Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Source? which studies prove this?

Also most clinics i've visited either refuse to reveal their formulation (which is pretty damn stupid and you shouldn't give them your money) or are using simply water for injection. A liposomated alternative for injection exists but I don't have the details.

It's petty simple

If they inject at 4mm they use saline solution. If they use dermapen at 2mm (like Dr Pelo, the most popular and the one with best results) they use trichosol.

Anyways, you can do this yourself. It's 100% exactly the same as paying a clinic

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know Dr Mwamba has dozens of patients on it for some time now. He told me almost all of them have continued their treatment and many have stopped oral treatment and maintained or improved their hair density. I suppose the lack of sides is what really matters here alongside with keeping what we have.

I have been having quite some anxiety lately and a little brain fog but work has been very stressful lately as well so I can't put it on the topical dutasteride. The brain fog on topical finasteride was unbearable

jumptr

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s still too soon to call it a success, but it’s been almost 3 weeks since I started the topical dutasteride and my shedding is still reduced significantly, and scalp is no longer oily or itchy like before. @NaNaMaOn

jumptr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mustang have you noticed any changes with the amount of sebum on your scalp or the “scalp itch” since starting topical dutasteride?

fran15

Reaction score
I am enthusiastic about topical dutasteride but, to claim it's effective right after first application seems far-fetched to me.

So far, I would say that at least 80% of HairLossTalk.com users (from the Discord chat) who implemented a low dose topical duta regimen are undergoing a dramatic shedding with overall worsening of their density. IDK why but it seems topical AAs come with a 100% sure shedding. I, myself, had to give up on topical finasteride after losing so much of my density for 6 months.

I would recommend to ride out the shedding, but I know for a fact it's pretty hard to do so in reality.

EDIT: In fact, except for Vincent and Mustang's cases, everyone is shedding...
For those on the low dose topical dutasteride regime, Is there a general consensus around dose and frequency of application? I know Sonic said in his "summary of our findings" post that they were settled around 1mg once a week to be on the safe side, and that 2.5mg might be close to the ideal dose - is this still what people who have been experimenting with it are thinking?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those on the low dose topical dutasteride regime, Is there a general consensus around dose and frequency of application? I know Sonic said in his "summary of our findings" post that they were settled around 1mg once a week to be on the safe side, and that 2.5mg might be close to the ideal dose - is this still what people who have been experimenting with it are thinking?
5 mg was too much as well as the 2.5 mg but it's closer. I would say go for 1 mg a week max maybe 1.5

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 mg was too much as well as the 2.5 mg but it's closer. I would say go for 1 mg a week max maybe 1.5
how long do you let it sit on the scalp before washing it out? I'm doing 10 mg each week (1%) and if i don't let it sit for more then something like 10 hours, i don't think i get sides, maybe some less libido, but it's hard to tell as i'm using other stuff too.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long do you let it sit on the scalp before washing it out? I'm doing 10 mg each week (1%) and if i don't let it sit for more then something like 10 hours, i don't think i get sides, maybe some less libido, but it's hard to tell as i'm using other stuff too.
Hard to tell without proper blood test. Sometimes 4 hours sometimes 4 days

TH1RT33N

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats the name of the discord?

Shedding means it's working right? Id say its unlikely to advance your male pattern baldness other than just usual shedding induced by drugs that work, like finasteride - Min those hairs should then be replaced by strong thick ones

Last edited:

TH1RT33N

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think all this talk about molecular weight is far less important than what people give it credit for (at least for overall absorption potential). In the lactoferrin study they talk about large molecular weight proteins (10+ kDa) easily making their way to the to the hair follicle via the hair shaft. They pretty much plopped a 80 kDa protein in nothing but water, smeared it onto mice backs and observed increased hair growth. Granted, it was mice, but I believe that large molecules can enter human skin with similar ease. Here it is (check references as well):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6546667/

I think this is even better because rather than entering via the skin, entering via the hair shaft gives it a greater chance of binding to some part of the DP and staying there, rather than cruising around into the bloodstream. In fact it only makes me want to increase the size of other molecules by attaching some protein to them to make them less likely to cause side effects. However given my experience with fina I'm not going to be one trying this, but good luck to whomever does.
Did you ever get your bloods taken before you tried finasteride?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

grg19ggls

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know Dr Mwamba has dozens of patients on it for some time now. He told me almost all of them have continued their treatment and many have stopped oral treatment and maintained or improved their hair density. I suppose the lack of sides is what really matters here alongside with keeping what we have.

I have been having quite some anxiety lately and a little brain fog but work has been very stressful lately as well so I can't put it on the topical dutasteride. The brain fog on topical finasteride was unbearable
how many times a week does dr. Mwamba advice his patients to use topical dutasteride?
do you think I can combine trichosol + 0,1% dutasteride + 7% minoxidil?

fran15

Reaction score
Thanks for that! Obviously I know it's not a controlled study, but approximately how many people were trying this for you guys to come up with 1-1.5mg/week?

Leauxi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interested in trying topical dutasteride myself. Currently on topical finasteride, losing ground, so looking for something stronger. Have seen a lot of anecdotes about people having endless shedding. How many of you can share success stories?
Also do we know the comparison of serum dht reduction between topical finasteride & dutasteride?

PolishGuy

Reaction score
Did anyone have response from dr Mwamba? I ordered topical dutasteride from the website, they asked me for photos which i send to them and they didn't respond.

Harleyj888

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone have response from dr Mwamba? I ordered topical dutasteride from the website, they asked me for photos which i send to them and they didn't respond.
Same here, they asked for me details which I sent and they havnt responded.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked Dr Mwamba on WhatsApp about this and they told me they are fixing a problem with their hosting server and that they will get back to patients early next week including enquiries about treatments

Hope this helps