needle like 2mm on your scalp and then apply it.

You are right.
Fagron official formulation guide says that:
Trichosol + Finasteride lasts 90 days
Trichosol + Dutasteride lasts 30 days

@Mustang can you ask dr Mwamba opinion about this?

Attachments

• Dutasteride.png
    Dutasteride.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Finasteride.png
    Finasteride.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Finasteride+Minoxidil.png
    Finasteride+Minoxidil.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 127

DudeWheresMyHairGone

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are right.
Fagron official formulation guide says that:
Trichosol + Finasteride lasts 90 days
Trichosol + Dutasteride lasts 30 days

@Mustang can you ask dr Mwamba opinion about this?
Just 30 days?? Hmmm, thats stupid, so they sell 100ml bottles, but in a month you would use 5ml which means you would throw away 95ml of it. Is there someway to preserve, like freezing it or something?

I know somebody got their bottle yesterday and its got an expiry date of June on the bottle.

also beyond use date is a pretty broad term, what does that mean?

grg19ggls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just 30 days?? Hmmm, thats stupid, so they sell 100ml bottles, but in a month you would use 5ml which means you would throw away 95ml of it. Is there someway to preserve, like freezing it or something?

I know somebody got their bottle yesterday and its got an expiry date of June on the bottle.

also beyond use date is a pretty broad term, what does that mean?

For me it does not make sense that Dutasteride + Trichosol lasts 30 days while Finasteride + Trichosol lasts 90 days.
I believe that it has to do with something like "we have not checked whether it is useful in 90 days, so we can only state that it is useful for 30 days", or something like that.

Anyway, you can find a pharmacy and ask them to compound you smaller amounts (20-30 ml or so), depending on how often you apply the formula.

DudeWheresMyHairGone

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me it does not make sense that Dutasteride + Trichosol lasts 30 days while Finasteride + Trichosol lasts 90 days.
I believe that it has to do with something like "we have not checked whether it is useful in 90 days, so we can only state that it is useful for 30 days", or something like that.

Anyway, you can find a pharmacy and ask them to compound you smaller amounts (20-30 ml or so), depending on how often you apply the formula.
Yes, I think if Topical finasteride has a use date of 3 months, Topical dutasteride will be the same, because its the actual Trichosol that has the short shelf life, the actual finasteride & dutasteride have long shelf lifes, so indeed it does not make sense that these twos shelf life differ, because its the carrier that has the short shelf life and they both use the same carrier.

For now I'm going to assume that the shelf life for Topical dutasteride w/ Trichosol is 3 months (90 days). Now if only I could get 50ml for like 25EURO rather than 100ml for 50EURO, 100ml is still far too much for 3 months.

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
This also depends on the temperature of wherever you store it. It will degrade faster in warm temperatures.

nico76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i've been following this forum and this thread in particular for a while, Im currently only on minoxidil but now losing ground. The idea of topical duta seems the best option to minimalise serum dht reduction. I've been searching various youtube videos to gather info about topical duta. I came across one but i'm unable to link this as i'm a new member. search "topical dutastride DrBhatti" and it should not be too hard to find.

He reckons that Polichem are working on topical duta, but a quick search only confirms what is already known - that Polichem are developing a topical finasteride product.
This is description that is posted on his youtube video:

"Dutasteride has a lot of potential in hair loss in general but hair transplant regrowth in particular. The use of Dutasteride in its topical form is the next big thing for hair transplant doctors and clinics.I was recently talking to a scientist who also happens to be a former hair transplant patient of mine and is working today with a leading drug company. This pharmaceutical company is in the forefront of research as regards topical DHT formulations especially Dutasteride. Dutasteride or Avodart is a triple isoenzyme 5AR inhibitor. It affects Type 1 isoenzyme which is more prevalent in the scalp unlike Finasteride that effects Type 2 that is more prostate specific. So we would not be surprised if the benefit of its topical formulation will be much more effective than the superiority of Dutasteride pills over Finasteride pills. Dutasteride and topical use of DHT blockers have shot into the limelight due to 2 reasons- sexual side effects which have evinced greater use of topical formulations and on the other in the overwhelming number who had no side effects but the effect of single isoenzyme DHT blockers waned after years of use. The unpopularity of Finasteride In brief I will recapitulate the earlier video comparing Dutasteride with another popular DHT blocker. In this video we shall discuss some use of Dutasteride in the horizon of hair loss cures in the next couple years and the promise they hold. Important facts about Dutasteride: First approved for prostatic hypertrophy by FDA in 2001 GSK has not pressed for its approval with FDA taking a cue from bad publicity for Merck with Finasteride 5AR inhibitor but effects all 3 isoenzymes unlike its counterpart Finasteride. So it causes more decrease in DHT levels (94% vs. 70% with F) and higher circulating Testosterone levels and hence higher side effects Causes 90% maintenance of thinning hair and 5% users have sexual side effects while finasteride maintenance rate is 70% With growing anxieties about use of oral DHT blockers, what everyone is hoping for is a better topical Dutasteride. Which can be delivered in controlled titrated doses at the root level efficaciously and safely in doses which do not saturate this environment causing spill into the bloodstream and elevated serum levels and sexual side effects. Many clinics have started making their own versions by co-opting local pharmacies. However, for them to make topical dutasteride that is effective is a pipe dream. Why? Because the science of topical medication delivery is fat too complex to be casually experimented with. Most are churning out placebos. These cannot be substantiated scientifically. A very large company Polichem has devoted years of research in perfecting its drug delivery system. Local pharmacies use half aqueous and half ethanol solution as solvent unmindful of the fact that most of Dutasteride and Finasteride precipitates and is not deliverable) besides chitosan to improve drug permeability into skin but it cannot take care of the problem of solubility of Dutasteride or Finasteride for that matter. There is more chemistry involved than simply mixing 2 solutions. Polichem has been tight lipped about their vehicle but there is a rumor that they have been using nano-carriers alongwith chitosan in form of a molecular complex with polymersomes. These newer vehicles of effective delivery are the future of hair loss treatment. We want reliable formulations and not magic cures any more for hair loss. And the present ethanol and polyol formulaions that are irritating, greasy and difficult to apply really suck. So be happy since the potential of present DHT blockers has not yet been exhausted!"

I want this guy to be legit but as i cant find anything about polichem producing topical duta, i'm a bit sceptical of this claim.

Last edited: