Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone else get acne on it?

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
but I did get post saw palemtto syndrome at age 23 aka "post finasteride syndrome" I suffered from it for a full year until I recovered, but I never recovered fully from it but close enough so Im absolutely not saying its all in your head but your experience still seems abit odd to me. reffering to charger.

I use saw palmetto, 3x 320mg softgels per day (Doctor's best brand, from euromed)

Did saw palmetto help your hair, or did it just give you pfs and sides?

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My bad it's 30 pills if you use 2ml, 60 pills if you use 1ml
Thanks. So what % does that amount to? I read somewhere else that they mixed 20 pills into a 60ml min bottle. Can I just mix in a pill with 2ml of min a couple of days a week?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. So what % does that amount to? I read somewhere else that they mixed 20 pills into a 60ml min bottle. Can I just mix in a pill with 2ml of min a couple of days a week?
I personally use 0.5 mg per 2 ml weekly.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
That works too. Put a needle and pierce the capsule squeeze the liquid into minoxidil

TH1RT33N

My Regimen
Reaction score
Excerpt from Patent for a topical formulation of dutasteride - Google Patent WO2019012353A1

May I direct your attention to what they claim are the benefits of this:

"1. It provides the effects of preventing hair loss and stimulating hair growth that are equal to or higher than that of conventional treatment agents (oral dutasteride & finasteride) even though the amount of dutasteride used is less than one half, more preferably less than two fifth that of the conventional treatment agents (oral dutasteride and finasteride).

2. There are almost no systemic side effects of the conventional treatment agents (oral dutasteride and finasteride).

3. It is possible to effectively prevent hair loss from the beginning of the treatment due to a rapid onset of the effect; and

4. It provides almost 100% effect to patients with hair loss, unlike the conventional prescription (oral dutasteride and finasteride) that provides about 70% effect."

Are they allowed to just make this up or is it clinically found to be accurate?

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
just order topical dutasteride and use it once a week
I've been running 0.25% trichosol weekly for like 6 months, then for the last 2 months, im doing 1% finastopic (finastopic is an alternative vehicle, im talking about dutasteride), both contain minoxidil at 5%. The rest of the week I continued my usual 5% minoxidil+0.25% finasteride foam treatment I've done for the last like 9 years.

Does jack sh*t, in fact im losing ground. So unless it's shedding and it will regrow, im going f*****g bald.

Im considering starting RU but it's a meme, you don't know what you are buying from the chinese. Also still haven't seen the theory of it upregulating receptors long term thus making you go bald faster disproved.

Also considering buying a derminator. Can you use the derminator with betadin gel on top of the scalp or will the needles get stuck? I've seen an study where it gave better results beside it being a protector against infections.

Still not doing mesotherapy due covid, but im worried about it because I feel like im dealing with retards that can't tell 0.01% dosages from 1%.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im using 0.1% every other day
Unfortunately it expires or loses it's potency after 4 months (I keep it at 3 months just to be safe)

Vehicle is trichosol which is plant based, no alcohol. This is the best option for diluting dutasteride and what's used by clinics for mesotherapy around the world
Source? which studies prove this?

Also most clinics i've visited either refuse to reveal their formulation (which is pretty damn stupid and you shouldn't give them your money) or are using simply water for injection. A liposomated alternative for injection exists but I don't have the details.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but dermapen is better than rolling.
Anything between 2mm and 4mm is considered mesotherapy.
Most clinics in Spain use dermapen. Others inject.
Makes no difference.
In fact, you release more growth factors with dermapen.

Trichosol is just for solubility, plant oil based vehicles are the absolute best for dutasteride solubility

It can also be soluble on ethanol and polyethylene glycol however that would sting like crazy with mesotherapy.
Penetration should be better by injecting intradermally than dermapenning and rubbing the lotion on top, judging logically. I haven't seen studies comparing efficacy tho. In any case if one wanted growth factors then just do a separate dermapen session? why compromise when you can have both injection and dermapen.

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the 4th week, he already has serum DHT of 612 pg/ml, only 200 more than his RU/finasteride combo while still having substantially more scalp DHT. Though he does have higher free and total test that could be making up for it.

I'm not ruling out topical dutasteride as an option, even an effective one. But seeing the difference in scalp dht of topical dutasteride vs RU/finasteride has me wondering how much of the heavy lifting RU could be doing that isn't being considered or overlooked. Just saying, a scalp biopsy of a solo RU run would be interesting. I know of binding affinities, but that doesn't necessarily rule it out, just like something being 500 daltons doesn't mean it won't go systemic.
I would like to see stats on a RU solo run as well. However, here is the twist:

If RU is an androgen receptor blocker, then that means basically the receptor gets blocked by RU, like a "dummy molecule" that does nothing except block the androgen receptor, which the way I see it is that the circulating DHT that has reached the scalp would be stuck there since it cannot bind with the receptor anymore. This is complicated to guess what is exactly going on. If DHT arrives to the scalp tissue, and doesn't bind into the follicle because it's blocked by RU, wouldn't it just build up on the follicle tissue thus giving up an higher measurement on the biopsy? or would this DHT go on circulating around the body? In any case, wouldn't the net result be higher? RU does not inhibit DHT production directly isn't it? It just blocks the existing DHT from binding into the scalp receptors as you apply it there.. so how did the DHT readings on the biopsy were so low on RU?

We need more people to perform these experiments. Everyone is different, we need bigger samples to see patterns. And we also need to see if the biopsy readings are accurate, which would be seen as more and more people did this experiment. Also:

For sure, but surely if I've achieved maintenance with only 50%~ reduction in scalp DHT, prolonged maintenance should be do-able with a higher % of scalp DHT blocked?

As for topical AA's, I'm not willing to go down that path unfortunately, at least until CB is released or prescribed off-label or more data comes out as to why it loses effectiveness after just 6-12 months. I'd rather shave my head or get a well done hair transplant then put pure research chemicals on my scalp. Although I did just order some alfatridiol, which I know is a very weak AA but I guess better then nothing.
This could be related to the upregulation theory. The receptors become used to being blocked, and become more sensitive to try to bind easier with existing androgens, which means you need less androgens to miniaturize follicles once this up-regulation kicks in. Which means, if you can't stop baldness by inhibiting enzymes (basically the usual suspects, finasteride/dutasteride) you are essentially f*cked, since how else are you going to get rid of remaining androgens such as T if that was indeed what causes people that nuke their 5ar to still go bald (again, assuming that is the reason someone on dutasteride with ridiculously low DHT still goes bald)

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The smell is annoying. I had to find an alternative, finastopic for now but now it went from funky the a chemical smell.
ah i'm ot the only one. that's unfortunate as i like the texture and how it gets absorbed. do you know if there is any way to reduce the smell of trichosol ( maybe parati can change the formulation i don't know). i tried all the different fagron vehicle ( trichosol / trichocream / trichofoam / fitalite) and they all felt great texture wise but had horrible smells..

Timmy_17

My Regimen
Reaction score
ye it seems weird to me that he got hit so fast with side effects by using 1ml of 0.05% dutasteride despite dutasteride having a bigger molucular mass than finasteride. finasteride does penetrate deeper than dutasteride and thus should give more systemic effects. I got androgen deficency from oral finasteride after a month severely "dry eyes" even tried to take it once a week at a very low dosage still affected my eyes. never had sexuall side effects from it tho or mental. but I did get post saw palemtto syndrome at age 23 aka "post finasteride syndrome" I suffered from it for a full year until I recovered, but I never recovered fully from it but close enough so Im absolutely not saying its all in your head but your experience still seems abit odd to me. reffering to charger.
What did you do to recover from saw palmetto syndrome out of interest?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
ah i'm ot the only one. that's unfortunate as i like the texture and how it gets absorbed. do you know if there is any way to reduce the smell of trichosol ( maybe parati can change the formulation i don't know). i tried all the different fagron vehicle ( trichosol / trichocream / trichofoam / fitalite) and they all felt great texture wise but had horrible smells..
Lipo from parati doesn’t smell

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am enthusiastic about topical dutasteride but, to claim it's effective right after first application seems far-fetched to me.

So far, I would say that at least 80% of HairLossTalk.com users (from the Discord chat) who implemented a low dose topical duta regimen are undergoing a dramatic shedding with overall worsening of their density. IDK why but it seems topical AAs come with a 100% sure shedding. I, myself, had to give up on topical finasteride after losing so much of my density for 6 months.

I would recommend to ride out the shedding, but I know for a fact it's pretty hard to do so in reality.

EDIT: In fact, except for Vincent and Mustang's cases, everyone is shedding...